"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #11241
Certified Pretend Chef

Coincidentally, I'm scheduled to do the same thing this month. Take the two doors off and make everything shine top to bottom. All I've ever used is Scrubbing Bubbles foaming spray and a blue scrubbing sponge (fiberglass tub/shower).

Old 06-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #11242
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Coincidentally, I'm scheduled to do the same thing this month. Take the two doors off and make everything shine top to bottom. All I've ever used is Scrubbing Bubbles foaming spray and a blue scrubbing sponge (fiberglass tub/shower).
I love Scrubbie Bubbles. I use it on the front of my kitchen cabinets. Even the appliances. And I just LOVE how shiny it makes the faucets in the kitchen and bathroom. I swear those bubbles can clean anything without any scrubbing.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #11243
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Just doing laundry here. I went to Sears earlier to check out the ranges. I am thinking GE. I saw several that I liked. Has anyone had a range where the oven has a steam cleaning setting? This seems to be the new thing. How does it work? Any problems with rusting?
When we were fixing up my mum's apartment in Denmark (~2010) to sell it, we checked out the new ovens and bought one with steam cleaning. It worked quite well. It never got used enough to know if it would cause rusting, but I doubt it does. This was on a gas oven.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #11244
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
left shoulder problems...I'm getting old...that and repetitive motion at work has caused separation of the AC joint and they also see calcifications which is what caused the horrible pain I had when it popped. I can't do anything that rotates my arm out. I'm okay with back, just not out.
Gentle (((hugs))). Eek! It popped? It separated! Where were you and what were you doing when you got the horrible pain? Geez, I hope that gets better quickly.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #11245
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplainbill View Post
Rodents chewed up my irreplaceable 6 gasoline gas can and the gas tank on my 33" walk behind mower. Ergo I just ordered $98's worth of Contrac and $127's worth of items to replace the walk behinds fuel tank.
Bummer. I wonder why rodents would be attracted to gasoline.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #11246
Chef Extraordinaire

Spike picked me up a can of industrial strength Scrubbie Bubbles today at Home Depot. Every time I go in the bathroom, I find something else to clean. All that is left is the floor. I don't know if I have the energy for that tonight. But the bathroom is sparkling clean.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #11247
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Gentle (((hugs))). Eek! It popped? It separated! Where were you and what were you doing when you got the horrible pain? Geez, I hope that gets better quickly.
Boss lady heard it from across the room. They figure it got hung up on a calcification and snapped past it creating the wonderful pain and then it just kept hurting from inflammation. I've had a couple days of rest with it and it has reduced. Still sore but it doesn't hurt, if that makes sense. Electrical stimulation, ice therapy, Icy Hot and Tylenol. Wouldn't be so bad, except for being left handed, so it gets more use than it should.

Nothing loose, nothing blocking, but it's starting to sound like my knees...Rice Krispies.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #11248
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

Boss lady heard it from across the room. They figure it got hung up on a calcification and snapped past it creating the wonderful pain and then it just kept hurting from inflammation. I've had a couple days of rest with it and it has reduced. Still sore but it doesn't hurt, if that makes sense. Electrical stimulation, ice therapy, Icy Hot and Tylenol. Wouldn't be so bad, except for being left handed, so it gets more use than it should.

Nothing loose, nothing blocking, but it's starting to sound like my knees...Rice Krispies.
Gah! Amplified! So sorry, PF, glad you have a treatment plan, and that you're feeling better.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #11249
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Gah! Amplified! So sorry, PF, glad you have a treatment plan, and that you're feeling better.
I forgot to mention...all I was doing was picking up my pen from in front of me when it happened. It wasn't until the next day that we figured out which repetitive motion was making it worse. The printer is next to me on my left, it is also up so I reach up and back many times a day, often for my two office mates, too. It is this motion I can no longer do. I've been advocating for a counter height desk where I can stand at the computer, leaving the printer at desk height would fix the problem.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #11250
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Bummer. I wonder why rodents would be attracted to gasoline.
I used to leave my weed whacker on the back porch and had something chew on the gas line. You had to flex the line to see the slits in it. I'm pretty sure it was either a raccoon or opossum.
You're right. It does make you wonder.