What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had meatloaf for supper. Now I need to get up and get ready for tomorrow. I have a plethera of appointments tomorrow. Along with six vials of bloodwork. It is time for that six month checkup again. :ohmy:

I had meatloaf for supper. Now I need to get up and get ready for tomorrow. I have a plethera of appointments tomorrow. Along with six vials of bloodwork. It is time for that six month checkup again. :ohmy:

Thanks for reminding me that I forgot to call my doctor for my 3 month check of my HbA1C:wacko: I have to call and have her order it, the lab will throw away orders that are more than 2 months old.

Now, I'll try to remember tomorrow...maybe:LOL:

Finally getting caught up on e-mails after being gone for 4 days. Mother in laws funeral, An unexpected passing. 88 years old found in her favorite chair. It's been a rough few days. The funeral was monday. Tuesday I got sick with the flu. Starting to feel better today. Dh is so sad.

Finally getting caught up on e-mails after being gone for 4 days. Mother in laws funeral, An unexpected passing. 88 years old found in her favorite chair. It's been a rough few days. The funeral was monday. Tuesday I got sick with the flu. Starting to feel better today. Dh is so sad.

Sounds like a gentle passing, still, my thoughts are with you. I'm sorry for your loss.

I just finished some oatmeal and I'm sipping my coffee whilst enjoying the posts here at DC.

Yes, my condolences.....

I am getting ready to go for a run. 5k. This should be an entry for the "Who is trying to lose weight?" thread....

My thorts are with you Simonbaker

I'm halfway through my 3rd nightshift of the 7 and the diggers down so looks like find some where comfy to read n mayb sleep ?oh damm!

I am trying to get the energy to get on with today.

I am finding it harder to deal with Dad's stuff as part of me wants to get it done and put it behind me and another part is just to sad to deal with it. I have to go file his income tax, apply for the death benefit, get a box of food items out of the pantry for the food bank (things I bought for Dad and we won't eat - I think he would be happy for them to go there), some checks to deposit into the estate account and drop off his lifeline unit.

Some items have to be done asap and the others would just be better gotten out of the way. This weekend my best friend is coming over to pack up all the clothes and stuff for pick-up by the Diabetes Association. DH has taken Dad's jackets and a couple of shirts, but the rest will be given away through the association and a local homeless shelter (shoes, things too warn for Diabetes).

I need to get the room in a state where I don't get uncomfortable when I go in, and yet I don't totally want to "get rid of Dad" just yet. Tough place to be.

Time to take a day and just wallow Laurie. You've been on high speed for a while now. Just stop for a bit. Let yourself remember, be sad, cry and laugh. Take a day to just be. Tomorrow is soon enough to do more. {{{{{Laurie}}}}}

Time to take a day and just wallow Laurie. You've been on high speed for a while now. Just stop for a bit. Let yourself remember, be sad, cry and laugh. Take a day to just be. Tomorrow is soon enough to do more. {{{{{Laurie}}}}}
Thanks, Alix, but I kind of had that day Yesterday. I busied myself with chocolate cupcakes (deciding to stick to my signature recipe using Fry's cocoa and just adding some mini dark chocolate chips), but had a lot of memories of both my parents going through me head. And I got to laugh and cry with my in-laws in the evening.

I just don't want to remain in that state. But on second thought, maybe that's all I can do today. Thanks, friend.

Good advice. Big bag of potato chips, some pop and bad tv.(or a good movie):)
Okay, you two have me convinced! Though I finished the big bag of chips Monday re-watching Harry Potter movies with DH after the internment! :rolleyes: Maybe he can bring me a new bag on his way home from work!

Oh, did I say it is snowing? Has been off and on for two days now - nothing sticking, but definitely snow!

Okay, you two have me convinced! Though I finished the big bag of chips Monday re-watching Harry Potter movies with DH after the internment! :rolleyes: Maybe he can bring me a new bag on his way home from work!

Oh, did I say it is snowing? Has been off and on for two days now - nothing sticking, but definitely snow!

See? Even God is telling you to sit still for a bit. Baking cupcakes was "keeping busy", you need to just stop for a bit and let yourself settle. I remember the go go go feeling. There are very few things that can't wait a day or two or six while you pull yourself together.

Its an odd looking day out there, overcast but very bright still. I'll go out to fill the feeders in a bit and then off to do my grocery shopping and to meet a friend for tea. Murray might even get a walk this afternoon!

LP, when my daughter died, the police brought me the things she was wearing at the time of her death. Aong with the $60 she had stuck down in her bra. I hung on to those clothes and jewelry along with the $60 for so long. When it came time for me to pack up because I was moving, my oldest daughter had to take care of her things because I felt like I was throwing my daughter away and just couldn't do it. So I understand. My daughter took the cash and wrote a check for the amount. She then deposited it into my checking account. So I had no idea if I was spending her money or mine. I gave her oldest duaghter her jewelry when she got married.

Take time to grieve. But also try to keep busy. Grieving shouldn't be a 24 hour time consuming activity. You will have good moments and sad. That is part of the process. Be patient with yourself. Before you know it, you will be telling stories about the happy times and memories. Celebrate his life, not his death. It is the kindest thing you can do for yourself and those around you. :angel:

i just got home from the doctors' office. I had a slew of appointments today. But I got a lot of things taken care of. Now I am tired. I also have a migraine headache again. My PCP changed some of my medications and gave a new one in the hopes of getting these migraine headaches under control.

They had a corned beef dinner today at the daycare. That had to be one of the worst dinners I have ever had. Everything was undercooked including the corned beef. I think I will eat a meatloaf sandwich on marbled rye bread. Then a nap.

I just finished vomiting and my headache is gone. For some strange reason this seems to be the only way the headache breaks. :)

Yes, my condolences.....

I am getting ready to go for a run. 5k. This should be an entry for the "Who is trying to lose weight?" thread....

To lose weight, I suggest checking your self in the hospital Cardiac Ward. Worked for me.

Yes, my condolences.....

I'm doing the 10k walk again this year. Been increasing slowly on the bike and walking. Hopefully this year it won't rain...

I am trying to get the energy to get on with today.

I am finding it harder to deal with Dad's stuff as part of me wants to get it done and put it behind me and another part is just to sad to deal with it. I have to go file his income tax, apply for the death benefit, get a box of food items out of the pantry for the food bank (things I bought for Dad and we won't eat - I think he would be happy for them to go there), some checks to deposit into the estate account and drop off his lifeline unit.

Some items have to be done asap and the others would just be better gotten out of the way. This weekend my best friend is coming over to pack up all the clothes and stuff for pick-up by the Diabetes Association. DH has taken Dad's jackets and a couple of shirts, but the rest will be given away through the association and a local homeless shelter (shoes, things too warn for Diabetes).

I need to get the room in a state where I don't get uncomfortable when I go in, and yet I don't totally want to "get rid of Dad" just yet. Tough place to be.

Assignment time...get a blank journal and start writing down all the funny stories that involve your Dad. I find writing in pencil to be relaxing and calming. {{{{{Laurie}}}}}

Back
Top Bottom