What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm cleaning the oven. I had forgot about the potato that exploded on Monday. My next door neighbor wants to use my oven on Thursday to cook an enormous winter squash.

I'm cleaning the oven. I had forgot about the potato that exploded on Monday. My next door neighbor wants to use my oven on Thursday to cook an enormous winter squash.

Since you are in your spanking new and lovely home, I am assuming that your oven is self-cleaning. Oh how I envy you. :angel:

I am sitting here at the computer. I often will reach down and scratch the calf of my leg. Well, I did that a short while ago and after a short time I reached down again and my leg felt wet. I look at my hand and there is blood on the tips of my fingers.

My leg looks like I scratched it with a wire brush you would use to brush the hair of a large hog. So I now have a thick dressing on my leg to prevent me from scratching again. Now all I can do is press on the itch instead of digging in. I have this great talent for abusing myself. I don't just scratch to relieve the itch. No, not me! I dig in like a miner looking for gold. The good side to this habit is I know I still have blood flow to my leg. :angel:

Since you are in your spanking new and lovely home, I am assuming that your oven is self-cleaning. Oh how I envy you. :angel:

I guess it is self-cleaning:wacko:. All I had to do was add 14 ounces of water to the bottom of the oven, press "clean" then start and wait 45 minutes. Sopping out the water was easy:).

I have been reading recipes for stuffed mushrooms!

Have any of you had good results with freezing uncooked stuffed mushrooms and then baking them straight from the freezer? I have read a few recipes and would like to give it a try.

My plan is to stuff the raw mushroom caps with a mixture of raw hot sausage, cheese, onions, chopped mushroom stems etc and then bake a few and freeze a few for later

Whadaya think?

I tried freezing mushrooms because I didn't feel like preparing them right away. It was a disaster. The mushrooms became dark and soggy. I had to throw them away.

Cooked mushrooms freeze nicely. The only uncooked ones that freeze well for me are wild Hen of the Woods. Maybe blanch the caps briefly?

Good point, Dawg. Now, I cook sliced mushrooms in garlic butter, then freeze. It works just fine that way.

I will do some experimenting tomorrow.

A couple with raw caps, a couple fully cooked, a couple with cooked caps and raw filling, etc...

Cooking the caps sounds like a good way to go.

Thanks!

I made pork stew with some of the turkey broth I made yesterday. YUM!

I also made a huge pot of brown rice with the turkey broth and a package of onion soup. I just have to fill some quart size zips and put them in the freezer.

I started the green bean casserole. I melted the softened cream cheese in cream of chicken soup. Now all I have left to do is add the drained French style green beans, and some sliced criminis in garlic butter that I had already made, then pour it all in the oil sprayed casserole dish. I'll keep this in the fridge overnight.

I do still have to strip the meat from the turkey neck I used to make the broth yesterday, but I can do that tomorrow just before dinner.

procrastinating, I really need to get off my bum and make 3 pies, get the turkey in the brine and cube up the bread for the stuffing so it can sit in the oven all night to dry out.

I too am procrastinating. I have one more pie to put together. And I haven't eaten all day. I didn't eat at all yesterday. I just have no idea what I want.

All I have to do is put the pie together. All the apples are peeled and sliced. I am feeling very lazy right now. I need about ten cents worth of energy. :angel:

Hoping and praying the power doesn't go out. The lights overhead just did a quick blinky-blink. Even though our neighborhood has underground wires, the main area transformers are on poles on the main streets. Gonna cross my fingers..

Busy decorating today. I strung a pine spray with lights above the front door frame and hung our Christmas sign on the porch wall (it has a couple of snowmen on it and says "Some of my friends are flakes"). I also assembled our fake tree for the sun room and strung the lights on it. Ornaments will follow later this week. We call it "Darlene's Tree" because of our neighbor on that side. When she and I were sitting at her kitchen table years ago and I said I was thinking of adding a sun room to our house, she said "and you could put a Christmas tree right there!". So I do! Some years the big tree, some years just one of those skinny alpine trees. But we always have a Darlene Tree! :LOL:

I still put out a full meal and baked dessert today. If I was smart, I'd do nothing but read tomorrow. I'm not smart...

I went to Gastro yesterday. I am scheduled for a Barium study later this month. This morning I am going shopping. I received a $21 increase in my food stamps due to winter heating costs. I don't know how they figured that. I don't pay for my heat, but I am not complaining. Right now I will take what ever help I can get.

It is 5 a.m. and I need to be ready by 7 a.m. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom