What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems every time my DH uses the pepper shaker he starts to sneeze, so I decided to put the salt and pepper in the same shaker. I used 3 part salt to 1 part pepper. Well, it works out great for him. He used it last night for supper and said what a great idea.

Great idea for picnics and camping!

If you enjoy spicy foods try adding some cayenne to the mixture.

Two a.m. and I am sitting here cursing. I have two pair of reading glasses. One stays at the computer, and the other in my purse. The one at the computer has been damaged by one of my sons. I don't know which one though. Either a cigarette landed on one of the nose pieces or it was a large spark. The nose piece has melted. It is a good thing I have a second pair.

When I recently got new lens for infinity, I also was supposed to get new reading glasses. They are a tad stronger than what I have now. I decided to wait on it. I am not crazy about the choices I have for frames. The ones that have been damaged are the ones they made an error in the lens. So they had to give me a new pair. Those are the ones in my purse. Those I can read the smallest print there is. The damaged ones I can't but are perfect for the computer. So it looks like I am going to go for a new pair. Then the ones in my purse will come over to the computer and the new glasses will go into my purse. Right now I am not in a friendly mood. :angel:

Two a.m. and I am sitting here cursing. I have two pair of reading glasses. One stays at the computer, and the other in my purse. The one at the computer has been damaged by one of my sons. I don't know which one though. Either a cigarette landed on one of the nose pieces or it was a large spark. The nose piece has melted. It is a good thing I have a second pair.

When I recently got new lens for infinity, I also was supposed to get new reading glasses. They are a tad stronger than what I have now. I decided to wait on it. I am not crazy about the choices I have for frames. The ones that have been damaged are the ones they made an error in the lens. So they had to give me a new pair. Those are the ones in my purse. Those I can read the smallest print there is. The damaged ones I can't but are perfect for the computer. So it looks like I am going to go for a new pair. Then the ones in my purse will come over to the computer and the new glasses will go into my purse. Right now I am not in a friendly mood. :angel:

The little pieces that adjust to your nose can be replaced on most eye glasses.

I had to have mine done this summer, no charge.

Check with your eye guy or gal.

The little pieces that adjust to your nose can be replaced on most eye glasses.

I had to have mine done this summer, no charge.

Check with your eye guy or gal.

Thanks Aunt Bea. I will. I have to get a new pair of reading glasses any way, so I just may toss these and get the new ones. I have the 'script for them. That way I can use my other pair which are better than the burnt ones and use the new ones for my purse to read when I am not at home. I am fortunate in that I don't have to pay anything for any medical problem such as this. :angel:

It seems every time my DH uses the pepper shaker he starts to sneeze, so I decided to put the salt and pepper in the same shaker. I used 3 part salt to 1 part pepper. Well, it works out great for him. He used it last night for supper and said what a great idea.

One time we were at a wedding and the lighting was rather low. I like pepper on my food. I was shaking the pepper on and I said "There's no pepper coming out of this." My son replied "Yes there is!" I just couldn't see it! Finally I started sneezing like crazy, so I knew the pepper was there. Lucky for me, I like a lot of pepper.

Salt and Pepper was always in short supply in our work lunchroom. I bought a little salt and pepper shaker at Dicks in the camping section and carried it in my purse. Salt on one side, pepper on the other. You just screwed the cap off the side you wanted. I even took that to the hospital with me because they never give me salt. I know, they have a reason for not giving me salt! But they gave me eggbeaters and I just can't eat them without salt!

Clocks went back last night for the winter (do yours do that?). It's 4.20 in the afternoon and I've had to put the light on in the sitting room! Grr!

One time we were at a wedding and the lighting was rather low. I like pepper on my food. I was shaking the pepper on and I said "There's no pepper coming out of this." My son replied "Yes there is!" I just couldn't see it! Finally I started sneezing like crazy, so I knew the pepper was there. Lucky for me, I like a lot of pepper.

Salt and Pepper was always in short supply in our work lunchroom. I bought a little salt and pepper shaker at Dicks in the camping section and carried it in my purse. Salt on one side, pepper on the other. You just screwed the cap off the side you wanted. I even took that to the hospital with me because they never give me salt. I know, they have a reason for not giving me salt! But they gave me eggbeaters and I just can't eat them without salt!

I have two small plastic containers. One has a mix of salt and pepper, and the other has sugar. Two items I never receive when I am in the hospital. I need the sugar for my coffee. They give me Equal or some other substitute and a phony salt. Both the sugar substitute and salt one leave a metallic taste in my mouth for hours after I eat. :mad: I use both at home so I see no reason I shouldn't use them elsewhere. :angel:

4:20!? Time to light up, not lights on. :ROFLMAO:

We turn our clocks back November 2nd.

