"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-09-2013, 03:40 AM   #10041
Master Chef

Hope you feel better soon Kylie!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #10042
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you so much Jeff and Snip, much appreciated xxx

Steve came home from work and made dinner for us and whacked all the dishes in the dishwasher, he looks after me when I am sick, of which I so appreciate, it helps

Old 04-09-2013, 06:01 AM   #10043
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here listening to the thunderstorm that is right over the building. Lots of lightening goes with it. God must be taking pictures again of all He made.

I have my six month checkup coming on Friday. So I have to go to Winthrop this morning so the nurse can look at my hand. It is almost halfway healed. That sulphadiazine has worked wonders. I have formed new tissue to replace what was torn out. I will have a scar though. Heck, I have so many scars on my body now, what is one more. It is the only thing though that keeps me out of beauty contests. Judges don't like scars.

I am waiting for the 20th of the month. I am going to get my hair cut as close to my head as possible. A Pixie cut. I hate long hair.

I got good news today. My main email was hacked. So I am having to close it and open a new one. I use this one only for DC. Whoever hacked it was charging to my credit card. The charges have been reversed and they applied the reversed charges to my credit card account as payment. Fine by me. Another $100 on the balance.

My daughter is doing good. Not so much sickness this time with her chemo. She even went out with her husband for supper one night in the middle of the chemo week. I have had the fixings for a pineapple upside down cake for her for a couple of months. With all the birthdays these past couple of months, she had enough cake. So I think at the end of April, she will be ready for the pineapple one.

SB, keep up the good work. And the rest of your weight losers also. I am watching you all.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #10044
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am sitting here listening to the thunderstorm that is right over the building. Lots of lightening goes with it. God must be taking pictures again of all He made.

I have my six month checkup coming on Friday. So I have to go to Winthrop this morning so the nurse can look at my hand. It is almost halfway healed. That sulphadiazine has worked wonders. I have formed new tissue to replace what was torn out. I will have a scar though. Heck, I have so many scars on my body now, what is one more. It is the only thing though that keeps me out of beauty contests. Judges don't like scars.

I am waiting for the 20th of the month. I am going to get my hair cut as close to my head as possible. A Pixie cut. I hate long hair.

I got good news today. My main email was hacked. So I am having to close it and open a new one. I use this one only for DC. Whoever hacked it was charging to my credit card. The charges have been reversed and they applied the reversed charges to my credit card account as payment. Fine by me. Another $100 on the balance.

My daughter is doing good. Not so much sickness this time with her chemo. She even went out with her husband for supper one night in the middle of the chemo week. I have had the fixings for a pineapple upside down cake for her for a couple of months. With all the birthdays these past couple of months, she had enough cake. So I think at the end of April, she will be ready for the pineapple one.

SB, keep up the good work. And the rest of your weight losers also. I am watching you all.
Glad things are going better Addie :)
Wish I had half the strength you have!
Hugs

Old 04-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #10045
Master Chef

I'm sitting here like a deer caught in the headlights lol! Just got a call for a job interview tomorrow. Before I knew it the conversation was over and I agreed to go.
I have no clue what position it's for or what the salary is. Not even sure if I can get to work and back if I get it lol!
I better go dig for work clothes and do something about my hair. The salt and pepper look won't work for an interview!
Don't even want to think about this, all I know is the company is in a town next to the one I live in. I'll just play it by ear.

I haven't been for an interview in a very long time, I have spider webs and barney tunes where my brain used to be and I have no clue what I'm in for tomorrow!!!!!!

Old 04-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #10046
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Sorry you are not feeling well, Kylie. Lots of fluids and rest.

Good luck Snip with the interview.

Better send me an e-mail Addie so I have your new address.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #10047
Master Chef

Thank you PF :)

Old 04-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #10048
Master Chef

This morning I have been sitting in my comfy chair reading a book by one of my favorite authors (Martha Grimes). It is raining and there is lots of thunder. I love days like this and the rain is helping my rhubarb to grow. It is a good day.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #10049
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969
Thank you so much Jeff and Snip, much appreciated xxx

Steve came home from work and made dinner for us and whacked all the dishes in the dishwasher, he looks after me when I am sick, of which I so appreciate, it helps
What a guy!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #10050
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharris View Post
What a guy!
I think her Steve knows it when he has it good! I bet Kylie takes great care of him when he is sick too.