"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #10201
Chef Extraordinaire

I am not cranky. I was very sad before I started to watch the Interfaith Services. But there have been some beautiful words spoken today. My spirit has been lifted to the highest.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #10202
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
I was cranky! You just cheered me up

i'm gonna sum up a lengthy post i wrote earlier that got erased. maybe it wasn't meant to see the light of day. who knows how these things work in the cosmos.:) beside, mrslmb and aunt bea already gave you most of what you need to hear, snip, with their loving and gentle voices.:)

snippers, this is a day that has been a long time coming for you, isn't it? and it's about time, too. yes you are plenty pissed, and you're not having any fun being pissed, i know. but this is your Watershed Day, and some of us on the sidelines, are cheering you on, and then too, you can be so adorable when you're mad. you are standing up to say, "hey, what about me? i have been on the giving end way too long, giving and giving, to all of you tom dick and harrys, and for what?! i matter! i'm going to be good to mySELF for a change." that's right, now turn around and take a bow, snip. smile, and say, "how d'you like me NOW"?!!!

Old 04-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #10203
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm not cranky. Just confused.
I've been messing with my phone lines all morning and cannot do what I wanted to do.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #10204
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I'm not cranky. Just confused.
I've been messing with my phone lines all morning and cannot do what I wanted to do.
You aren't trying to do anything illegal now are you Pac .. are we gonna have to take up a collection to bail you out of the pokey ???
Old 04-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #10205
Chef Extraordinaire

It is Friday here and going to be another lovely Autumn day

Ads, I have ironing to do today

Also need to get a few things from the bakery and I am also going to buy some sushi for tomorrows lunch

Hope everyone is having a great evening!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #10206
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
You aren't trying to do anything illegal now are you Pac .. are we gonna have to take up a collection to bail you out of the pokey ???
Ha! Not yet I'm not...

My phones are a holy mess. AB switches, splitters... it's a quagmire. I'm trying to wire in my alarm system to be able to call out on either the A side or the B side, but it ain't happening
I finally have everything hooked up and sorta working. I just need to speak with TS to fine tune things. In the past ten years I've never received any electronic gizmo that had so FEW intructions that came with it.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #10207
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm relaxing on the porch with a glass of wine. I spent the day with the master gardeners. We went to a city park in Williamsburg, Va., for a short hike and then had lunch in a historic building. Then we went to Colonial Williamsburg and had a private tour of the colonial gardens from Master Gardeners in that area. Then we went to a colonial flower market and enjoyed another talk from a guy in period costume about gardenimg during colonial times. And finally we arrived home. I am exhausted.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #10208
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I'm relaxing on the porch with a glass of wine. I spent the day with the master gardeners. We went to a city park in Williamsburg, Va., for a short hike and then had lunch in a historic building. Then we went to Colonial Williamsburg and had a private tour of the colonial gardens from Master Gardeners in that area. Then we went to a colonial flower market and enjoyed another talk from a guy in period costume about gardenimg during colonial times. And finally we arrived home. I am exhausted.
Now that sounds like a fun day ! I would love to do something like that .. might have to put that on my bucket list now that's it's been brought to my attention !
Old 04-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #10209
Chef Extraordinaire

Whew, 57 minutes on hold for TS before I finally got my call answered
Part of that time was passed speaking with my BIL. He's finally using the smoker I got him for Christmas this weekend. He's even going to overnight it ok... I told him. I wouldn't overnight a first smoke, but his smoker is electric so maybe he'll get it dialed in before he goes to bed.

Anyway, it turns out the confusion with my alarm system lie with me not getting a user guide. Duh. It makes things so much nicer knowing that I am supposed to press buttons on my phone when it calls me and not just hang up.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #10210
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Whew, 57 minutes on hold for TS before I finally got my call answered
Part of that time was passed speaking with my BIL. He's finally using the smoker I got him for Christmas this weekend. He's even going to overnight it ok... I told him. I wouldn't overnight a first smoke, but his smoker is electric so maybe he'll get it dialed in before he goes to bed.

Anyway, it turns out the confusion with my alarm system lie with me not getting a user guide. Duh. It makes things so much nicer knowing that I am supposed to press buttons on my phone when it calls me and not just hang up.