What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie, I know this is late but do you have any of the pans that the hospital would give you when you decide to grace them with an overnight stay or longet?

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

We started bringing them home after one of the aides told us that they are just thrown away. I clean them up and have a couple in the linen closet...one holding cleaning supplies and the other holding various health and beauty items. Keeps everything in one handy spot. I think you can also buy them in the dollar store.

I am here drinking a nice cup of joe and trying not to worry...dc is going to scout camp for the first time, for a week. I've been all reassuring and positive outwardly to them so they are excited! I gave extra long hugs and kisses last night. I know they will be fine...and it will be great for them...

Just woke up...Late again!:ermm: Oh well I at least woke up.:LOL:

Checked the caller ID and scoured my cell phone for any messages from my son or the law....Whewww nothing. Guess he decided to keep himself out of the laws reach last night. He's out of town for a huge bachelors (sp) party. From what I was hearing of the talk,plans.Trust me I've been cringing. Now I know it was most likely just hype.:LOL:

Is that a guy thing?
How to freak your Mother out in 10 ways? LOL!

Glad he's not on the FBI's most wanted list, Munky! Whew!

I put on my arsenal of gnat spray that smells like angelfood cake, along with DEET for the mosquitoes, and went out to pick tomatoes and green beans. I also pulled up a bunch of lemonbalm that's growing everywhere. It's a great addition to hibiscus tea, I just cut off the roots and steep it along with the dried hibiscus flowers.

Just woke up...Late again!:ermm: Oh well I at least woke up.:LOL:

Checked the caller ID and scoured my cell phone for any messages from my son or the law....Whewww nothing. Guess he decided to keep himself out of the laws reach last night. He's out of town for a huge bachelors (sp) party. From what I was hearing of the talk,plans.Trust me I've been cringing. Now I know it was most likely just hype.:LOL:

Is that a guy thing?
How to freak your Mother out in 10 ways? LOL!

When Poo got married, The Pirate was his best man. I kept hearing about the wild party they were going to have. There were ten groomsmen all totaled. What a party that would have been. They went out to a nice restaurant and had a nice long dinner with lots of laughter. What a relief. I kept warning The Pirate I didn't want to have to bail out the both of them in time for the wedding. :angel:

We started bringing them home after one of the aides told us that they are just thrown away. I clean them up and have a couple in the linen closet...one holding cleaning supplies and the other holding various health and beauty items. Keeps everything in one handy spot. I think you can also buy them in the dollar store.

Thanks for the idea Carol. I never put the laundry supplies back in the same place under the sink. So every time I go to do laundry, I have to hunt for the bleach, etc. Those are the items I use the most. Definitely going to get me some hospital type basins. :angel:

The one time I was hospitalized, I brought home EVERYTHING, including the basins and plastic tubing. After all, I was paying for it. When a neighbor was going through treatment for cancer, her husband also gave me her basins. They are very useful, I also put various supplies in them as well as use them for mixing small amounts of soil for repotting plants.

The one time I was hospitalized, I brought home EVERYTHING, including the basins and plastic tubing. After all, I was paying for it. When a neighbor was going through treatment for cancer, her husband also gave me her basins. They are very useful, I also put various supplies in them as well as use them for mixing small amounts of soil for repotting plants.

I have a matching 6 pc set of the water jugs they put in the rooms. Several basins, etc. I even took the roll of tape, etc that was in the room. You get charged for the whole roll, may as well take it.

I have a matching 6 pc set of the water jugs they put in the rooms. Several basins, etc. I even took the roll of tape, etc that was in the room. You get charged for the whole roll, may as well take it.

My point exactly! I've even used the plastic tubing in fountains! And the scissors have come in handy as well.

Last edited:
Aside from furnishings, linens and pumps, etc. Anything they bring into the room and leave is single use. It either goes in the trash or the employees pockets to take home.

If I could figure out a use for the blood pressure cuffs, I'd bring them home, too...but the connectors are different from the one I have.

Oh yeah. Even baby aspirin is charged at outrageous prices. Best to bring your own.

Hmm. Blood pressure cuffs as pot holders?

Last edited:
Oh yeah. Even baby aspirin is charged at outrageous prices. Best to bring your own.

