What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have finally found a hair style that is easy to look after....basically I don't have to do anything to it if I don't want. Which is good when my arms are hurting. I need to go for a trim this week. As for colour, I have earned these grey hairs and wear them with pride! :LOL:

I am tidying up the house tonight, or should I say I am kid-proofing it! ;) The young Mom is coming with her son for lunch tomorrow and TB has been working on his Halloween light show in the living room so there are lots of things tempting for a curious three year old boy. Last time he was here he looked up on the wall in the laundry area and said "is that key for Tony's room? Is it locked so I can't get in there? Can I go in there please?" Kids! :wacko::D

I'm sorry, Addie, but that is not true. HIPAA (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) provides that medical personnel may communicate medical information only to people specifically designated by the patient in writing in advance. The penalty for violating the act is up to a $10,000 fine and one year in prison.

When I worked at the medical school, all employees - including me, and I had no contact with patients or protected health information - were required to take HIPAA training. Medical facilities take it very seriously. I'm surprised they left your chart in your room. Most large facilities, and even smaller ones, are using electronic medical records now, in part to comply with HIPAA.

My complete medical records are on line and I have access along with my medical proxy. The rules may have changed since your past employment. So are Spike's. I just had blood work done yesterday. I should be able to review the results by Friday. And I will. :angel:

Last edited:
Yeah, the idea that all those medical records are now online so other people an access them makes me just a bit nervous. Now the NSA will know my latest bloodwork tests. :ohmy: Thankfully, my glucose and cholesterol numbers were good! :w00t:

I'm heading out to give our wild-child boxwood shrub a haircut. If I don't get to it soon the mail carrier will have problems finding our mailbox. The new guy doesn't need anything more to confuse him. I just wish he'd get a better command of numbers. :glare: At least all of us neighbors are having more opportunities to visit!

My complete medical records are on line and I have access along with my medical proxy. The rules may have changed since your past employment. So are Spike's. I just had blood work done yesterday. I should be able to review the results by Friday. And I will. :angel:

I was referring to where you said that you and your son were reading your chart in your hospital room. The HIPAA law has not gotten less strict with respect to the release of medical information.

I was in an outpatient clinic for medical treatment today. Here is what a medical "chart" looks like here. If you don't have a hospital login and password, you can't read it.

Attachments

• 1413403326057.jpg
    1413403326057.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 159
I was in an outpatient clinic for medical treatment today. Here is what a medical "chart" looks like here. If you don't have a hospital login and password, you can't read it.

When I visit my doctor, he comes into the examining room with a laptop. No manila folders full of papers anymore.

It's very convenient. If I need a Rx, he just clicks a few buttons and it's on the way to the pharmacy or to the printer in the next room.

Last edited:
In my local NHS hospital - here in UK - they had both, i.e. written records and ones on computers.

When I visit my doctor, he comes into the examining room with a laptop. No manila folders full of papers anymore.

It's very convenient. If I need a Rx, he just clicks a few buttons and it's on the way to the pharmacy or to the printer in the next room.

Same with my Doctor. I also have a code that allows me to access my charts, records, test results, etc... from my home computer.

Even the little country hospital that my dad was in up in Maine has those rolling computers, I haven't seen paper ones in quite a while.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

besides protecting the rights of the patients, hospitals don't want anyone getting too much info about their testing and treatments for whatever is afflicting the patient because of malpractice suits.

i remember that i wanted to videotape the birth of my son, but that is a big no no in case something gpes wrong.

but the same applies even for charts. no pics, no video of any treatment or operation. unless authorized.

Until the law was changed some years ago Doctors over here were not allowed to show the patients his/her own documents. I suspect that the change came about when records went onto computer. On one of my very rare visits to my doctor around that time he showed me my (very thin) manila document case with everything going back to birth. He also used to show me the computer screen he was working from when I attended after that.

There are sometimes malpractice suits here but not as many as in the USA. Doctors do have insurance but I think most cases are handled by the NHS which is the Doc's employer unless he's in private practice in which case he's on his own.

Last edited:
besides protecting the rights of the patients, hospitals don't want anyone getting too much info about their testing and treatments for whatever is afflicting the patient because of malpractice suits.

i remember that i wanted to videotape the birth of my son, but that is a big no no in case something gpes wrong.

but the same applies even for charts. no pics, no video of any treatment or operation. unless authorized.

Unfortunately, a picture worth a thousand words can also be worth a thousand lies.

Just got done hanging out the sheets to dry. It's a bit foggy yet but hopefully the sun will come out later this morning. It reminds me of when I lived at home and helped my mother on wash day (every Monday). We had a wringer type washer and no dryer. She never did have a one and never wanted one.

Feeling a bit in a slump because we just finished the last of the tasks that spell the end of summer. Glenn and I finally cleaned, treated and covered the pool for the season this morning. Boo, hiss! So sad! That was the last of the outdoor "putting away" for our summer.

On Monday I washed, dried and stored away the last of our 6 hummingbird feeders. Our little trusty scout left, probably, over the weekend so it was time to close down the food bar. He'll be back on tax day like he always is.

I can't be too blue because today is a blissfully beautiful day. Sunny, warm and gloriously clear. Almost a crisp autumn day....

I am (figuratively) tearing my hair out trying to put together a website for my crochet items. I was a web developer/designer for over 10 years, taught it to others AND had some high-end clients with sophisticated sites. TB and his partners programmed data-base sites while I did the design and graphics.

So, why am I having so much trouble with this little site? Because it is one of these drop and drag template sites that are supposed to be user friendly and no experience needed.

It is sort of like watching a four year-old open a child top cap you have been struggling with for several minutes.

:ermm::ROFLMAO:

I think I am going to scrap the template and start from scratch. I will still use some of their elements, but the things I don't want won't get in the way.

Sitting here at the computer and watching a woodpecker feeding from a tree in our back yard. Looks like he or she is getting quite a meal.

Back
Top Bottom