"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #10031
Chef Extraordinaire

Munky, I know what you mean when you say you were being over medicated. I was having the same problem with my BP meds. It was causing my blood pressure to drop so low that they almost lost me one time in the ER. So far they have reduce my meds three times and I am still having the same problem. So the next time they can't get a reading because it is too low, I am going to suggest that just maybe I no longer need BP meds. All my numbers are at the lower end. Over the years I have gotten my sugar readings down along with my BP and cholesterol. Time to take another look.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #10032
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Munky, do you know the symptoms of stroke? Do you know that if you can get to the hospital fast, they now have drugs that take care of it, if administered quickly enough.

When I had my first double vision migraine, the cat looked like he had four eyes. I went to a walk in clinic and the doc checked that I didn't have any other symptoms of stroke and told me which hospital's ER I should go to. Then they checked that I didn't have any symptoms of stroke. My mother had a few strokes and more transient ischemic episodes than she could count. I understand the concern.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #10033
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Here is a good link for the warning signs of stroke...across the top it says "CALL 911"

Stroke Symptoms - National Stroke Association
Old 04-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #10034
Chef Extraordinaire

Just got back from mums, always lovely spending time with her

She is coming over here tomorrow morning and I am giving her a pedicure
Old 04-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #10035
Honey Badger

Thanks for the heads up PF.
Take notes of when your eye symptoms occur. Before or after you take your meds. Foods, activities.

I've been doing some reading up on symptoms of strokes. They have almost the same similarities of a heart attack.

Celebrity Apprentice is coming on soon.. So glad Cruella Omarosa was booted last week. I laughed. Long and loud.

Munky.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:07 AM   #10036
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Just got done signing up for the American Cancer Society Relay For Life. My work is not participating this year, so Shrek and I have created our own team...the theme this year is Superheroes...I have a costume all ready for it and will have Shrek take pictures when I get it on!

Off to bed now, taking my headache with me. Oh and Shrek, too...and the cats...aw heck everything that breathes will be in there.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:33 AM   #10037
Chef Extraordinaire

Kylie, Spike and I were talking about Vera Lynn. So I looked her up and one thing led to another. I found myself in Australia. There were tons of pictures of Queen Elizabeth II from all her visits there. There was also many of her official commissioned pictures of her. You can't help but notice, when she was young she always displayed a stern look. As she got older she was smiling more and more in the pictures. There was an article on the Wattle Pin. What a beautiful piece of jewelry. And so much meaning to it.

There were pictures of the fire tornadoes in the outback that lasted for 40 minutes. They looked terrifying. A photographer happened to be driving through and just caught them as they were starting. He grabbed his camera and got some impressive shots.

Oh yeah. One more thing. I am glad that the Coach is finally going to make it to London.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #10038
Chef Extraordinaire

Hope you feel better Fi
Old 04-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #10039
Chef Extraordinaire

I am not feeling well today, woke up this morning with swollen glands, sore throat, weird head etc

I have just been on the recliner all day watching TV...and I have started a course of cold and flu tablets to get on top of it early

I hate being sick...it doesnt happen often, but when it does, I dont do it well
Old 04-09-2013, 02:52 AM   #10040
Head Chef

So sorry to hear that Kylie.

Drink lots of fluids, get plenty of rest and put Steve to work on everything else.

Feel better soon.