What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't think art would be appropriate here...is there a section?

There's a random photo thread but also, if taking pictures of your art is what you are doing it fits here! You can also post them in a gallery on your profile page and put a link here.

Last edited:
I had my second outing since my latest pain flair started. We went to dinner yesterday and then today we stopped off at our church to drop some things off as they are having the annual kid's day camp this week. They use some of my catering trays. Usually I head up the kitchen but not this year. I will go as a guest a couple of mornings.

I am feeling a little tired but it feels good to go out. The pain is still severe, but I am more able to manage it. I see one of my doctors tomorrow so we will see what happens. Meanwhile I am going to spend the rest of the day hanging out with TB, Violet and Monkey!

There's a random photo thread but also, if taking pictures of your art is what you are doing it fits here! You can also post them in a gallery on your profile page and put a link here.
Do you mean the album section on the profile page? Seems to be geared towards food....i.e. doesn't feel appropriate.

Do you mean the album section on the profile page? Seems to be geared towards food....i.e. doesn't feel appropriate.

We don't mind, Creative! Would love to see your paintings. Random Photos would work too. Also, on the What Are You Doing thread, we've posted sewing, woodworking, gun making, car shows, all sorts of things. I'm thinking we might have a My Projects thread here somewhere, or you could start a new one.

I just got my teeth cleaned, and stopped at Walgreen's for a new passport picture. :shudder: :yuck: Like drivers licenses, there is no smiling allowed, so now everything gets to look like a mugshot.

We don't mind, Creative! Would love to see your paintings. Random Photos would work too. Also, on the What Are You Doing thread, we've posted sewing, woodworking, gun making, car shows, all sorts of things. I'm thinking we might have a My Projects thread here somewhere, or you could start a new one.

I just got my teeth cleaned, and stopped at Walgreen's for a new passport picture. :shudder: :yuck: Like drivers licenses, there is no smiling allowed, so now everything gets to look like a mugshot.

My daughter told me that there is no law stating you can't smile when you have a professional photo taken. (She works for the Registery of Motor Vehicles.) She started out doing IDs. It is just not recommended. Should you get into difficulty, it is very unlikely you will be smiling. She smiles for her drivers license and so do I for my identification. In fact between us, we have several folks smiling for the passport and drivers pictures. It doesn't have to be a big grin. Just an upturn of the corners of your mouth. Makes all the difference in your appearance. It makes you look wistful. Like you are dreaming of that vacation you are going on. And don't look directly into the camera. Look slightly to the side and up. Every notice how celebrities look over their shoulder. Slightly bring one shoulder forward and look in that direction. Practice in front of a mirror until you have it the way you look best. :angel:

Well, if I ever get arrested, they can save money on taking a mugshot. I already have one from Walgreen's :LOL:

Great suggestions, Addie, sadly it's now a done deal.

Last edited:
Just getting ready to go shop for a new microwave. Ours died last night. We have had this on since 2006. Is that about their life span?

Just getting ready to go shop for a new microwave. Ours died last night. We have had this on since 2006. Is that about their life span?

We have a Sharp that's at least 10 years old. The display is shot so we've had to adjust to that.

I'd buy a new one but can't find one like the one I have. It's built with the control panel across the top so it's narrow for it's turntable size and power. It fits perfectly on a narrow piece of counter between the fridge and stove.

Had a crash course in plumbing,taking out and placing back sheet a rock wall this week.It's been an experience.Now I get to finally paint the bathroom...Yeah!!!!

We had a water pipe leak from the guest bathroom's shower.Didn't know about it until it was too late.Hearing water spraying inside a wall isn't fun.

So we had to take out the wall.It was unrepairable.I didn't want to deal with mold issues.Just get it out and replace the whole thing.Fixed the pipe.Waited a few days to see if it would leak again.Put a new wall back.While we were at it replaced all the fixtures in the bathroom.Right down to the sink.The new fan is nice and quiet.

Now all that's left is paint,replace those flat things that line the bottoms of the walls,floors and lining the new shelves.

Maybe after I take a nap.

I dismantled a hand plane, to sharpen the blade and thought I noted how it came apart in sections. Apparently not! After a frustrating time I hit on the idea to see if there was a youtube on how to assemble a hand plane.

Gotta love youtube - saved the day!
331509.gif

The apartment manager knock on my door early this afternoon. She hadn't seen me for a couple of weeks and wanted to know if I was all right. Then we got talking about my neighbor. I told her that this morning around ten a.m. there was a loud crash that came from her apartment. Loud enough that it woke me out of a sound sleep. She mentioned that the police have been here twice and did I know if it was for her? I haven't seen them, but I have been sick with this stinking cold and have been staying in my apartment. I don't want to infect anyone in the building. I also mentioned that there was a loud argument going on. The manager suspects that the granddaughter is staying with her. She is homeless. I was going to call the police this morning when I heard the loud crash. But I am so reluctant to bring more troubles on her. I am sorry now that I didn't. Like it or not I am going to have to get involved. Elderly Abuse are ugly words. And that is what is going on in there. :angel:

Update on mom - her UTI is back with a vengeance, she's dehydrated, and her electrolytes are out of whack. Going to be in hospital longer this time so she can build her strength back up.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom