What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love it, princess. It looks great! One of these days I'm gonna whack mine off, too. I'm so tired of long hair....well, it's not that long, a few inches past my shoulders, but long enough to be a PITA. :huh:

...do you have a balanced diet?....Forgot to say - pulling the hair tightly into a pony tail or chignon can break off hair or pull it out at the roots before it's ready to fall out naturally.
I'm healthy with a good diet, so that isn't a worry. Blood-work is always fine too. A few years back when this first happened (I was just finishing up with menopause) my friend up the street suggested I take a small amount of vitamin E each day. Seems her cat had an issue with hair loss and the vet suggested she squeeze a capsule of the vitamin over kitty's food. If if worked for the cat and I didn't take too big a dose of vitamin E I figured I had nothing to lose. It seemed to work!

When I put my hair up I don't pull it hard, nor do I use anything tight to hold it. I use my fabric scrunchies and loop the hair around it. Two long bobby pins later and voila!

I read the linked article. Must be the stress doing it - Himself and I will be married 40 years this November. :LOL:

Here it is...no, I'm not angry, trying not to look toothless:LOL:
Very smart and businesslike. Wash 'n wear as they say.

I have a chin length bob. Boring and rather childish but it's the only way I can get away with wash 'n wear when I'm in a hurry and look halfway decent. My Dad (hairdresser and barber) used to say he'd seen better hair on a side of bacon! Long and up works and is cool in this weather but ageing at my advanced years and layers? Don't even go there!

When I first got Horse I stopped having the grey coloured out of my hair and grew it down to my waist. Wore it up for work and going out but in a plait/braid down my back for riding so I could get my helmet on. If I wasn't giving Horse the respect and attention he thought he deserved he'd get hold of it in his teeth and pull! I finally had it cut off as I felt I was too old for it but I still miss it. So easy to look after and the plait looked rather good as it was quite attractively striped in shades of grey. People used to ask me if it was professionally coloured that way.

Last edited:
:ohmy: "Short" isn't the exact word I'd use. Shorn like a lamb is more like it. Too short for me, but if it floats your boat more power to you. For myself, I like a little hair hiding the nape of my neck.

The nape of my neck was where it was the hottest! Best of all, I didn;t wake up with a bird's nest on my head this morning.

There is a strike that has pretty much shut down a local supermarket chain. It's a popular chain of 71 stores that offers the lowest prices around. As a result, their customers must shop in other stores. I was in a Stop&Shop yesterday and overheard the manager talking to a customer. He said you could tell which customers were from the other store because they were the ones complaining about the higher prices. He said it as a criticism of the other store's customers but I saw it as an indictment of his store's prices.

I like your new haircut, PF. I have had my hair cut that short a couple times in the past, and my hair grows fast. I have very thick, coarse hair. Right now it is just to the bottom of my earlobes. I have heard that as you age, your hair thins, but I think that only applies to those who have thin hair to begin with. My step daughter is having a bad problem with her hair thinning at age 45. She has been told that her hairloss is from stress. I would be so happy to give her some of mine!

There is a strike that has pretty much shut down a local supermarket chain. It's a popular chain of 71 stores that offers the lowest prices around. As a result, their customers must shop in other stores. I was in a Stop&Shop yesterday and overheard the manager talking to a customer. He said you could tell which customers were from the other store because they were the ones complaining about the higher prices. He said it as a criticism of the other store's customers but I saw it as an indictment of his store's prices.

I'm wondering about the strike at that particular store chain. It's possible that the reason they can offer the lowest prices is because their employees are not well paid and do not have good benefits. If the strike changes that, the increased costs will be passed on to the consumer, and they may no longer be able to offer the lowest prices.

I'm wondering about the strike at that particular store chain. It's possible that the reason they can offer the lowest prices is because their employees are not well paid and do not have good benefits. If the strike changes that, the increased costs will be passed on to the consumer, and they may no longer be able to offer the lowest prices.

On the contrary. The employees are treated well and paid well. Many stay on to make a career at that chain. They get a decent pay plus bonuses. That's why you see all the store's employees picketing for the fired CEO's return. The man created a chain that has one of the highest profit percentages in the industry and his employees love him. Hard to beat that.

Yesterday striking employees announced they would not return to work for any other CEO.

On the contrary. The employees are treated well and paid well. Many stay on to make a career at that chain. They get a decent pay plus bonuses. That's why you see all the store's employees picketing for the fired CEO's return. The man created a chain that has one of the highest profit percentages in the industry and his employees love him. Hard to beat that.

Yesterday striking employees announced they would not return to work for any other CEO.

Well that's interesting. I hope they get their wish, so they can get their customers back there shopping. Why was the CEO fired?

Well that's interesting. I hope they get their wish, so they can get their customers back there shopping. Why was the CEO fired?

It's a family owned private company. The principals are two first cousins that have been at odds from the beginning. Actually, the difficulties began in the previous generation. Logic has nothing to do with it.

I like your new haircut, PF. I have had my hair cut that short a couple times in the past, and my hair grows fast. I have very thick, coarse hair. Right now it is just to the bottom of my earlobes. I have heard that as you age, your hair thins, but I think that only applies to those who have thin hair to begin with. My step daughter is having a bad problem with her hair thinning at age 45. She has been told that her hairloss is from stress. I would be so happy to give her some of mine!

When I mentioned to my doctor that I was seeing more hair than normal on my brush, my doctor told me it was nutritional. So I started to eat more veggies. Sure enough, the hair stayed on my head where it belongs. :angel:

Went shopping with grandson this morning and got most of his school supply's for this year. Went to Shop-Ko and everything was on sale. The only item we didn't get there was the calculator. Will shop around for that. We got his flash drive at Best Buy. Sure am glad that is taken care of.

Not a glamorous job but sorted out the water butt in my garden.

The pipe runs from the shed roof into the water butt. I have been away for 2 years (caring for my mother) so the end of the pipe (where it goes into the water butt) needed attention.

I had placed the toe end of a pair of tights over the pipe's end, to catch debris from the shed's roof and so not contaminate the water.

It was very full so replaced it with a fresh section of tights. Even saw a little brown frog!

Thinking of our neighbors after their house fire. They lost everything, and I'm trying to go through our budget and bills. With any luck, I hope to give them more money.

We were able to give, and we are so grateful. The reconstruction on their house is going really well, and I am so grateful.

Life is good, even in the midst of a disaster. We and our neighbors are so much closer because of this.

Thinking of our neighbors after their house fire. They lost everything, and I'm trying to go through our budget and bills. With any luck, I hope to give them more money.

We were able to give, and we are so grateful. The reconstruction on their house is going really well, and I am so grateful.

Life is good, even in the midst of a disaster. We and our neighbors are so much closer because of this.

This highlights the positive side of humanity that, when there is a crisis, it often brings out the best in what we have to offer. Compassion and giving shows our potential and benefits everyone. :)

Went shopping with grandson this morning and got most of his school supply's for this year. Went to Shop-Ko and everything was on sale. The only item we didn't get there was the calculator. Will shop around for that. We got his flash drive at Best Buy. Sure am glad that is taken care of.

Do you have a tax free weekend in your state? I have gone a couple of times during ours. The stores are absolutely jammed with people. You would think the big stores at a mall like Sears, Macy's, etc. would have enough room for people. Only in your dreams. Specially the appliance section of the stores. Computers are also a big item and the stores are packed even more. During this weekend a lot of the stores have special sales. So the buyer wins twice. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom