"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-12-2013, 04:02 AM   #10811
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
First day back to work for me today after 30 days off. I only worked 5 hours with 2 breaks. It felt good to get back to work, slow going though.

I'm ready to go out & do something tonight. Dh is so exhausted after working 30, 16 hour days in a row, he is so exhausted. I'm feeling guilty so maybe I should cook.
If you feel up to it after working, try to pamper him for a change. A nice back rub will do wonders for his exhaustion. And it sure won't hurt your marriage and relationship. Concentrate on the shoulders and the back of his neck. That is where the tension builds up. Don't be surprised if he falls asleep in the middle of it. A hot shower (maybe for the two of you together) and then a back rub for him.

Just a thought. Would it make it easier for him if you showed up at his busiest time and then put in your five hours? Don't make the mistake of pushing yourself too hard. You still need time to get back to your regular hours. I am glad that you took those two breaks. They will be needed for a month or two, regardless of how good you feel. I am so happy to hear that you are doing well and taking it slow. Keep up the good work.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:08 AM   #10812
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Thanks Ads

I think it was caused by the job I had at the time, lots of repetitive movements with my left arm over a 2 year period. I just woke up one morning and couldnt go to work as I couldnt move my arm at all It all started with a frozen shoulder
Cashiers, accountants, and folks who use just one part of their body for a long period of time run into that problem. Folks who work with figures all day long on a keypad damage their fingers and wrist. Cashiers damage their wrists because of the constant waving the bar code over the reader. And it usually their right wrist. Repetitive work damage to the body is a very serious problem in the working world.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:48 AM   #10813
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Hunh? Does it clip on to the side of the computer?
A dongle is a miniature USB radio receiver, about 1/8 the length of a flash drive. I have a Logitech mouse and numeric keypad which communicate with my laptop through a single dongle. Because both the mouse and numeric keypad each have an on / off switch, I can turn off these devices when the laptop is not in use. Consequently, I have not yet had to replace the single AA cell battery that has powered each of them since March 2011.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #10814
Executive Chef

The little town I live in has 5 museums that are all open free to local residents every Sunday. I have been concentrating on one, an architecturally significant house/museum that my builder recommended I study, and today I will move onto a different museum.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #10815
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
The little town I live in has 5 museums that are all open free to local residents every Sunday. I have been concentrating on one, an architecturally significant house/museum that my builder recommended I study, and today I will move onto a different museum.

oh well, my builder seems to be working today so I think it is in my best interest to stay home and be available to answer his questions...ground breaking is predicted to be in 2 to 3 weeks..
Old 05-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #10816
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
I love to go to museums too. My DH had never been to one but this year when we were in Denver, Co. he reluctantly went in to the Denver Art Museum with the rest of us. Well, he loved it, it was hard to get him to leave.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #10817
Certified Pretend Chef

I'm sitting here watching the Red Sox while SO is out working in her garden. I hope she is never forced to decide between her garden and me. I'd be the loser. She really loves working out there. As a result, her Mothers Day gift was easy. I bought her a hydrangea bush. It's one of her favorites.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #10818
Chef Extraordinaire

I've had the Jesse Stone series on TV all day.
Pretty lazy day.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #10819
Chef Extraordinaire

I have not been up long and it is really cold here this morning

I have got a few things to get from the shops, then going to drop by and see mum, then the rest of the day relaxing at home, lovely cold day to do so
Old 05-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #10820
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by justplainbill View Post
A dongle is a miniature USB radio receiver, about 1/8 the length of a flash drive. I have a Logitech mouse and numeric keypad which communicate with my laptop through a single dongle. Because both the mouse and numeric keypad each have an on / off switch, I can turn off these devices when the laptop is not in use. Consequently, I have not yet had to replace the single AA cell battery that has powered each of them since March 2011.
But, I don't understand why that doesn't dangle.