What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depending on your phone, you might be able to set up a wireless hotspot. I do that so Stirling can surf the 'net with his tablet when we are out and there is no wifi. Actually, his tablet has a SIM card, but he only gets 150 meg of data/month. My phone has 1GB, which I never get near using up, so I don't mind sharing. My phone is a Samsung S3 and Stirling's tablet is some sort of Samsung.

We used to do that when we had Verizon unlimited taxy. Now with Ting we pay by metered usage. I pay bills before we leave for any vacation, have internet for low-security stuff while we're at the timeshare, and IF I absolutely have to do something secure online while we're in FL, we visit our niece and nephew-in-law in Orlando when we're down there. They secure their internet tighter than a drum, so if we need to we can use it.

I just changed the dressing on my finger for the fourth time. It finally stopped bleeding. I could feel the dressing pulling and the blood on the dressing was starting to dry into a scab. I really had that dressing on there to stay. I put some hydrocortisone cream on it before I put the new dressing on it. I will go to Winthrop on Monday to have them take a look at it and put a better dressing on it. Trying to put a dressing on a finger with just one hand and that hand is not your best hand, well it leaves you with a strange looking dressing. But that was easy compared to trying to type with one finger missing. Touch typing is just not working with that finger. First it hurts if I try to use that finger. Second, I manage to hit two or three keys with that one finger. Makes for some interesting words that I end up having to correct. :angel:

I just changed the dressing on my finger for the fourth time. It finally stopped bleeding. I could feel the dressing pulling and the blood on the dressing was starting to dry into a scab. I really had that dressing on there to stay. I put some hydrocortisone cream on it before I put the new dressing on it. I will go to Winthrop on Monday to have them take a look at it and put a better dressing on it. Trying to put a dressing on a finger with just one hand and that hand is not your best hand, well it leaves you with a strange looking dressing. But that was easy compared to trying to type with one finger missing. Touch typing is just not working with that finger. First it hurts if I try to use that finger. Second, I manage to hit two or three keys with that one finger. Makes for some interesting words that I end up having to correct. :angel:
I guess you tried to stop it bleeding by raising the finger up (so blood doesn't flow so readily to it) and holding the cut to help the blood clot? Hope you are not in pain. :ermm:

I guess you tried to stop it bleeding by raising the finger up (so blood doesn't flow so readily to it) and holding the cut to help the blood clot? Hope you are not in pain. :ermm:

No, just a lot of pressure. If I had tried that method, I would have blood running everywhere. Today, the pain has subsided and is feeling much better. :angel:

When my mother was a little girl she cut off the top of her finger and her dad held it in place until they got to the doctors and they were able to save it. It was off almost to the first knuckle.

When my mother was a little girl she cut off the top of her finger and her dad held it in place until they got to the doctors and they were able to save it. It was off almost to the first knuckle.

I used to have a tenant that whacked off her middle finger right at the middle knuckle with an axe when she was a child. Every time she would give someone the finger, it was the silliest thing to see. But the looks on the intended victim was the best. Did they really see what they thought they saw? She would make like she was scratching her cheek with her middle finger while her other fingers were folded back. If anyone took offense, she would accuse them of making fun of her disability. How quickly they would back down. :angel:

Last edited:
I am trying to download all my pictures from the cruise, unpack (I slept almost all of yesterday thanks to the cold I got on our last excursion), do laundry and make a grocery list; however, Violet is needing my full attention as our neighbour is spray painting our fence and the breaker keeps blowing. This for some reason really bothers Violet. I can't find her thunder shirt so she is just staying as close to me as she can - my poor baby.

Thanks, ladies. Yes, this cruise was the best thing to happen to us in a long long time. We will have memories (mostly good a few not so much but are now kinda funny), to last our lifetimes. I am hoping to share a bit and pictures as soon as I am awake enough to do it!

I think my favourite part was travelling through Tracy Arm and seeing the glacier there. It was so beautiful and peaceful.

Right now I am enjoying a nice chai latte and going through pictures. I can't remember taking this many, but I am not complaining! :LOL:

Glad you guys had a great time. A relaxing vacation makes a big difference in your attitude and generally how you feel.

I'm working on a client's 2008-2013 tax returns. She has professional income. She wasn't very good at organizing some of the info. Sigh.

Thanks, ladies. Yes, this cruise was the best thing to happen to us in a long long time. We will have memories (mostly good a few not so much but are now kinda funny), to last our lifetimes. I am hoping to share a bit and pictures as soon as I am awake enough to do it!

I think my favourite part was travelling through Tracy Arm and seeing the glacier there. It was so beautiful and peaceful.

Right now I am enjoying a nice chai latte and going through pictures. I can't remember taking this many, but I am not complaining! :LOL:

There will be a big audience for your photos, LP.

Do you remember when we used to take the rolls of film to the drugstore and wait a week for them? And the horror of finding that some of them didn't even come out - - -

Lizzie, that is what prompted me to buy my first digital camera. I took probably 10 rolls of film at my brother's and then my cousin's weddings and NONE of the pictures turned out. Then I took a photography class in order to learn how to use it ;)

...Yes, this cruise was the best thing to happen to us in a long long time...I think my favourite part was travelling through Tracy Arm and seeing the glacier there. It was so beautiful and peaceful.

Welcome back LP. Sounds like it was wonderful for the most part. At least you found the humor in the tough spots. Can't wait to see the pics - have fun vacationing all over again each time you look at them.

I've taken a lot of pictures in the past 60 years and I can say without hesitation that the best thing to happen to photography is the replacement of film with digital photography.

Gone are the days of buying and carrying your favorite films, sending or taking them for development then waiting for them to be developed/printed. Hesitating to take too many pictures for fear you wouldn't have enough film is gone forever. The cost of buying and developing the film could get prohibitive. If you wanted larger prints, that cost extra.

Now you don't have to be a darkroom genius with thousands of dollars in equipment to make a great photo.

Things have changed so much that most pictures aren't even taken with a dedicated camera anymore. Cell phones rule.

Last edited:
I'm working on a client's 2008-2013 tax returns. She has professional income. She wasn't very good at organizing some of the info. Sigh.

You have my sympathy. I have worked with so many professionals that are totally disorganized. They haven't got a clue. They depend on others to straighten out their life so they can screw it up again. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom