What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm exhausted. :LOL: Daughter and grandson came for dinner tonight, and little man was so hyper. Mondays are his full day at preschool and we think he was just so over tired. He wore his mom and I out. :LOL: Fixing to clean up the taco salad leftovers and settle my own self down. :wacko:

Addie, I hope you and everyone in the Boston area is OK. We here in EC had 3 small tornadoes go through the Friday night after Easter, but our house didn't get any damage, just lots of pine cones in the yard from neighbors trees. Also had tornado warnings go off Friday night during Awful Arthur's trip through our neck of the woods, but no damage here.

The TV warning is done whereby they take control of your TV. You can't change the channel and ignore the flashing warning and the beeps. Then in the middle of that they also took control of my computer. I was in the middle of typing and because I live within walking distance of the airport and they were having micro cloud burst, they started flashing warnings that East Boston was under tornado watch. Not Boston, but East Boston specifically. Let me tell you, that got my attention. On went my shoes, a dress and I made sure I had anything else I could think of. That is the first time I have ever been that nervous and concerned regarding the weather. And I have been through every weather condition you can name. :angel:

My dog is house broken. He goes to the sliding glass door when he needs to go out. Does not bark....just stands there expecting you to know that he's there needing to go out. He also goes to the sliding glass door when he wants to look out at the critters on the hill. He will bark at them, but not to let us know he needs to go out. If I say "want to go outside?" he will start dancing, then I know. It would be nice if he would bark when we want him to instead of just when he sees a critter or someone comes to the door.

I miss riding my bike. I think it is the happiest memory I have of my childhood. Physical Therapy nixed the idea. Balance problem. :angel:

I never learned to ride a bike, so it's a good thing I don't depend on that memory for happiness! LOL Years back DH and I got a bicycle built for two and went riding on it. Problem is he made me do all the pedaling. Not a good memory.

My favourite creative outlet is adapting something I find, e.g. from a skip etc. Recently I found a broken umbrella that had really nice butterflies on the design. I took it home and cut out the butterflies. They are now strategically pasted around my living room!

I just took two Vicodin. My body seems to be at odds with me today. I haven't accomplished one thing of any value today. Oh, I did make a cup of coffee. It is a good thing I can touch type, otherwise I would have to open my eyes. That would take more effort than I have.

Sit, stand, walk, stand still, lie down, get back up and do it all over again. It doesn't matter, I can't get comfortable. I really want to sleep. But if I do, I will be up all night and I am trying to get on a normal schedule. I have to get up and go to Winthrop tomorrow. :angel:

I just took two Vicodin. My body seems to be at odds with me today. I haven't accomplished one thing of any value today. Oh, I did make a cup of coffee. It is a good thing I can touch type, otherwise I would have to open my eyes. That would take more effort than I have.

Sit, stand, walk, stand still, lie down, get back up and do it all over again. It doesn't matter, I can't get comfortable. I really want to sleep. But if I do, I will be up all night and I am trying to get on a normal schedule. I have to get up and go to Winthrop tomorrow. :angel:

Addie, we should be together today. I am having a complete chronic pain flare, along with a migraine and a continued upset tummy. I can't get comfortable anywhere and had to have a coke zero just to make TB's sandwiches (he went and got my pills, food for Violet and some juice so I wasn't going to make him do his food too). I normally can't take caffeine as it triggers migraines, but I already had one so it wouldn't make me worse. It did give me just enough energy to do my task and write this.

We have no idea why this has happened but are thinking I may have to have a medication change as I have all the other chronic pain tools in place. Oh, and I fell out of bed yet again. The bed rail stopped my head from hitting the nightstand, but my bum went over and I hit my left side on the bed rail so now both sides are hurting. This falling is starting to scare me.

had to have a coke zero just to make TB's sandwiches

I'm sure you already know this and may have investigated this for yourself but there is some evidence that aspartame can trigger migraines. Just a suggestion.

(I'm not saying that everyone will get headaches from aspartame, so please.....:))

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure you already know this and may have investigated this for yourself but there is some evidence that aspartame can trigger migraines. Just a suggestion.

(I'm not saying that everyone will get headaches from aspartame, so please.....:))
Migraine is the least of what this artificial sweetener has been linked to!
780422031.gif

It is so significantly controversial as to be banned in some countries, e.g. Japan.

Addie, we should be together today. I am having a complete chronic pain flare, along with a migraine and a continued upset tummy. I can't get comfortable anywhere and had to have a coke zero just to make TB's sandwiches (he went and got my pills, food for Violet and some juice so I wasn't going to make him do his food too). I normally can't take caffeine as it triggers migraines, but I already had one so it wouldn't make me worse. It did give me just enough energy to do my task and write this.

We have no idea why this has happened but are thinking I may have to have a medication change as I have all the other chronic pain tools in place. Oh, and I fell out of bed yet again. The bed rail stopped my head from hitting the nightstand, but my bum went over and I hit my left side on the bed rail so now both sides are hurting. This falling is starting to scare me.

Spike put wheels on my nightstand. It was mostly so that I wouldn't have to pull it when cleaning. But the real benefit has been when I roll over in my sleep and go right off the side. When I go against the nightstand, it wheels away from me and I go right on the floor. Fortunately my bed is low to the floor. I have finally learned to go way over to the side next to the wall when I am feeling sleepy.

But today I just couldn't get it together. It is mostly old age catching up on me. I don't have too many days like this. I haven't been in any pain. I just couldn't get my act together. Whatever it was, the Vicodin finally kicked in and I am starting to come around.

And this DANG@#$%@$# cold has turned around and come back. But at least I am still getting all the phlegm up when I cough. And it is still clear. That is the main thing. No fever, no color to the phlegm, so no pneumonia.

I am one to hide when something is wrong. If I don't feel good, of course I self diagnose. And I even self prescribe medication. Providing it doesn't need a written one. Only once have I ever asked Poo to write me a script. I had developed a UTI in the middle of the night. I didn't think it warranted a trip to the ER. He came down to my apartment with some pills. Because I caught it right when it first started, I was able to stop it immediately.

But I am feeling fine now. Fine enough to get up and do some housework. Thanks for caring. :angel:

Migraine is the least of what this artificial sweetener has been linked to!

I agree with you creative! But I've learned to be circumspect when giving information which might be misconstrued! :)

Fortunately I'm not tempted by the artificial sweeteners. They all taste absolutely awful to me! Yuck!

Spike put wheels on my nightstand. It was mostly so that I wouldn't have to pull it when cleaning. But the real benefit has been when I roll over in my sleep and go right off the side. When I go against the nightstand, it wheels away from me and I go right on the floor. Fortunately my bed is low to the floor. I have finally learned to go way over to the side next to the wall when I am feeling sleepy.

But today I just couldn't get it together. It is mostly old age catching up on me. I don't have too many days like this. I haven't been in any pain. I just couldn't get my act together. Whatever it was, the Vicodin finally kicked in and I am starting to come around.

And this DANG@#$%@$# cold has turned around and come back. But at least I am still getting all the phlegm up when I cough. And it is still clear. That is the main thing. No fever, no color to the phlegm, so no pneumonia.

I am one to hide when something is wrong. If I don't feel good, of course I self diagnose. And I even self prescribe medication. Providing it doesn't need a written one. Only once have I ever asked Poo to write me a script. I had developed a UTI in the middle of the night. I didn't think it warranted a trip to the ER. He came down to my apartment with some pills. Because I caught it right when it first started, I was able to stop it immediately.

But I am feeling fine now. Fine enough to get up and do some housework. Thanks for caring. :angel:
Glad you were feeling better when you wrote this, Addie.

Don't treat UTIs lightly. It's quite common for them to cause confusion and disorientation in elderly patients and can result in nasty falls(as with my mother).

I agree with you creative! But I've learned to be circumspect when giving information which might be misconstrued! :)

Fortunately I'm not tempted by the artificial sweeteners. They all taste absolutely awful to me! Yuck!

I have tried them all and they leave a strong metallic taste in my mouth. It feels like I have been chewing on the hull of a Navy ship. :angel:

Cave and Creative, thanks and don't worry there is no offense taken by your posts. I know all about aspartame and rarely take it. I don't drink sugared or chemically sweetened soft drinks or other products very often at all. I opt for a lemon-lime flavored sparkling water and plain water or watered down juices for my beverages.

However, once in awhile, if I need energy and already have the symptoms I know the drink will give me, I have one of TB's cokes. It gave me just enough energy to get the sandwiches made and then it bottomed out and I was able to sleep for quite awhile.

I am still in a huge chronic pain flare but the migraine is gone and my stomach is fine. TB texted to say he picked up a second bed rail to put at the bottom of the bed so my feet won't roll off. They are short enough that I will still have a good area to get in and out of. The store is right across from one of his Wednesday drop-off's which is just before his break!

Just finished my yoga routine, much better after work. Shrek wanted Wendy's tonight so I got myself a hot pastrami on rye. Yum, but I think they forgot the cheese.

Well it looks like I am on my way to the ER. My chronic pain levels have reached a 10 and are no longer manageable on my own. It is affecting my breathing/asthma and walking. They will give me some IV pain meds and decide if the ones I am taking need adjusting. If it isn't too busy I will be out in a few hours. They usually fast track me because it is pain and a routine fix. I just have to wait for my friend to come and pick me up.

Back
Top Bottom