"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #10491
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Aloha friends!
Sitting on the lani this am with my coffee. The birds are singing and a sneaky King Fisher is looking for breakfast among the lilly pads of the stream only a few feet away.
I want to snorkle later today but dont think my foot is good enough for a fin, so we will see. Weather is perfect..not too warm and no rain.
One finger typing on this Nook is a PITA!
Hello Kayelle, great to hear that you are having such a nice time, sounds lovely

Old 04-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #10492
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post

hi kayelle! we love hearing from you, snorkeling single-finned off island reefs at your tropical shangri la retreat. savor every minute of it....
Vit, you always make me smile, and this gave me a huge chuckle!

Old 04-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #10493
Chef Extraordinaire

Last night we watched the final of Masterchef Australia The Professionals...it was great and a chef called Rhys won...he wasnt one that we thought would win, but he is a very good chef nonetheless
Old 04-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #10494
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
is this for his b-day, bc? what kind of cake are you making for him?
Yup, his birthday is next week, we are having a big party tomorrow. I'm going to make a 1/4 sheet cake 4 thin layers, filled with almond flavored Swiss meringue buttercream, with shaved chocolate sprinkled over the buttercream. I'll probably brush the layers with an ameretto infused simple syrup. I'll enrobe the whole thing in dark chocolate ganache. Not sure how I'll decorate it.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #10495
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post

Yup, his birthday is next week, we are having a big party tomorrow. I'm going to make a 1/4 sheet cake 4 thin layers, filled with almond flavored Swiss meringue buttercream, with shaved chocolate sprinkled over the buttercream. I'll probably brush the layers with an ameretto infused simple syrup. I'll enrobe the whole thing in dark chocolate ganache. Not sure how I'll decorate it.
Oh dear. All us DCers would love to be there, so now you need to bake us a virtual cake. Sorry to add to the pressure, Bakechef, and Happy Birthday to your partner!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #10496
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
You are not the only one. I had a heart incident as soon as I woke up and now am just takiing it easy. I do have things to do, but he house will be here long after I am gone. Today I am going to play being the "Slug."
I hope you are OK. Might I ask what kind of heart incident you had, if it's not too nosy of me? Please be careful.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #10497
Master Chef

Quote:
Being enrobed in dark chocolate ganache doesn't sound half bad!

We need to see a picture of this one, it sounds fantastic!

Does he bake a cake for you on your birthday?
Old 04-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #10498
Senior Cook

Sitting here eating supper and cruising the forums. Had popcorn shrimp with roasted squash and cherry and sunburst tomatoes. The tomatoes taste pretty good cooked in the oven, just have to remember not to put as much pepper on them next time.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #10499
Executive Chef

Quote:

OMG, bc! you make me crazy when you talk that talk..you know, those sensual cake parts that are being infused and brushed, enrobed and shaved...sounds absolutely wunnerrfull, butterrcream wunnerrful. wish i could be there for a piece of that! happy birthday to your honey. have a party that's worthy tomorrow-enjoy!.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #10500
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Aloha friends!
Sitting on the lanai this am with my coffee. The birds are singing and a sneaky King Fisher is looking for breakfast among the lilly pads of the stream only a few feet away.
I want to snorkle later today but dont think my foot is good enough for a fin, so we will see. Weather is perfect..not too warm and no rain.
One finger typing on this Nook is a PITA!
Seems to me being in the water would be good for your foot, nice gentle movement with no stress on the bones. Since Dawg knows more about snorkeling than I do, I would follow her advice.