What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i just spent 4 hours in a light aircraft flying a patient from Paso Robles CA to Santa Monica for treatment at UCLA. I fly for Angel Flight West, who transport non critical patients to and from their treatments. My copilot is suffering from mild Parkinsons so he cannot get a license. I let him fly over 2 and a half of the 4 hours and he loved it
I will be flying a lung cancer patient and his wife tomorrow from San Diego to Santa Monica for treatment. This is important to me as my wife died of lung cancer.

Flightnursing would be fun, but too hectic for me. Like my l'il olds and the slower pace.

Thanks for providing a much needed service for patients.

i just spent 4 hours in a light aircraft flying a patient from Paso Robles CA to Santa Monica for treatment at UCLA. I fly for Angel Flight West, who transport non critical patients to and from their treatments. My copilot is suffering from mild Parkinsons so he cannot get a license. I let him fly over 2 and a half of the 4 hours and he loved it
I will be flying a lung cancer patient and his wife tomorrow from San Diego to Santa Monica for treatment. This is important to me as my wife died of lung cancer.

You are to be commended. We have a service similar for patients way up north in Maine and NH.

My son (when he was a paramedic) wanted to do flight evacs. But he was too tall and too heavy. I got to see one when I went to his work in Worcester and the 'copter was just landing.

But he always had the dream call in the back of his mind. There is a place about 15 minutes from where I live that is a major highway. There are six roads leading into the rotary. A lot of accidents happen there. He always wanted one to happen at 4:45 p.m. on a Friday and be serious enough so that he could have all traffic stopped 75 feet back while they waited for the helicopter to come and land. He almost got his dream fulfilled. But the 'copter was too far away so they used the ambulance. :angel:

Last edited:
Flightnursing would be fun, but too hectic for me. Like my l'il olds and the slower pace.

Thanks for providing a much needed service for patients.

;) Age has its limits.

PF, Mass General which is closely affiliated with the Dana Farber Cancer Research next door, has a heliport for special walking cancer patients that live way up north (Maine and northern NH) and can't afford the expense of living in Boston to receive their treatments. It is a great service. The cancer residence is mostly for patients that live outside of New England. Because most of the treatments are IV drips, it can take as long as eight hours. By the time they are done, the patient is in no condition to take on the long trip of a drive back home. Those Angel flights are a God send. :angel:

I think much of my exhaustion is in trying to keep track of DH. He wanders off with the cart, and most of my mileage is spent trying to find him. I even tried calling him from the meat section, his phone was off.

Next time go to the service desk and have him paged over the PA system. He will come flying back to your side. ;) And put a leash on him! :angel:

Last edited:
Next time go to the service desk and have him paged over the PA system. He will come flying back to your side. ;) And put a leash on him! :angel:

:LOL: Not a bad idea! I was thinking an ankle bracelet and GPS monitoring device.

Just got back from our closest Costco. What is it about that place? We're both exhausted. Came home with a bunch of necessities along with a WHOLE bunch of not-so-necessities. Had a great lunch of free samples, and DH got his beloved turkey provolone sandwich.

When BJ's was stocking their shelves prior to opening, I was given one section of one aisle to stock. (I was doing temp weekend jobs.) I thought I would never finish that area. Fortunately, I got a bad slice on my finger and instead of eight hours (that I got paid for) I only had to work five. And I was still on that dang aisle. Dang, those aisle are so long and so many of them. :angel:

I think much of my exhaustion is in trying to keep track of DH. He wanders off with the cart, and most of my mileage is spent trying to find him. I even tried calling him from the meat section, his phone was off.

That happens all the time when my daughters and I are shopping down in the city. Except it's me that wanders off. :D

Last edited:
Heh. This is the same guy who abandoned me at Walmart years ago when we were visiting Dad in Yuma, AZ. We'd walked over when it was light, and then he walked back to Dad's when it got dark. He forgot me. I kept having him paged, and finally found my way back in the dark. Needless to say, DH will never forget that! And nor should he.

Meeting by the rotisserie chicken sounds like a good idea!

Last edited:
When we go to Costco we agree to meet at the roasted chicken in the back of the store

I can shop much faster than Shrek, but he gets worried if he can't see me, so I do each aisle twice as he walks from the front to the back, then across the back and up the other broad aisle. I get my exercise running back and forth.

Heh. This is the same guy who abandoned me at Walmart years ago when we were visiting Dad in Yuma, AZ. We'd walked over when it was light, and then he walked back to Dad's when it got dark. He forgot me. I kept having him paged, and finally found my way back in the dark. Needless to say, DH will never forget that! And nor should he.

Meeting by the rotisserie chicken sounds like a good idea!

ROFL!!! A leash sounds just right! Shrek won't let me out of his sight. In Costco, I park him buy the books and go pick up my meds, then we shop. That way he knows where I am and I know where he is, he won't wander off from the books.

I always regret separating from Rob in a store, he can fill a cart better than anyone I know. We call Target the $100 store, we can't seem to leave without spending $100 :LOL:

I really need to keep him in check in the club stores, that stuff adds up quick!

Costco's chickens are seasoned and the breast meat is always moist and flavorful (as are the legs).

When SO and I get separated in a store she calls me on my cell.

I tried that. DH had his cellphone off. He also almost locked his keys in the car. Thankfully I caught that in time.

I have a feeling the solution may be separate cars, separate shopping carts.

Last edited:
Andy, Spike always get the leftover rotisserie MB chickens for Teddy. I only will get a thigh or leg for chicken salad. So for me, if it cold, that is fine by me. I never get a hot one because I hate the white breast meat on any bird. It would all go to waste. So what makes Costco's so special? Do they season theirs? :angel:

I think that it's mostly the price, they are similar in flavor to the ones at my store, but we charge $8.50 compared to $4.99 at costco for the same size.

Thing I like about rotisserie chickens is that they come to the store pre-brined so they are juicy even the breast is super juicy.

This evening I had dinner with my younger daughter at a certified Neapolitan pizza restaurant in Worcester, MA. We had a great conversation and enjoyed the meal as well.

Whenever we go to a large grocery store or Costco, if we might get separated, we make sure we both have our cell phones and that they are on.

Costco is exhausting if I bring Stirling. He doesn't go often, so he wants to see EVERYTHING.

Whenever we go to a large grocery store or Costco, if we might get separated, we make sure we both have our cell phones and that they are on.

Costco is exhausting if I bring Stirling. He doesn't go often, so he wants to see EVERYTHING.

Okay, you and Shrek go together and Stirling and I will go together, we'll meet at Buffalo Wild Wings in 4 hours.:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom