"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #10871
Chef Extraordinaire

I sure do like the sound of that Ads...I must admit, I do try to stretch out my b/day as much as possible

Steve and I go out for a dinner, just the 2 of us on my actual b/day, the night before or after my b/day mum always cooks us a lovely birthday dinner too

So 2 nice meals and 2 lots of great presents...so love birthdays

Old 05-17-2013, 06:21 AM   #10872
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
I sure do like the sound of that Ads...I must admit, I do try to stretch out my b/day as much as possible

Steve and I go out for a dinner, just the 2 of us on my actual b/day, the night before or after my b/day mum always cooks us a lovely birthday dinner too

So 2 nice meals and 2 lots of great presents...so love birthdays
The secret is to tell everyone that it is your birthday week! You have to try for a five day celebration.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #10873
Chef Extraordinaire

I will get onto that Ads for sure, the longer the better

Getting older each year, may as well really enjoy it
Old 05-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #10874
Chef Extraordinaire

Yesterday our temp was 80F. Today it is down to 57F. I had the windows wide open. I am trying to get ready to take a shower. but a really chilly breeze came through and now I am freezing. So much to my dismay, I had to bring the windows down to a crack. I hate to have to close them after this past winter. And as I sit here there is still a strong breeze coming in. So it looks like the windows get closed all the way until after the shower.
Dang! Summer can't come fast enough for me.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #10875
Executive Chef

here we go...once again i'm getting email offers from rifle ranges. i still think 'living socials' keeps sending me mail intended for pacanis. today's offer, 'feel the gun, see the break, smell the powder.' it comes from an outfit called 'flying rabbit sporting clays', and boasts a bonus 'log station wobble trap'. what in god's bunny heaven is a wobble trap, anyhow?! and there's no wine tasting this time either, to make all of this bunny hunting even more alluring (read palatable)....pac, this can all be yours for a better-than half off price of $38. or, this lovely viginia field trip could be yours completely free of charge, if you bring along a slab of your home-cured bacon.... :)
Old 05-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #10876
Chef Extraordinaire

What the heck?
How come I don't get email offers like that?
Flying bunnies... wobble trap? Must be a VA thang.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #10877
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
what in god's bunny heaven is a wobble trap, anyhow?! )

it's for catching wascaly wabbits. huh huh huh huh huh

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #10878
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
it's for catching wascaly wabbits. huh huh huh huh huh

bf, you funny-wunny wittle wabbit, you....
Old 05-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #10879
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
The secret is to tell everyone that it is your birthday week! You have to try for a five day celebration.
My best friend back home has celebrated "'Dellie Birth Week" for years! Manages to stretch it out to a full seven days to boot. For years Himself "forgot" my birthday, always tryiing to tell me my birthday was in July. I'd say he mixed my birthday up with his parents' anniversary but that's not true - he couldn't remember that either. After we were married the folks got a card or call every year after that...

FWIW, "Cooking Goddess Birth Month" starts in ten days.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #10880
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
...We take a summer vacation every year. We close the cafe for 10 days & just go somewhere. This year with all of our mounting medical bills we have to stay a little closer to home, Omaha Ne this year, still need to check out some museums in the area. I've always wanted to go to Salem to see the witchcraft museums....
How far out are you willing to travel for vacation? I'm not a Nebraska expert, my only experience (so far) is a layover in the Omaha airport. Lincoln is probably an hour away - gotta be something there you haven't seen, right? Maybe head to Kansas City for some ribs and a Royals baseball game? I'll warn you though, the best ribs are in the middle of rugged neighborhoods - but boy were they great! We never felt like we were in danger, but us three white folks from OH sure felt pale.

If you feel like venturing as far as St. Lou they have ALL kinds of things for all kinds of ages. That one is more like 6-7 hour drive.

But the best of all? There's always Cleveland! No, seriously! West Side Market is worth the trip all by itself!