Thanks Andy. She had me scared there for a second. My computer is the same time as my wall clock, and I know my computer adjusts automatically. I wondered if I missed something somehow. :angel:

It's an absolutely gorgeous fall day here along the Mississippi. I'm dehydrating pumpkin pie jerky, and have a pot of rotisserie chicken carcass and veggies simmering on the stove for stock. I picked some more of my extremely prolific lemon balm to dry for tea, along with some late hyssop. The hyssop has a nice licorice smell. I decided to dig and pot up the parsley, along with potting up a small container of chives and thyme to overwinter in the house.

I bought two Costco rotisserie chickens, stripped the breast meat off both for Shrek, some dark meat for myself. The rest into a pot with carrots, celery seed, onions and pepper to boil into stock. Just got done picking extra meat off the boiled bones and am now reducing the stock. I'm hoping for 4 cups of reduced stock. The picked meat I will chop and return to the stock. Have a bag of dried mushrooms I want to turn into soup with the stock and some rice.

I got a start on cleaning the garage. Years ago I nailed up many hanging strips and hooks for rakes, shovels and such, and everything was nice and orderly. DH apparently didn't take the hint or read the memo, and over the years has strewn all the tools and implements all over the garage to the point that everything is a tripping hazard. This year, he had the audacity to state that there's no room to store the garden hoses as the garage is too full. He should be extremely grateful that he can still walk :angel:

I got a start on cleaning the garage. Years ago I nailed up many hanging strips and hooks for rakes, shovels and such, and everything was nice and orderly. DH apparently didn't take the hint or read the memo, and over the years has strewn all the tools and implements all over the garage to the point that everything is a tripping hazard. This year, he had the audacity to state that there's no room to store the garden hoses as the garage is too full. He should be extremely grateful that he can still walk :angel:

Have you tried to label the hooks as to what hangs where and then paint footsteps leading to that wall? Or you could ban him from the garage! :angel:

Dawg, you should take a photo of the proper arrangement, print the photo, and tack it on the wall/stud next to the rack. No excuses then!

Well, it must have been garage-cleaning-day in two states. My car was in getting a new pair of shoes (tires) so we have two good sets on my Sally before we head on vacation next month. With just Himself's car in the middle of the garage, I can back it out to the driveway and have a car-free zone to sweep and move things around in. Got some firewood stacked properly, moved the Christmas decorations to a better spot, Himself bungee corded the sun room screens to the studs in the garage. Everything in its place. Let the snow fly! Just wait until Thanksgiving or so. Boy, am I sore tonight.

Dawg, you should take a photo of the proper arrangement, print the photo, and tack it on the wall/stud next to the rack. No excuses then!

Well, it must have been garage-cleaning-day in two states. My car was in getting a new pair of shoes (tires) so we have two good sets on my Sally before we head on vacation next month. With just Himself's car in the middle of the garage, I can back it out to the driveway and have a car-free zone to sweep and move things around in. Got some firewood stacked properly, moved the Christmas decorations to a better spot, Himself bungee corded the sun room screens to the studs in the garage. Everything in its place. Let the snow fly! Just wait until Thanksgiving or so. Boy, am I sore tonight.

I wish the both of you would send some of the excess energy over this way. The only time I get like that is if I take two Vicodin at the same time. Then I want to put a new roof on the building and cover up the brick walls with shingles. :angel:

It's not that I have any energy Addie. I'm just pushing through it because it has to get done.

Which is what I did for three hours of yard work today. Finally hacked back the boxwood that was hiding the mailbox. Started to clean out the day lily bed. After I'm done with my alcohol rubdown (a glass of Godiva chocolate liqueur and half-and-half) I'll be heading to bed. Only to spend another three hours in the yard, weather permitting. Then it can snow so I don't see anything else that needs tending to. :LOL:

It's not that I have any energy Addie. I'm just pushing through it because it has to get done.

Which is what I did for three hours of yard work today. Finally hacked back the boxwood that was hiding the mailbox. Started to clean out the day lily bed. After I'm done with my alcohol rubdown (a glass of Godiva chocolate liqueur and half-and-half) I'll be heading to bed. Only to spend another three hours in the yard, weather permitting. Then it can snow so I don't see anything else that needs tending to. :LOL:

The Godiva liqueur gave me a flashback!

Try Making a Peppermint patty!

One packet of instant hot chocolate prepared according to the package directions.
two shots of Godiva chocolate liqueur
two shots of Rumple Minze peppermint schnapps

Decorate with whipped cream and a candy cane stirrer.

Makes two servings share it with a friend, or not!

Then relax and let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!

I have been batting down the hatches or however that saying goes! No, the storm missed us but the tornadoes known as the kids are coming over tomorrow for a few hours while their Mom is at a course. They are both sick (same thing as me so we are all good on the contagion front) and can't go to their daycare so I will have them.

I have lined up several movies, hot dogs for lunch, "sparkle juice" (the fun name I gave to orange juice diluted with sparkling water), popcorn and we are going to throw pillows and sleeping bags on the living room floor and veg until their Mom gets here!

Right now I am going to bed to hopefully have a restful sleep so I am ready for them! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom