"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #10981
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I was looking up some medical information and came across a piece about something I had been told in the hospital.

Everytime you flush you toilet, a very fine mist comes back up into the air. You should step back immediately so the mist doesn't land on you. The piece gave more additional information than I received in the hospital. Most bathrooms have a toothbrush holder on one side of the sink and a glass holder on the other side. Make sure your tooth brush holder is on the far side from the toilet bowl. You should also keep paper cups in a dispenser type holder. And instead of just stepping back quickly, train your family to close the cover before flushing.
We always put the toilet lid down when we flush the toilet for that very reason

Old 05-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #10982
Chef Extraordinaire

The gutter cleaning guy is here and he is doing such a thorough job, I am very pleased, and he is such a nice person too, well worth the $150.00

Old 05-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #10983
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I was looking up some medical information and came across a piece about something I had been told in the hospital.

Everytime you flush you toilet, a very fine mist comes back up into the air. You should step back immediately so the mist doesn't land on you. The piece gave more additional information than I received in the hospital. Most bathrooms have a toothbrush holder on one side of the sink and a glass holder on the other side. Make sure your tooth brush holder is on the far side from the toilet bowl. You should also keep paper cups in a dispenser type holder. And instead of just stepping back quickly, train your family to close the cover before flushing.
I don't know if it's true, but I was told that if you put the lid down, you just get the aerosol of water and microbes when you lift the lid later.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #10984
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Don't brush your teeth in the bathroom...
Old 05-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #10985
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

We have an enthusiastic toilet at one of my schools. You flush with your foot and have to immediately step back 10 ft. It shoots up like a geyser and sprays all over the seat. Thankfully it's in the basement and not often used.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #10986
Master Chef

If everything they say is bad really WAS that bad we'd all be dead already, right? Or at least all chronically ill. A few germs help the immune system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
We have an enthusiastic toilet at one of my schools. You flush with your foot and have to immediately step back 10 ft. It shoots up like a geyser and sprays all over the seat. Thankfully it's in the basement and not often used.
Just don't shower in Dawg's fancy school toilet ^
Old 05-22-2013, 11:49 PM   #10987
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Ah! A turbo-bidet...
Old 05-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #10988
Master Chef

I am about to either bang my head on the desk or pour myself a pint glass of red wine. I have been listening to my baseball game since 7:05 PM. Since then I have washed a couple windows, fixed and cleaned up from dinner, played on the computer, done some mending...and the game has been rain delayed twice. Almost 2 hours of wait time. We were losing big, then coming back slowly but getting close until the second rain delay. When they came back in the top of the 8th the Indians (home team) were down by only two. Ack! Our sure-handed center fielder just tipped a caught ball over the fence to give the opponent a 2-run home run! Down by four with 1 inning to go. Can they come back? Hope I'm still sober by then. *

*FWIW, all references to heavy drinking are just in jest. Yes I like a glass of wine but I do exercise caution and certainly don't drink and drive.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #10989
Master Chef

Hi Guys :) Sorry, been MIA for a while! Miss ya all! Busy with a new catering company I started with a friend. etc etc xoxo

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #10990
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Hi Snip!!!