What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are finally moving dh into my new house. We have been living at both houses. Here is what we moved today.

CM, do you mean a real real fireplace, one where you burn wood?

I have a fake gas fireplace put in and we love it. I chose not to have a blower installed and do not regret it. It throws off a lot of heat, but the house is small and the living room even smaller:)

Yes I mean a real wood burning fireplace.Or a nice wood stove.
This house currently doesn't have either.It's ok.My next house will.

The picture of your horse reminded me of how my parents transported their lil Shetland pony around.He was so small our other trailers would have been too large for him.He let them know when he wanted to go for a ride.He stood by the car and waited.He was quite the character.:LOL:

Dad would take out the back seat.Roll down the windows and take him out for a drive.I'm not kidding that lil guy thought he was a dog.Hanging his head out the window.At first glance one thought he was..

I'm still in therapy about that...J/K.:ohmy::ermm::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I am sitting here watching the Championship Parade for the Patriots. In the past 12 years we have had nine championship Duck Tour parades for any one of our four championship teams.

The only difference between the Patriots parade and the others, is that the Pat's parade do not get to go into the Charles River. :angel:

Just finishing up my second cup of coffee, doing laundry, and fixin' to go outside and plant some herb seeds. I meant to do that last week but didn't get around to it. Nice sunny day for it today.

Just finishing up my second cup of coffee, doing laundry, and fixin' to go outside and plant some herb seeds. I meant to do that last week but didn't get around to it. Nice sunny day for it today.

Just in case you don't get around to that planting again, you are most welcome to come to Boston and help shovel for tomorrow's storm. And you can stick around for the one coming Monday also. All the hot cocoa you can drink free. :angel:

:ohmy: No, thank you, Addie! :LOL: Give C42 a call and get his sons to come over. :LOL:

Seriously, I hope it's an early spring for all of you on the east coast.

:ohmy: No, thank you, Addie! :LOL: Give C42 a call and get his sons to come over. :LOL:

Seriously, I hope it's an early spring for all of you on the east coast.

Those are the best words I have heard in the past 10 days. It tells me there is hope for me and the rest of New England. Fortunately we have a maintenance crew that are out here when the first flake falls. They just kept going over the same paths until there wasn't a flake left. I just hope management recognizes them for what they accomplished. No flake stayed on the ground more than five minutes. And when they weren't out with the snow blowers and plows, they were inside mopping up any snow that had melted from shoes. I think I will send an email off to management. :angel:

Just getting home from an ER visit...fractured two bones in my foot. Was out in the kitchen, the fan fell over and cracked me right across the foot. Oh yea!!!

Oh no! Well that sure sux. Heal fast, PF {{{hugs}}}. Boot or cast?

Thanks, needed.

Boot, a cast is too risky for a diabetic.

So I am walking around barefoot on the left and a boot on the right, LOL! Sleeping with the boot on will be tricky.:wacko:

Having broken my foot too and speaking from experience, the boot is really annoying to sleep in. Be really careful navigating ice and snow. I had to figure out how to drive with my left foot. It helped that my bone doc got me a temporary handicapped tag.

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that, princess. Best wishes for a super speedy recovery.

It's crazy how one minute everything is fine, and the next, you're in the ER. I tripped over my late mother's oxygen hose 5 years ago and fell hard - cracked my hipbone and didn't have to have surgery, but took me a while in rehab to be able to walk and support my weight on that leg. Best wishes to you!

Last edited:
Gee, PF, hope your foot heals quickly. I guess I got a sympathy boo-boo for you, too. For what it's worth, my right big toe is now bigger than earlier today...:wacko:

We have 90-degree turns in our staircases: three steps on the upper part, eight or nine on the lower stretch - 9 up to the 2nd floor, 8 down to the basement. Anyway, I swear those last three steps are just a bit steeper than the rest of them. Sometimes, when coming up carrying something, my toe will hit the edge of the step instead of clearing it. Well, lets just say the Griddler and I sustained similar injuries. Now my bunion has a bunion. :( At least the Griddler still works!

Anyway, get well fast. You never know when you'll need to give someone a swift kick. ;)

Having broken my foot too and speaking from experience, the boot is really annoying to sleep in. Be really careful navigating ice and snow. I had to figure out how to drive with my left foot. It helped that my bone doc got me a temporary handicapped tag.

The bus stop is just around the corner and will dump me off in front of the facility. No problem, seeing as we haven't had any snow. I'm sure someone at work will be happy to haul me to the grocery store.:rolleyes:

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that, princess. Best wishes for a super speedy recovery.

It's crazy how one minute everything is fine, and the next, you're in the ER. I tripped over my late mother's oxygen hose 5 years ago and fell hard - cracked my hipbone and didn't have to have surgery, but took me a while in rehab to be able to walk and support my weight on that leg. Best wishes to you!

About 40 years ago I jumped down the front steps of my home. When I landed I heard a big crack. Taking that first step to get back into the house, told me I had a broken foot. I broke the outside carpel bones on the left side of my left foot. Now, just stepping on a vacuum cord instead of over it, I have broken my foot several times over the years. I have learned not to walk over small stones either.

And of course because I know everything in the world, now when I break it, I don't go to no stinkin' doctor! No, not me. I know what to do. I broke it again two weeks ago and it is now just showing signs of healing. For how long, that I don't know. What I did for my foot was limp a lot. I am limping a little less today. :angel:

And for you PF, :flowers: :angel: May you heal quickly.

You would think I would know better than to wander around barefoot. Thanks for the best wishes.

About 40 years ago I jumped down the front steps of my home. When I landed I heard a big crack. Taking that first step to get back into the house, told me I had a broken foot. I broke the outside carpel bones on the left side of my left foot. Now, just stepping on a vacuum cord instead of over it, I have broken my foot several times over the years. I have learned not to walk over small stones either.

And of course because I know everything in the world, now when I break it, I don't go to no stinkin' doctor! No, not me. I know what to do. I broke it again two weeks ago and it is now just showing signs of healing. For how long, that I don't know. What I did for my foot was limp a lot. I am limping a little less today. :angel:

And for you PF, :flowers: :angel: May you heal quickly.

The last time I broke my foot, the bone doc said,"Yeah, you broke that sucker." I had X-rays which were billed separately. Then I got bone doc's bill. $438 for agreeing that I broke my foot. I didn't like being billed for his affirmation of something I already knew. I already had the boot.

Last edited:
The bus stop is just around the corner and will dump me off in front of the facility. No problem, seeing as we haven't had any snow. I'm sure someone at work will be happy to haul me to the grocery store.:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your foot and shush about the snow!

I'm sure the snow gods are planning something special to cheer you up! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Good luck!

The last time I broke my foot, the bone doc said,"Yeah, you broke that sucker." I had X-rays which were billed separately. Then I got bone doc's bill. $438 for agreeing that I broke my foot. I didn't like being billed for his affirmation of something I already knew. I already had the boot.

Oh yes, I hate the radiology bill and also paying because I told the doctor what was wrong. We should get a discount for telling the doctor the diagnosis.

Back
Top Bottom