What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I learned to sew on my mother's old sewing machine in the early 60's. It was old even then, probably from the 30s or 40s. After learning, I bought a brand new sparkling sewing machine with all the dials and attachments. I still have it, and now IT'S old and so am I.

Not sleeping.

Up early today. Can't sleep with stuff on my mind.

Must have been something in the air. I didn't fall asleep until past 5:00 AM. On nights like that I'm tempted to just get up and start vacuuming. Almost. I'd probably making my next posts from the hospital!* :LOL: But I figure if I can't sleep why should Himself be off in dreamland.

*Just want to clarify that Himself is completely non-violent. Heck, he doesn't even yell. Sweetest tempered guy you could meet. :wub:

I had an unusual but very welcome adddition to my arch of roses in my back garden.

Next door's garden is fairly overgrown and some wild roses have grown over into my garden....exactly in alignment to the rose arch! So I did some tying up and now have a double arch - my roses are fairly large and like red velvet, the wild roses are copious and delightful sprays of white. I feel so blessed!

Must have been something in the air. I didn't fall asleep until past 5:00 AM. On nights like that I'm tempted to just get up and start vacuuming. Almost. I'd probably making my next posts from the hospital!* :LOL: But I figure if I can't sleep why should Himself be off in dreamland.

*Just want to clarify that Himself is completely non-violent. Heck, he doesn't even yell. Sweetest tempered guy you could meet. :wub:
Me too. I was wide awake until the alarm went off at 8am ...... then I immediately zonked out cold until noon. What a waste of a morning (and a night)!

I think it's the muggy heat over here that's causing the disruption. Crazy home insurance rules say that once everyone has gone to bed all ground floor windows must be closed and locked. My house is a bungalow so I sleep on the ground floor. I queried it with the girl at the insurance company and she confirmed that even ground floor bedroom windows must be secure at night.

Hey Himself! Blame it on sleepwalking!!!:)

Been on a little pseudo vacation/long weekend. . .so hard to get motivated to get back into the grind, knowing it's just for Thursday and Friday, feel like I should just call the week a wash and start fresh on Monday.

Went to the pool with Kindle in her waterproof case and my floaty thing. Major rugrat invasion, but it was all the home schooling moms, so the kids were relatively well behaved.

Afterwards had a nice walk with Beagle, then tried to pick blueberries without Deet. It didn't go well. The mosquitoes are horrid.

Trying to keep my eyes open. It's only 8 now, but like a few others have mentioned, been having a little trouble turning off my brain and having a good night's sleep, too. Off to the recliner....nighty night, all! :)

Praying for those who have lost their pets. Dang, this is so hard! I wish there was something I could do to help.

Taking the day off.Well,for a little while anyways.Waiting for the tylenol to kick in.The garage needs a good cleaning.Nobody can walk into it without tripping over something.Mostly all my cookbooks I have boxed up.3 boxes...Time to unload them all.

Our adopted son and I redid my front flower bed/ borders.Yep, went with cactus plants.Some are tall,they bloom huge white flowers.Some were medium/small sized aloe vera plants. We used as borders.Was able to keep some of the larger plants.Now I'll just let the poppies do their natural thing to grow around them and the rocks.We laughed every time the city truck with it's flashing lights drove slowly by us many times just waiting to nail us if we turned on the hose during off hours and days.

How come they never seem to see my neighbors watering their lawn on a daily basis hours on end?

I do have a back up plan if I get tagged.My tree has still to be trimmed.
It's been now 5 years.It would be a shame if it falls on a vehicle.
MINE! guess I get a new car on the city :)

I'm looking at a grocery bag of produce from a friend's garden, and wondering what I'm going to do with it all. The cukes I think I'll pickle using Steve's recipe, the jalapenos I will probably freeze, but have no idea what to do with all the green sweet peppers.

I'm looking at a grocery bag of produce from a friend's garden, and wondering what I'm going to do with it all. The cukes I think I'll pickle using Steve's recipe, the jalapenos I will probably freeze, but have no idea what to do with all the green sweet peppers.
You can cut up the green peppers and freeze them to add to sauces and stuff.

You can cut up the green peppers and freeze them to add to sauces and stuff.

Slice some, dice some. I used to do it all the time when I could eat peppers. I would buy them on sale in bulk and have a freezer full of onions and peppers. Great to have on hand for pepper steak sandwiches, omelets with peppers and onions, etc. The Pirate asked me the other day how come I don't have any peppers in the fridge anymore. I have an electric slicer I bought years ago. I bought it so I could buy baloney, and other cold cuts in bulk size and slice them for sandwiches for the kids school lunches. After there were no more school lunches, it came in handy to slice leftover roast beef, pork, etc. for sandwiches. One of my best purchases. A lot cheaper than buying it at the deli counter. Also, if you buy onions in bulk, like ten pounds, great for slicing them on the machine and a lot faster. Less tears shed. :angel:

I still have bags of frozen peppers from previous years in the freezer from the same friend! She has a small farm, and you never know how hot the peppers are going to be. Apparently they cross pollinate, and each pepper must be carefully tasted if you don't want the top of your head blown off. I'm pretty sure these are bells, but I never know!

I still have bags of frozen peppers from previous years in the freezer from the same friend! She has a small farm, and you never know how hot the peppers are going to be. Apparently they cross pollinate, and each pepper must be carefully tasted if you don't want the top of your head blown off. I'm pretty sure these are bells, but I never know!

With The Pirate here so much of the time, they would have been gone long ago. I found myself shopping foods that only he would or could eat. Have I gone mad? I did that for two months only. Sorry son. Go buy your own food. Or learn to eat what I have on hand. YOU don't get to pick and choose in this house. This is my home, not yours. And I don't take requests. :angel:

Dawg, roast the bell peppers on the grill till they're black all over. Pop them into a heavy duty plastic bag and seal them till they're cool. Then you can rub off the burned skin with the help of paper towels. After you've seeded them they can be frozen or canned. TAA DAA...you're very own roasted peppers!

Dawg, roast the bell peppers on the grill till they're black all over. Pop them into a heavy duty plastic bag and seal them till they're cool. Then you can rub off the burned skin with the help of paper towels. After you've seeded them they can be frozen or canned. TAA DAA...you're very own roasted peppers!

A good idea, Kayelle! These are green, would they be as good as red?

A good idea, Kayelle! These are green, would they be as good as red?

Sure they are Dawg. I think the red ones are extra ripe green ones but someone here knows for sure I bet.

I made some killer stuffed red bell peppers a few nights ago...

img_1376931_0_7c03b3ce8daff647740dfb9797ebdf53.jpg

Back
Top Bottom