What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulating myself. Been to weigh in tonight and I've lot 2lbs. Just right, I think. Too much too quick and the skin can't keep up. I'd rather be fat than wrinkly.

I'm aiming to lose 14 lbs and then I will be "reviewing the situation", as the song says.

A coupe of months and you won't recognise me.

Good for you, Mad Cook!

I'm picking apples from our extremely prolific tree that was supposed to take a break this year, but apparently didn't read the memo. The tree is very tall, so I use a jerry-rigged apple picker with an extension pole that I duct-taped on. Later, DH then gets to use the ladder plus picker. We've already targeted our apple recipient victims, bwahhaha!

unless you spray your trees, it's always a good idea to eat an apple with a knife.

finding a worm in your apple by using a knife is much better than finding half a worm without one.

I would happily gift apples to anyone who wants them! Especially if you come and pick them! We don't spray, and they aren't pretty, but they're some of the best eating/baking/cooking apples I've ever had. No idea what kind they are. I still have apple butter and apple sauce from last year, was sure hoping for a reprieve this year.

I've taken a lot of pictures in the past 60 years and I can say without hesitation that the best thing to happen to photography is the replacement of film with digital photography.

Gone are the days of buying and carrying your favorite films, sending or taking them for development then waiting for them to be developed/printed. Hesitating to take too many pictures for fear you wouldn't have enough film is gone forever. The cost of buying and developing the film could get prohibitive. If you wanted larger prints, that cost extra.

Now you don't have to be a darkroom genius with thousands of dollars in equipment to make a great photo.

Things have changed so much that most pictures aren't even taken with a dedicated camera anymore. Cell phones rule.

Well said! It could get really expensive taking pics with film. Hard to believe it wasn't all that long ago. :ermm::ohmy: I have a digital camera, but my cell phone is always nearby and takes pretty darn good pics.

I would happily gift apples to anyone who wants them! Especially if you come and pick them! We don't spray, and they aren't pretty, but they're some of the best eating/baking/cooking apples I've ever had. No idea what kind they are. I still have apple butter and apple sauce from last year, was sure hoping for a reprieve this year.

Sure does sound good. I love fresh picked apples, they are the best. There are a couple of orchards up in the hills not far from here and now that apple season is approaching, I can't wait to take my grandson there for the u-picks. :)

...I'm picking apples from our extremely prolific tree that was supposed to take a break this year... We've already targeted our apple recipient victims, bwahhaha!
Someone must have crossed that tree with a rabbit. :ermm: I wish we lived closer together so you could leave a bag of flaming...red apples on my porch. Or I could drive over. Not gonna happen.

After fighting with an oncoming cold for a few days, the cold won. :( After drinking mulled apple cider all day, I'm finishing off the last cup with a generous pour of rum. Yum.

Someone must have crossed that tree with a rabbit. :ermm: I wish we lived closer together so you could leave a bag of flaming...red apples on my porch. Or I could drive over. Not gonna happen.

After fighting with an oncoming cold for a few days, the cold won. :( After drinking mulled apple cider all day, I'm finishing off the last cup with a generous pour of rum. Yum.

I have two friends "up" the valley and one "down" who all have apple orchards. I have enough apples to start my own market. :rolleyes:

It's 10pm and I'm listening to a totally incomprehensible programme on the radio about maths and nursing a hot water bottle. I am absolutely frozen hence the hot water bottle. I refuse to turn on the central heating before October when it's perfectly warm outside. I blame double glazed windows and insulation. In the summer when the outdoor temp was in the 70s, I had to wear a thick woolly sweater in the house!

My old house was in a Victorian terrace. It was lovely and warm and cost peanuts to heat.

It's 10pm and I'm listening to a totally incomprehensible programme on the radio about maths and nursing a hot water bottle. I am absolutely frozen hence the hot water bottle. I refuse to turn on the central heating before October when it's perfectly warm outside. I blame double glazed windows and insulation. In the summer when the outdoor temp was in the 70s, I had to wear a thick woolly sweater in the house!

My old house was in a Victorian terrace. It was lovely and warm and cost peanuts to heat.

:wacko: And you left that lovely Victorian home because? :angel:

Today I found a folded £5 note on the floor of a supermarket. There was no-one nearby, i.e. that might have lost it. I picked it up and partly considered handing it in but didn't trust staff to be honest, i.e. not to pocket it so I kept it. Do you think this belief was accurate or cynical?

What would you have done?

Today I found a folded £5 note on the floor of a supermarket. There was no-one nearby, i.e. that might have lost it. I picked it up and partly considered handing it in but didn't trust staff to be honest, i.e. not to pocket it so I kept it. Do you think this belief was accurate or cynical?

If I came across it and it looked hopelessly lost to me I would have picked it up and kept it.

If I thought I could reunite it with it's rightful owner I would do that.

If I was having qualms about it then I would toss it into a donation kettle for some worthwhile cause.

If I was not having qualms about it I would treat it as a sign from above and spend it on some small treat.

For me the answer is never the same, I just muddle along doing what feels right at the time! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Aunt Bea - I like your attitude! Balanced and adaptable. You seem to apply intuition too (which I also do). ;)

Kept it! I once was in the bank and the woman in front of me dropped a $100.00 bill. I did tap her on the shoulder and gave it back to her. She couldn't thank me enough. She was putting it into her checking account to cover the check she wrote for groceries for the kids she had at her side.

Another time I found a $10.00 bill on the sidewalk. I kept it. No one around, why not. I found it just before Christmas and was pregnant with my 4th child. It went toward Christmas dinner. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom