What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well Addie, I learned a new word today!

Mama said that Internet would be my undoing! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

With being married and having a plethora of kids, I didn't have time to get into trouble. But every one tells me I have great kids. So I must have been busy doing something right.

I have never had an alcoholic drink. I didn't want my children to ever see me drunk. And as a teenager, we didn't drink in those days. We were law abiding. By the time the last ones left home, I lost any interest I ever might have had. I have outlived two husbands and never had any interest in training another one. Too much work. :)

I love this thread. Nearly every post in "what are you doing" brings a different activity and takes us off in a new direction. Happy digression with no guilt or scolding for being off-topic. I also love its cousin, "stray thoughts," a marvelous mix of ideas and opinions. A great way to keep the ol' brain awake. :)

you said it!, tin! i for one love nothing more than straying off topic to follow a thought or trail. and what are you doing and stray thoughts are both topic free-as-the-breeeze--i love it! :)

Getting ready to go to work to put out a small catering for 50 people. Then off to visit my aunt in the hospital for an infected knee replacement, hope to get home by 3:00 to get some catering quotes done for a wedding & a bridal shower.

I'm still visiting my sister and niece in Calgary. Its been a great visit so far. I'm missing my husband and kids but we're having a lovely time.

I'm still visiting my sister and niece in Calgary. Its been a great visit so far. I'm missing my husband and kids but we're having a lovely time.

I would have loved to visit anyone in Calgary when I had kids and never would have missed them. I went away once for a weekend for a wedding and never thought of them at all. Their father was quite capable of taking care of them. I thought I was in heaven. :angel:

Currently ignoring the cats pestering for attention to be a brat. He woke me by wacking me in the face with his paws and I figure if he can snub me when he's annoyed with me I can do the same to him. I'll cave and pay attention to him in a moment.

Getting ready to go to work to put out a small catering for 50 people. Then off to visit my aunt in the hospital for an infected knee replacement, hope to get home by 3:00 to get some catering quotes done for a wedding & a bridal shower.

Small - ha. Maybe to you, but to this ordinary person that sounds like a very daunting task. I myself am in awe of the things that folks accomplish without breaking stride, it seems. What a day, Simonbaker.

While we're in the thick of it all the constant activity may not seem remarkable; once retirement sets in (IMO), we begin to see and appreciate just what great things are being accomplished around us. So many people bear up under heavy loads -- work schedules, the illnesses of loved ones, the need to have a work schedule -- any work schedule. So many stories....and we get to share them here, from all parts of the globe. Lucky us.

A co-worker is on vacation for two weeks, I will be going in today for 4 hours to keep us caught up. Luckily, we are at low-census, hard on our paychecks, but nice that we don't have a bunch of folks that need us.

So, I am heading for work and then getting my regular Monday chores done, like laundry...

When I'm done shovelling snow off the back of the front deck (deck split in two by new porch addition)....
SomaShovels.JPG

I spread seed for wildlife, which wait patiently.

Deerinsnow.JPG

DH says not to feed the wild turkeys but in the wilderness, one can't dictate who comes to one's table. I let God decide.

I'm also working indoors on a quilt (This Gemini is not a quilter, just hoping to exercise the aging gray matter):

It will have large and small squares and rectangles, appliqueed with 'hibiscus flowers': (here are some small squares in progress):

LaidOut.JPG

Should look like this when completed (minus the 'busy' border):

QuiltPic.JPG

I'm on the bus to home after a weekend away with my sister. It was nice but geez I missed my family! The highway is bare and dry so far, but we had a HUGE dump of snow over the weekend (thus the bus ride).

Just got done watching my great-grandson on YouTube at his hockey game. He scored two goals. Way to go!!!!! So sorry I wasn't able to go to the game.

I'm replying to the "what you are doing" thread on the best forum in the world :ROFLMAO:

Ok ok, I'm trying to find a good camera for food photography and the choices are tough!!! Helpppppppppppp!

Just got back from the repair shop with my repaired mixer. Now having a light lunch of hummus, kalamata olives and pita.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom