What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there was a time when you could hardly find a loaf of bread to buy on a sunday in the u.s. now that blue laws are a distant faded memory we are blissfully and mindlessly shopping for everyThing, every Minute, of every DAY of our adhd driven lives....

Last edited:
Just answered an email from Son #3 and a phone call to daughter. So it is decided. I am getting a wheelchair for my birthday and going out to dinner. I can hardly wait for my 75th birthday. Maybe I will get a coffin. There is a manufacturing plant just a few seconds away from my house. A great place to pick up beautiful scrap wood. Maybe if they get enough son #2 can build it for free. Who cares what it looks like, I am going to be cremated. My kids have me in a contest with my sister. She died at the age of 74. So they want me to outlive her so they can rub it in their cousins face. I have no idea why. I will see what I can do to accommodate them. I don't know which one thought this bright idea up. :rolleyes:

I am here with Discuss Cooking

Everytime I attempt to get off, I receive another " answer " to my posts ... ha ha ha ...

I am relaxing With D.C. members ...

AND reading many posts, I have not had time to read prior ...

I shall post this week.

Margi.

Just answered an email from Son #3 and a phone call to daughter. So it is decided. I am getting a wheelchair for my birthday and going out to dinner. I can hardly wait for my 75th birthday. Maybe I will get a coffin. There is a manufacturing plant just a few seconds away from my house. A great place to pick up beautiful scrap wood. Maybe if they get enough son #2 can build it for free. Who cares what it looks like, I am going to be cremated. My kids have me in a contest with my sister. She died at the age of 74. So they want me to outlive her so they can rub it in their cousins face. I have no idea why. I will see what I can do to accommodate them. I don't know which one thought this bright idea up. :rolleyes:

Shrek and I purchased matching urns, they are stashed in the closet. My brother knows where they are and he is our DPOA if we are unable to make decisions. I told my brother he got to make all the decisions because he was born too late and is the youngest. I also know he will follow our wishes.

It's after noon, I guess I should throw on some comfies (t-shirt/sweat pants) and get the kitchen done. The dishes Shrek said he would do on Friday are still sitting there. I want to get my new De Buyer pans seasoned today.

It's after noon, I guess I should throw on some comfies (t-shirt/sweat pants) and get the kitchen done. The dishes Shrek said he would do on Friday are still sitting there. I want to get my new De Buyer pans seasoned today.

Oh ye of great faith. Did you really expect those dishes to disappear? You are surely to be blessed. :angel:

my dad was the youngest child in his family--always the baby, twelve whole years younger than his next sib. he had a very close attachment to his mother, and she to him. one day she became quite emotional, admiring a fancy scarlet colored vehicle as it slowly passed by their home. my dad, age five at the time, piped up saying, "mommy, when i grow up, i'm going to buy a car just like that for you." he never forgot that day and that sad unfulfilled promise--the bright fancy vehicle that had caught his mother's fancy that day had been a hearse....

my dad was the youngest child in his family--always the baby, twelve whole years younger than his next sib. he had a very close attachment to his mother, and she to him. one day she became quite emotional, admiring a fancy scarlet colored vehicle as it slowly passed by their home. my dad, age five at the time, piped up saying, "mommy, when i grow up, i'm going to buy a car just like that for you." he never forgot that day and that sad unfulfilled promise--the bright fancy vehicle that had caught his mother's fancy that day had been a hearse....

How beautiful and sad at the same time. :angel:

Could your heart stand the shock if he really did them?:angel:

Every once in a while it does happen...I've just about decided he promises so I'm not out there washing dishes after getting off work and not a single dish is mine. By the time it gets done, by me, it's been a couple of days.:wacko:

"what weather?"
vitauta asked.

Well, here in snowy, cold Ontario, Canada, it has been wet and white for what seems like months, but was really only about....let's see:14 weeks? (felt longer....)

Today, Sunday, for the first time, the snows are beginning to melt and I can see green grasses (well, weeds) again, AND sunshine, yay! The geese have returned to some parts, and I even saw my first blackbird yesterday - all signs of spring.

It has been a very long, cold winter here. Hence the need for colors.

Every once in a while it does happen...I've just about decided he promises so I'm not out there washing dishes after getting off work and not a single dish is mine. By the time it gets done, by me, it's been a couple of days.:wacko:

Thanks. It is nice to know that I am not the only one with dirty dishes in the sink. That is not my favorite chore. Although when I bake, I do have to have the sink empty. I don't know why. Just one of my quirks:wacko:.

vitauta asked.

Well, here in snowy, cold Ontario, Canada, it has been wet and white for what seems like months, but was really only about....let's see:14 weeks? (felt longer....)

Today, Sunday, for the first time, the snows are beginning to melt and I can see green grasses (well, weeds) again, AND sunshine, yay! The geese have returned to some parts, and I even saw my first blackbird yesterday - all signs of spring.

It has been a very long, cold winter here. Hence the need for colors.

This has been a crazy winter for us here. No winter to speak of. More record breaking days of warm weather than any other year. It has affected the maple syrup run. The sap is not as sweet. So expect record high prices for maple syrup next year. The ski industry in this area has been making snow for the whole winter. The one good thing about spring is the color. Even in clothing. When I returned to the mainland after living in Hawaii in the middle of winter, it was a shock to see everyone wearing dark clothing. I try to buy bright colors all year long. :)

Spent the the day lazily making sesame noodles, Thai picked cucumbers and maple ice cream base. No I'm enjoying a cocktail and watching Food Network.

Okay, I found the kitchen sink and the stove. Almost time to fix dinner...

I am just about to tackle all the silverware soaking. I have to do it. There is nothing left in the drawer. Unless I prepare finger foods. I used to soak the dishes in scalding hot water. Then I had to let the water cool down. By then it was too cold so I had to up the temp again. Round and round. My sister use to tell me I was giving the dishes first aid. And if I broke something, it was surgery. :ohmy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom