"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #10841
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Sounds great! When you are fully reclined and the doorbell rings, you'll be painfully aware of how long it takes to get out of the recliner.
No problem .. we got that covered .. ordered up a sign for the front door that says by appointment only unless you have bacon

This is not the color we have coming .. our color is a creamy coffee color. You can see how nicely it reclines when fully extended, and the loveseat picture shows how incremental it will go ... it's so comfy !

Old 05-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #10842
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post

No problem .. we got that covered .. ordered up a sign for the front door that says by appointment only unless you have bacon

This is not the color we have coming .. our color is a creamy coffee color. You can see how nicely it reclines when fully extended, and the loveseat picture shows how incremental it will go ... it's so comfy !
That looks soooo comfortable! Nice, MrsLMB!

Old 05-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #10843
Executive Chef

ooh yes, i can picture sinking into that cushy sofa for a spell....you're going to love it, mrslmb! :)
Old 05-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #10844
Chef Extraordinaire

Looks lovely Mrs L....ours go right back like that too...it is like you are in bed, they are great
Old 05-14-2013, 05:28 AM   #10845
Chef Extraordinaire

I took mum to the doctors this afternoon and went in with her. Her ankle had really swollen and the doctor said that she has a strained ligament, so he bandaged it up and told her to take some Mobic to get the inflammation down. If it is still sore and swollen by Friday he will set up some x-rays in case it is the bone
Old 05-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #10846
Chef Extraordinaire

Nice recliner. I'll bring the bacon.

I'm putting a new hard drive in my work computer. I noticed a Win 7 disc came with it, so I'm installing Win 7 instead of XP Pro. I'm hoping it will fix my "windows compatibilty issue" that I have here on that pc.
I'm guessing I'm at 25% installed now... I hate waiting for that stuff. You never know when to be there to press Enter or not.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #10847
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
I took mum to the doctors this afternoon and went in with her. Her ankle had really swollen and the doctor said that she has a strained ligament, so he bandaged it up and told her to take some Mobic to get the inflammation down. If it is still sore and swollen by Friday he will set up some x-rays in case it is the bone

i hope your mum's ankle is not broken, and begins to feel better real soon, kylie. i'm curious to know the reason for the wait on the x-rays. in the u.s. x-rays would be taken immediately in most cases where a fracture is suspected as a possibility.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #10848
Chef Extraordinaire

Hi, Vit. I think it's actually a better practice to wait for an x-ray, unless the doctor can feel or see an obvious break. I fell in January and went the next day to an urgent care center, where the doctor did an x-ray. He said it was strained ligaments because the x-ray didn't show a break. A week or so later I was in my regular doctor's office for another reason and told him my foot still hurt and was swollen. He ordered another x-ray, which showed a tiny hairline fracture. Turns out, many times, a small fracture doesn't show up till you've walked on it for a while. The treatment was no different - one of those "boot" things that keeps your foot from flexing. So it might make sense to hold off on the x-ray if it's not obviously broken during the initial visit.

Just a guess Kylie may have a different explanation. But that's one of those things that increases the cost of health care - too much possibly unnecessary testing.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #10849
Executive Chef

wistfully reading about recliners, for two reasons. I brought out some very comfortable living room furniture from Ohio, but of course it is in my storage unit. My furnished tiny apartment has a small table with two wooden chairs, one of which I am currently occupying. I just returned from my weekly Tuesday morning hike with a group of women. It was a very strenuous hike and a comfortable chair would be heaven. Think I am heading for the bed and a nap.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #10850
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
wistfully reading about recliners, for two reasons. I brought out some very comfortable living room furniture from Ohio, but of course it is in my storage unit. My furnished tiny apartment has a small table with two wooden chairs, one of which I am currently occupying. I just returned from my weekly Tuesday morning hike with a group of women. It was a very strenuous hike and a comfortable chair would be heaven. Think I am heading for the bed and a nap.
I have a studio apartment. And my youngest son bought me a chair with just enough seat depth so that my feet hit the floor. But always thinking of his mom, he also bought me the footstool. But my apartment is just big enough that I too have a table with two dropleafs and when completely closed, the table is only ten inches wide. The support legs swing from closed to support one or both leaves. It is an old Colonial design.