What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to plant the flowers I bought on Monday ... I am going to plant the flowers I bought on Monday ... I am going to plant the flowers I bought on Monday ... I am going to plant the flowers I bought on Monday ... I am going to plant the flowers I bought on Monday ... I am going to plant the flowers I bought on Monday ...

Is it your membership card too? Mine was and the picture was so much better in colour than the ugly B&W version that was on the membership card.

Yes it has the color picture and doubles as the membership card!

The main reason I got this is because with all of the security breaches from big companies, I'm just not comfortable using debit everywhere anymore. Sure you are protected, but things can get messy while you unravel the mess, and I'd rather not have my money tied up, let the credit card's money stay tied up! I had a Visa go on a trip around Mexico a few weeks ago, and one call took care of it, I got a new card a few days later, my personal money was never in limbo.

That's the one thing that kept me from Costco, Bj's takes all the major credit cards.

I am going to plant the flowers I bought on Monday ... I am going to plant the flowers I bought on Monday ... I am going to plant the flowers I bought on Monday ... I am going to plant the flowers I bought on Monday ... I am going to plant the flowers I bought on Monday ... I am going to plant the flowers I bought on Monday ...

Well, here it is Friday. How are those flowers doing? Did they ever get to meet the sweet dirt of Mother Earth?

I have been saying that I was going to feel better and get out in the kitchen to clean. Bless The Pirate. I managed to stay out of the kitchen. :angel:

I'm debating whether a small front-end loader will fit through my patio door so I could shovel out the kitchen rather than clean up following cooking "play" day...

It appears that this here is my last subscribed thread that had new posts, so my goof-off time is over. It's time I got back to packing into boxes all the things I've set aside over the months for my imminent garage sale. I could be on the MIA thread letting you all know I'm taking sabbatical until it's all over if I can't get crackin' on organizing and boxing all of This and THIS:

Attachments

• 2014-09-19 20.41.30.jpg
    2014-09-19 20.41.30.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 2014-09-19 20.47.39.jpg
    2014-09-19 20.47.39.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 175
Good Luck! I hope everything sells and you make a pretty profit. I just home you don't have to bring anything back into the basement. :angel:

i'm trying to decide on some recipes to make hot sauces out of my hot cherry peppers and ghost chiles.

i'm going to try making fruit specific hot sauces.

i think i'll try making one with hot cherry peppers, white wine vinegar, and peaches. another will be canteloupe or pineapple with the ghost chilis and apple cider vinegar.

i was also thinking of smoking then drying some of the ghost chilis to make my own "holy crap, these aren't regular chipotles". :furious:

Good Luck! I hope everything sells and you make a pretty profit. I just home you don't have to bring anything back into the basement. :angel:
Thanks Addie! All I need is enough for a Samsung Tablet like Himself has. Whenever we lgo on vacation I take a sack full of library books and magazines. Since I can read in a car I'm usually out of reading material by the time we get to FL! Even though I prefer the feel of a real book, I want to be able to get more once I run out of the books I've brought.

I, too, hope (most) everything is gone by the end of the sale. I'm doing something different. Instead of painstakingly trying to decide what to price everything, I'm going to put a poster outside the garage that will read "I hate to price/so here's the deal./ Make an offer/with appeal". Most sales, everyone dickers prices anyway. The few times someone asked a price before I had a chance to sticker something new they would offer at least what I was thinking of, sometimes more. This time I'll let ALL the buyers haggle!

I'm looking at this as "whatever I make, it's better than having to pay to have it hauled away someday". :LOL:

Now that is different. I definitely want to hear how it goes. I have the feeling that your sale is going to be a huge success. What you don't sell, put it out for trash. Someone will come along and take it for free. So don't be surprised to see strangers going through your trash. :angel:

Thanks Addie! All I need is enough for a Samsung Tablet like Himself has. Whenever we lgo on vacation I take a sack full of library books and magazines...

CG, if you're only going to use it for reading, consider a Kindle or Nook. They are much cheaper. I bought the basic Nook model for $79 less than two years ago.

CG, if you're only going to use it for reading, consider a Kindle or Nook. They are much cheaper. I bought the basic Nook model for $79 less than two years ago.

OTOH, the tablet is much more fun! When you have a wifi connection, you can log on to DC with the mobile app, plus many more things: check email, shop online, watch videos, listen to music while you read, Skype with the kids, find places to stay or eat, play games, check your banking and pay bills, etc. I love mine. I have the Samsung Galaxy.

Last edited:
Well, if you must know, I sliced the top of my finger off earlier this afternoon. It took more than 4 hours to get the bleeding to stop. Typing without that finger stinks. Of course it is on my hand that I use most. I was slicing lemons really thin for the simple syrup for Poppy Seed Bread for the Church Fair next Month. Everyone makes pumpkin bread for the fair. I am going to make something different this year. You can't go wrong with lemon. :angel:

Stop doing that Addie! Makes me cringe just thinking about it!! And with lemon juice, OWIE!!!

I'm taking cardiology quizzes on a medical site, not doing too bad for a non-cardiologist.

Stop doing that Addie! Makes me cringe just thinking about it!! And with lemon juice, OWIE!!!

I'm taking cardiology quizzes on a medical site, not doing too bad for a non-cardiologist.

The first thing I did was run warm water over it to make sure any juice bled out with the blood. Then I looked for the finger tip. Didn't find it. I would rather be doing what you are doing. :angel:

Thanks for the money-saving tip Andy, but I'll definitely be using it for more than book reading. I've used Himself's for streaming baseball games and find it buffers the feed better, resulting in no break in the audio.

OTOH, the tablet is much more fun!...I have the Samsung Galaxy.
Exactly GG. I figure I'll use it more like a larger-screened phone. Well, except the tablet doesn't make calls. *shrug* Neither do I. :LOL: Not much, anyway. I like Himself's Samsung Tab4 best after comparing it to all the many-sized tablets that reside at his sister's home. They have something resembling a small electronics store. :huh:

I find I have been going to my phone more and more for email, Facebook, most anything but secure things like banking and bill-pay. I feel more comfortable doing those things on the laptop - easier to hit the correct keys.

I love my tablet for traveling, so much easier to handle than a laptop. I like hooking it up to the TV in hotels and streaming Netflix, Pandora and such.

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Back
Top Bottom