"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #10551
Chef Extraordinaire

Right now I am kicking myself from here to ****. Saturday I for the first time did what I was supposed to do. I took two Vicodin three time a day. And then I went to work. I cleaned everything I could get my hands on. That meant walking a lot in my apartment, bending, standing, stretching, walking. I have psoriatic arthritis in my hips and spine. That is what the Vicodin is for. And they did the job. Usually I have to sit after about five to ten minutes, let the pain subside and get back up. I didn't feel any pain Saturday. So I took advantage of it. Yesterday and today I am paying the price. The pain in my left hip, thigh and knee was almost unbearable. I spent most of yesterday in bed. Couldn't sit up for too long. They pain would start again. Today I am doing a little better. The swollen knee has gone down some. And I am calling myself everything but my name.

STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

Old 04-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #10552
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm catching up a little bit here at DC while I drink some coffee and try to get my brain in gear to work on tax returns.

Shreddy (my tomcat) is driving me bonkers. He is sitting right next to me and squishing himself against me. It makes it hard to type. I'm trying to be patient about this. I keep reminding myself of when he was a kitten and insisted on lots of snuggling and petting. I complained about it to Stirling and he said, "Ah, poor thing, you're getting too much lovings."

Old 04-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #10553
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm catching up a little bit here at DC while I drink some coffee and try to get my brain in gear to work on tax returns.

Shreddy (my tomcat) is driving me bonkers. He is sitting right next to me and squishing himself against me. It makes it hard to type. I'm trying to be patient about this. I keep reminding myself of when he was a kitten and insisted on lots of snuggling and petting. I complained about it to Stirling and he said, "Ah, poor thing, you're getting too much lovings."
Your post made me chuckle!

Today it is a cat at the computer.

Years ago we had one that always sprawled out on the newspaper while you were trying to read!

The more things change the more they stay the same!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #10554
Chef Extraordinaire

I had a cat "episode" today, too.
Must be something in the air.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #10555
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Yes, Smudge is sitting on the arm of the sofa and tapping me on the shoulder.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #10556
Chef Extraordinaire

Well Buttons and her companion are up on my bed waiting for me to come and lay down with them so they can play with my hair. It makes it difficult to see the TV with cat paws covering my eyes. They think they are playing Blind Man's Bluff.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #10557
Chef Extraordinaire

I am still impatiently lying around waiting to heal from surgery. Going for short walks occasionaly. Everyone keeps telling me not to push it. I am mentally feeling it's time to get back to life as normal. It's amazing how much it makes me appreciate all of the things I was so sick of & was taking for granted in life.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #10558
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Right now I am kicking myself from here to ****. Saturday I for the first time did what I was supposed to do. I took two Vicodin three time a day. And then I went to work. I cleaned everything I could get my hands on. That meant walking a lot in my apartment, bending, standing, stretching, walking. I have psoriatic arthritis in my hips and spine. That is what the Vicodin is for. And they did the job. Usually I have to sit after about five to ten minutes, let the pain subside and get back up. I didn't feel any pain Saturday. So I took advantage of it. Yesterday and today I am paying the price. The pain in my left hip, thigh and knee was almost unbearable. I spent most of yesterday in bed. Couldn't sit up for too long. They pain would start again. Today I am doing a little better. The swollen knee has gone down some. And I am calling myself everything but my name.

STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!
It's not stupid at all Addie. I can understand how you want to do so much. I am finding out myself, alot right now, that the mind tells you what the body is saying slow down a little bit. Don't be so hard on yourself, just take it easy. I know....easier said than done at times. Take care...know that I am keeping you in my positive thoughts & prayers.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #10559
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I am still impatiently lying around waiting to heal from surgery. Going for short walks occasionally. Everyone keeps telling me not to push it. I am mentally feeling it's time to get back to life as normal. It's amazing how much it makes me appreciate all of the things I was so sick of & was taking for granted in life.
Take time for yourself. You deserve it. The day will come when you will look back at on these days and feel sorry that you didn't take more advantage of all the free time you have on your hands. Are you able to get back on track with your diet? I wouldn't push that too hard either. You need the extra nutrition for healing.

I know you want to get back to work. Has your doctor given you an estimate of when he thinks that may be possible? If so, then a couple of weeks before you plan on doing so, try to stay awake for the hours you would be working and build up your stamina. Staying at home and working a full day require entirely different mind sets. Right now you rest whenever you feel like it. You won't be able to do that at work. You will need to try to extend your hours of activity little by little each day that you are recovering. You can't be taking naps this week and go back to full time work next. Your body will rebel with a relapse.

Keep in touch. I worry about you and how you are doing. And one for you!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #10560
Chef Extraordinaire

I could go for a little lay down session myself. I've been running around all morning it seems.
But right now I am watching Pork Paradise on TV.