"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-31-2013, 12:14 AM   #11171
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

left shoulder problems...I'm getting old...that and repetitive motion at work has caused separation of the AC joint and they also see calcifications which is what caused the horrible pain I had when it popped. I can't do anything that rotates my arm out. I'm okay with back, just not out.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:15 AM   #11172
Master Chef

PF, you can always tell people it's an old pitching injury from when you played semi-pro womens' baseball! Just brush up on the game to make it real credible.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:45 AM   #11173
Chef Extraordinaire

yeah, just tell them after so many years of paintin' the black with 4 seam heaters, splitters, and pulling the string here and there to keep them off balance, you thought you could extend your shelf life by feeding them a diet of off speed pitches with screwgies, back door sliders, and a deadly 12-6 uncle charlie. 'cause if someone's sittin' dead read and you put one down broadway, they'll crush it.

but throw 'em junk, and their lumber goes silent.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:20 AM   #11174
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Your daughter is very fortunate to have you for a mom & all the support you give. It would be difficult to imagine how difficult all of this has to be for you as well, then to be so strong for her. What an inspiration you are!
Take care!and one for your daughter too.
Thank you SB. The day I got the news, I totally collasped. Winthrop had to send me some Lorazipam so I could calm down. They also sent the nurse to my home to check on me. I wan't much use to her that day. I went to see her the next day just before her surgery and told her and her husband.

"I am not going to lose a second child. I fought the state, city and everyone else to keep her. And I wasn't go to let some stupid lump in her head take her away from me now. Not after all I have been through with her from the day she was born. She was my first born, and it was her job to outlive me."

I have been fighting her battle right along with her ever since. The day the city was on lockdown from the bombing, it was her day to go to the hospital for her to get her blood work for the chemo. She called me hystericlly because she couldn't go into the hospital and they weren't answering their phones. To heck with the lockdown, I hopped on my scooter and within three minutes I was at her house to calm her down. She got to go to the hospitall that day.

I have been noticing that you are back on the diet. Weighing and measuring your food. Keep up the good work. You are not only doing this for yourself, but for your daughter and husband. You need to be around for them also.

And one for you!
Old 05-31-2013, 05:24 AM   #11175
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
yeah, just tell them after so many years of paintin' the black with 4 seam heaters, splitters, and pulling the string here and there to keep them off balance, you thought you could extend your shelf life by feeding them a diet of off speed pitches with screwgies, back door sliders, and a deadly 12-6 uncle charlie. 'cause if someone's sittin' dead read and you put one down broadway, they'll crush it.

but throw 'em junk, and their lumber goes silent.
Yeah sure. I agree. Whatever you say. But I refuse to let you know I didn't understand one work of that except sliders.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:44 AM   #11176
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thinking I won't be able to wash my hair...think I will look good with dreadlocks?

I wonder how long I can get away with having Shrek cook...
Old 05-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #11177
Chef Extraordinaire

For the past hour I have been playing between the AC and the fan. I think right now I prefer the fan. It is not as cold and I can control where it blows. I love my fan. It even has a remote.

And I am also waiting for my eggs. Poo has finally gotten them. He will be her in less than three hours. I am so excited.

Yesterday my fan, today my eggs. How much better can life get?
Old 05-31-2013, 06:10 PM   #11178
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
For the past hour I have been playing between the AC and the fan. I think right now I prefer the fan. It is not as cold and I can control where it blows. I love my fan. It even has a remote.
How warm is it there Ads?
Old 05-31-2013, 06:12 PM   #11179
Chef Extraordinaire

Today is the first day of Winter here

I love that, as I love Winter!

Yesterday it bucketed down with rain..."all day" which is rare for where we are, so it was great!

This morning it is looking very dark out there, very windy and I am in my element!

We are staying in today, have lots of washing and housework to do and Steve is going to work on our game
Old 05-31-2013, 06:34 PM   #11180
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'm making a list of all our autopay accounts. I got a text from our credit card company this morning asking if we'd made a $200 purchase today. We had not. I called the CC company, and found out the purchase had been attempted, but denied due to an expired CC. Turns out the attempted purchase was made from France! We've never been to France. And I always shred our outdated CCs, so am not sure how they got an outdated one.

I thanked the customer service person profusely. Good catch! They're UPSing us new cards tomorrow, and are notifying the credit bureaus. It will be a PITA to deal with the aftermath, but I'm glad the CC company is so vigilant!