"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #10321
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm working on a complex tax return. The wife works as a concierge at a fancy hotel. The husband is a self-employed photographer. They own a duplex and have rental income from two flats. The photography studio is in the basement with its own door (It was a hair dressing salon before they bought the place.) They also have a cottage that they rent out and use for themselves. Oh yeah, the car expenses are fun on this, so is allocating a percentage of a percentage of property expenses to the home office.

I am so glad I have professional tax software and don't have to do those calcs by hand any more.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:06 AM   #10322
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm working on a complex tax return. The wife works as a concierge at a fancy hotel. The husband is a self-employed photographer. They own a duplex and have rental income from two flats. The photography studio is in the basement with its own door (It was a hair dressing salon before they bought the place.) They also have a cottage that they rent out and use for themselves. Oh yeah, the car expenses are fun on this, so is allocating a percentage of a percentage of property expenses to the home office.

I am so glad I have professional tax software and don't have to do those calcs by hand any more.
I would be insane by now...

Old 04-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #10323
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:

I use TurboTax. I'd be lost without it.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #10324
Chef Extraordinaire

Well I was mowing the yard... until my mower went "pop" like I ran over something and lost power shorty thereafter. I only had about an hour left, too.
Now I am waiting for the service guy to show up and look at it. There goes the rest of my plans today.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #10325
Chef Extraordinaire

I have an appointment to go get my eyes examined for new reading glasses. I will throw a tizzy fit if they want to do the eye pressure and eye drops. I just had that done at the surgeons office. No need to repeat it. My pick up is at noon, appointment at one. I will never understand why I have to be picked up so early when I am only five minutes away from where I am going. Oh well, it will give me time to pick up a cup of coffee.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #10326
Chef Extraordinaire

Addie, you can have the results of the last tests sent to the next doctor, so they don't have to repeat.

I'm heading out for some groceries before my mom and stepfather come by for a while.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #10327
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
SB There are some things that cannot be helped...the only way to deal with it is to just let it wash over you. If you let it dam up, it inhibits the healing process. It is what it is.
You need hugs and sleep. Tomorrow is another day! {{{{{{SB}}}}}}
Thank you PF, you are absolutely right. I know just giving this more time will make things better. Patience has never been a real strong suit for me. Thanks for the support!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #10328
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm waiting on hold for tech sup for my tax software.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #10329
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
I'm waiting on hold for tech sup for my tax software.

TL, are you filing late returns or does Canada have a different deadline?
Old 04-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #10330
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Addie, you can have the results of the last tests sent to the next doctor, so they don't have to repeat.

I'm heading out for some groceries before my mom and stepfather come by for a while.
The doctor I am going to see today has total access to my medical records at the hospital. It is all part of the same neighborhood medical network. So he can look it up right there. I just have to argue with them to make them do it. They just need to examine my eyes for reading and doing fine work like sewing.