Absolutely. I have some of the cheapest blood pressure medications there are, Losartan - they charged me the same price for one tablet as it would have cost me for three months of refills. And I was in the hospital for 4 days, it was given 8 times.

Thanks for the idea Carol. I never put the laundry supplies back in the same place under the sink. So every time I go to do laundry, I have to hunt for the bleach, etc. Those are the items I use the most. Definitely going to get me some hospital type basins. :angel:

Addie, I have several of those type basins, one I use as a dish pan. All from WalMart for $2 each. There is a choice of several colors, too.

I have brought home the thermometers. But the battery wore out on them. So Poo is going to get me one of those they run across your forehead. He says they are more reliable than the ones that go in the ear.

I also bring home the toothbrushes. Great for cleaning grout. Corners and other areas that the usual cleaning tools leave untouched.

Yeah TL. Everything that comes into the room for our personal use is billable. Even the cheap comb that breaks the second you put it in your hand.

I have a bag that I keep packed for anytime I go out the door in the ambulance. I have it hanging on the handle to the closet door that you have to pass to go out. It has a container with a little salt and pepper mix. Just a pinch is all I need for any of the meals. I also have a bunch of sugar packets for the cup of tea that I have the nurse make with the English Breakfast tea bags that are in my bag. My cell phone goes with me also. Not to use, but for the phone numbers. With the list of contacts. I couldn't tell you anyone's phone number. I also have a pair of underwear for when I am discharged. The bag is small enough to fit right into my sewing bag. And that goes everywhere with me. :angel:

I hear you loud and clear Addie!!

Actually, they usually use cloth diapers for her (huge savings with $).
I requested disposable today.. at my age, grand mother was not interested in dealing with even one more cloth diaper in the toilet. Been there, done that...
Age has it's perks. ;)

Oh, you betcha! :LOL: When I went up to the kids' cabin on Monday, I got the best seat in the all terrain vehicles! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Sounds like you had a great day with little Cheyenne, Kay. And I love her name.... :wub:

Glad he's not on the FBI's most wanted list, Munky! Whew!

I put on my arsenal of gnat spray that smells like angelfood cake, along with DEET for the mosquitoes, and went out to pick tomatoes and green beans. I also pulled up a bunch of lemonbalm that's growing everywhere. It's a great addition to hibiscus tea, I just cut off the roots and steep it along with the dried hibiscus flowers.
Lemon balm is lovely in its place. It's when it goes walk about it's an infernal nuisance. Mine is firmly ensconced in a pot on the paved terrace under the front windows. Nowhere for it to go even if it escapes.

Oh, you betcha! :LOL: When I went up to the kids' cabin on Monday, I got the best seat in the all terrain vehicles! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Sounds like you had a great day with little Cheyenne, Kay. And I love her name.... :wub:
There used to be a pinto pony on the yard called Cheyenne only the people who owned her had inherited the name from previous owners and, not knowing any better, thought it was spelled Shy Anne - nothing was further than the truth with that pony!

Good God! (Sorry, Addie.) Do workmen over there expect 2 course luncheons as well as money? Don't tell our workmen over here - it would scare them off! The last lot in my house graciously accepted mid-morning and mid-a'noon cups of tea but clearly thought I'd lost my mind when I offered cookies! At lunchtime they retired to their van to eat their sandwiches in peace despite invitations to use the dining room and plates, etc!

No, workmen don't get the top drawer treatment like the guys did here on Saturday. The four included my husband (Glenn), his son (Kenneth) and two other men who, over the years worked for both Glenn and Kenneth in their auto-body business and have since become good friends. As it turned out, they helped because they said they "owed" them for help Glenn and Kenneth had extended to them.

It was a good day, especially since they'd worked together, off and on, for many, many years and knew each other's strengths and weaknesses.

The garage was done and clean-up was completed by 3 p.m. The only tasks left are to install the garage door and wire it for lights and outlets, which won't take very long.

There used to be a pinto pony on the yard called Cheyenne only the people who owned her had inherited the name from previous owners and, not knowing any better, thought it was spelled Shy Anne - nothing was further than the truth with that pony!

:) When my best friend and I were teens, she got a yearling quarter horse for her birthday that she named Shy Anne...I'd never heard of that spelling other than from her, and now here! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom