What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad to see you (almost) had fun at your exam! It isn't easy being comfortable when undergoing a procedure, no matter where on the body the doctor is poking around.

Telling funny stories makes it easier, doesn't it? I needed to have a small cyst removed from my scalp. My primary care doctor said he could do it in the office's small surgical room - it was used for just these types of procedures. I had gone to him for a few years, was comfortable with him (unlike your situation of meeting the doctor for the first time), and trusted him. Of course I was nervous, but he started to regale me with tales of his med school years. The best one was about a girl he was dating: she was painting her nails and asked him if she could paint his toenails! He had purple ones for a while. :ROFLMAO:

OK, it sounds like we need to pray you through to your doctor's appointment next. I'll say a few for results in your favor.

Thanks so much! That's funny! But at least he could wear shoes and hide those purple toenails for a while!

It's funny how we deal with things like this with humor. To be honest, by now if I didn't have a sense of humor, I would be a terribly depressing person.

Remember, I'm the one with those terrorist kittens. They are still trying to kill us. If I say anything more about them, they'll find out and probably figure out how to unplug my computer and then they'll probably blow up the shed.

I went to the foot doctor yesterday just to get my toenails clipped. Now I appreciate the service. It makes life a bit easier, as I don't have to stretch to reach my toes. But the lack of blood flow in both legs during my ulcer on one leg caused several toenails to fall off on both feet. They have since grown back, but at an extremely slow pace. It has been several month since he saw me last. There was nothing to clip. And I don't have any callouses on my feet. Mainly because I never go barefoot. He had a look of surprise on his face. I reminded him that it would be better for both of us if he left it up to me when I should come in. After all I see my feet every day. He agreed. I explained that I am aware of diabetic damage to the feet and I keep an eye out for any. So it has been decided I will be the one to make the next appointment, when I feel I need to come in for a checkup. Smart doctor. He listens to the patient. :angel:

Prepping to defrost the freezer in the basement tomorrow. It's not stuffed full and it's past time. Between coolers, ice packs, and the new fridge and its freezer, I should be all set for the stuff that's in the freezer.

What I'm doing right now is feeling stupid. I printed out Princess Fiona's great recipe for lemon curd, zested the lemons, squeezed out the juice, measured it & transferred it to a cup, then proceeded to clear up the work area and absently poured the juice down the drain. :ohmy: :rolleyes: 'Taint funny, McGee.

What I'm doing right now is feeling stupid. I printed out Princess Fiona's great recipe for lemon curd, zested the lemons, squeezed out the juice, measured it & transferred it to a cup, then proceeded to clear up the work area and absently poured the juice down the drain. :ohmy: :rolleyes: 'Taint funny, McGee.

:ohmy::(:flowers:

Lizzie, it happens to the best of us. I was cleaning out the fridge the other day and pulled out two fresh corn cobs for our dinner. I got everything bad out to the compost and came back looking for my corn.....:wacko:

Been there. (But not lemon juice) Done that. Welcome to the club! :flowers:

At least you can console yourself with the fact that you didn't try to make a pizza in a microwave on the rack. :LOL: (That was a good one Andy)

Ahhhh!

Wandering round the internet looking for something I came across this

You HAVE to See This Kitten Making Friends With a Horse! | Pet Food Direct.com: The Blog

Not as surprising as you'd think. When I was young I used to know a horse who had his own cat which lived in his stable. They went everywhere together even to the point that if the horse had to travel he wouldn't go onto the horse box unless the cat went first. The cat even used to come on rides with us

Just finished up a little project using some of my less than beautiful canning jar rings. After all the canning was done, I went through all the supplies and separated the less-than-nice rings from the ones I'd feel okay using. Had more than I'd expected, but they didn't get thrown out. After a little spray paint, some string and some autumn picks, they became this:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 153
  • 003 - Copy.jpg
    003 - Copy.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 150
Just finished up a little project using some of my less than beautiful canning jar rings. After all the canning was done, I went through all the supplies and separated the less-than-nice rings from the ones I'd feel okay using. Had more than I'd expected, but they didn't get thrown out. After a little spray paint, some string and some autumn picks, they became this:

Very cute! I saw something like that on FB.

Thanks for the commiseration, guys. It's apparently a bigger club than I thought -- don't know if that's the good news or the bad news. :LOL:

very nice , kth!!

i'm still wonder who piano al is, and who is he private messaging.

or maybe the "r" is stuck on his keyboard and he's just pirate messaging...

Well, here it is and I finally got the last of the groceries put away. That should give you an idea of the size of the grocery order I got and how long it takes me to do just one task. I rewrapped all the meats. I only bought beef. I got a case of sticker shock when I looked at some of the meats. So I hunted down the Manager Specials. All of the prices were double digits per pound. There was a lady there looking also going back and forth comparing the prices. I had my regular glasses on and mentioned that I was getting sticker shock. She started to laugh. I told her I better switch glasses and maybe the prices would change. She laughed and asked if she could borrow the ones I wasn't using to see if it would work for her.

I still haven't heard on my food stamps. The Pirate gave me $180.00 in cash and I spent $59.00 of my own money. The $59 is what I usually spend beyond my food stamps. That is for non food stamp items. Bleach, foil, soap products, etc. Hopefully, I will get my stamps before the month runs out. In any event, when I do receive them they will be retro to the day I first applied. So I will once again be able to really stock up with two months. And it will be all dry goods. My freezer is full to the ceiling. I am still ticked off though about the screw up with my food stamps. Even if it has worked out for the best.

Next off to the kitchen to clean up the mess. I want to make Reuben Sandwiches for tomorrow. I finally have all the fixings.

The Pirate has a new job as Manager of a limo company. The company has been in disarray. It has a new owner with more money than he knows what to do with. He bought the company so he could have a chauffeur at his beck and call. The Pirate told him it would be more economical for him to rent a car at the airport and do his own driving rather than tie up one of the limos when it is needed instead for a function. The owner roared with laughter. He told The Pirate not everyone would have the nerve to tell the owner off in a job interview. He got hired on the spot. Tomorrow he has to clean a stretch limo for a Saturday wedding. He also has to examine all the vehicles and make a list of each one of what is wrong and what needs to be repaired. Today he knows all the repair shops in town and went to school with most of the owners or knows one of their siblings. He knows who is a rip-off and who has good business practices. So he is setting up reliable sources to keep the fleet in working order.

Well, off to the kitchen to clean the dishes. It was nice talking to you. :angel:

Last edited:
Just leaving a community theater production of Hairspray, it was absolutely fantastic! This is the second production from this theater that has blown me away

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Oh No! (I'm not grinning) Well, lemon juice out of the bottle would work, too.

Watching Martin and Lewis, "The Caddy".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom