What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations, bakechef and Rob! May you both have a long lifetime together filled with joy and happiness. :wub:

Well, I am back from a date.

I haven't been on a date for something like 9 years.

And I don't mind saying, I was more than a tad nervous!

But "P" sent me an unexpected PM on Facebook a couple of days ago (we met two years ago at my dad's funeral). And he asked me out.

He was a perfect gentleman. He was also funny and intelligent and attentive.

Pretty good date I'd say! :)

well-a, well-a, well-a, uh!
tell me more, tell me more
did you get very far?
tell me more, tell me more
like does he have a car?

Thanks PF! (The voice of culture here this evening!)

And for those of a less sophisticated persuasion, there was a kiss (okay two kisses). :angel:

And we are meeting again next weekend for a meal. :wub:

everyone is welcome for me having to ask...

so, have you thought about what you're going to wear next weekend?

i'm just teasin' ya, mrs.. (won't be long now, eh?)

here's wishin' you all the the best with mr. p.

he needs a better name.

...our mother (now 94) had another fall. She has broken her hip bone. They are operating on her tomorrow (which surprised me, given her age) by pinning the bone. They say she has a 1 in 10 chance of dying (to not operate would make her bedridden which she would find intolerable plus bleak prospects further down the line).She should be able to walk within the next few weeks if it is a success...
Sorry to hear this creative. My aunt was 90 when she did the same. She recovered and didn't need to use a walker for years after her rehab was over. Very grateful that she DID have quite a few year after her fall too. ~ Thoughts and prayers for you that your mom has the same successful results.

I haven't been on a date for something like 9 years.

And I don't mind saying, I was more than a tad nervous!

But "P" sent me an unexpected PM on Facebook a couple of days ago (we met two years ago at my dad's funeral). And he asked me out.

He was a perfect gentleman. He was also funny and intelligent and attentive.

Pretty good date I'd say! :)

Think it will lead to a second date? Inquiring minds want to know! :angel:

Thanks PF! (The voice of culture here this evening!)

And for those of a less sophisticated persuasion, there was a kiss (okay two kisses). :angel:

And we are meeting again next weekend for a meal.

There won't be any "Mrs" going on! (Though funnily enough Mr P and I share the same surname already!) :cool:

OOOOOO, Katie has a boyfriend! :wub: Glad to hear it went well.

My Mom decided she was going to marry my Dad before she even met him. He was walking down the street. When he walked by, she said to a friend "I want to marry that man". Her friend said "you know who he is, don't you?" When Mom said no her friend replied "that's your friend Sophia's big brother!" :ermm: Almost-wasn't Aunt Sophie was keeping secrets. :LOL: They met, and they were married in less than a year. Married for just over 50 years before my Dad died.

You met Mr. P 2 years ago? What's taking so long? ;)

Back
Top Bottom