"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #10931
Chef Extraordinaire

Okay, I was sitting here with Spike and he had a brainstorm. (oh dear) For all our members in Engand and other countries that drive on the left side of the road, he has a question.

We drive on the right side and in school we are taught to go up and down the right side of the stairs.

So for those countries that drive on the left side, are you taught to go up and down the left side of the stairs?

He needs to get a life. Too much time to think. This is not my child. I found him in a cabbage patch.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #10932
Master Chef

Pac, so glad you are still among the living. We'd miss ya, even though we might not have known ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
...I got back from the store 30 minutes ago. I bought some corn, some pop and put $10 on tonight's powerball. I almost forgot about that, too.
Didja win? Didja win?? 10, 13, 14, 22, 52 with Powerball number 11

If you won I have a suggestion as to what you could do with some of the money. More Bacon! BaconBaconBacon. OOoo, and a bigger smoker. Hope ya won!

Old 05-19-2013, 12:55 AM   #10933
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Happy Anniversary, Andy, and hope you have no more HA anniversaries!...
Gee, thanks, I think. Actually, I was hoping to have a lot more anniversaries.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #10934
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Someone in Florida won it.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:57 AM   #10935
Master Chef

Congrats to our heart attack survivors. Much better than winning a "reality" show on CBS. Lots of healthy years ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I only remember how long on the not smoking because I quit smoking the day before I had my heart attack...won't be forgetting that soon....
My Mom didn't know she was having a heart attack at age 60 - she thought it was a bad case of indigestion (she had a condition called "spasmodic stomach"). So what did she do? Sit up all night long drinking coffee and smoking! Once in the hospital where she couldn't smoke she figured she may as well stay off them so she didn't HA again. Wasn't easy but she never smoked again.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:02 AM   #10936
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Congrats, Andy...I will have a big celebration then, too. Have you had any "fake" HA's since yours? I've had three so far, feels like it but it's not, just anxiety.

A few days after getting out of the hospital we were in Costco. I felt weird and panicked. I took a nitro pill and all my systems went weird. I got a ride to the hospital where they told me to go home because there was nothing wrong with me.

Since then, smooth sailing.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:12 AM   #10937
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
A few days after getting out of the hospital we were in Costco. I felt weird and panicked. I took a nitro pill and all my systems went weird. I got a ride to the hospital where they told me to go home because there was nothing wrong with me.

Since then, smooth sailing.
LOL! I was in Costco the day before having a heart attack, drove home having a heart attack, it woke me up three times during the night. I finally told Shrek the next morning (after looking up signs and symptoms online), "Well, it's either a medication reaction, a panic attack or a heart attack."

The techs were wheeling the EKG out of the room when I told them if they wanted a good reading on what I was experiencing they should hook me back up, it's starting again. That was the big one that didn't stop.

The fakes happen on my left side, the real one was on my right. Now that I know what to look for, I take anti-anxiety medication and it stops. I used to have GI upsets when anxious, now I have heart symptoms
Old 05-19-2013, 01:12 AM   #10938
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post

Gee, thanks, I think. Actually, I was hoping to have a lot more anniversaries.
Oops, that didn't come out right. I meant many more non-HA anniversaries! Oh, heck, you know what I meant!
Old 05-19-2013, 01:16 AM   #10939
Chef Extraordinaire

We are heading into the lounge room now to watch Star Trek 2009
Old 05-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #10940
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Congrats to our heart attack survivors. Much better than winning a "reality" show on CBS. Lots of healthy years ahead!

My Mom didn't know she was having a heart attack at age 60 - she thought it was a bad case of indigestion (she had a condition called "spasmodic stomach"). So what did she do? Sit up all night long drinking coffee and smoking! Once in the hospital where she couldn't smoke she figured she may as well stay off them so she didn't HA again. Wasn't easy but she never smoked again.
I had symptoms that were nothing like what I had learned to watch for in a heart attack. Felt like someone was squeezing my throat and my right shoulder. No chest pain, actually no pain...just mild constriction. Heck it was happening as we drove to the ER. I sure got hollered at about not calling for an ambulance. I was walking, talking and making jokes, didn't think I was in that much danger.