"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #1121
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
For the past several hours I have been stricten with a 24 hour flu that my oldest son passed on to me. He really didn't need to share that with me. I was more concerned with becoming dehydrated. I have taken in at least two gallons of liquids that I know of or can remember. I am finally on the mend and continue to drink lots of liquids. In the past 20 minutes I have managed to drink a half gallon of milk. Now if I could just stop this dang shaking. I am also very tired so I am headed back to bed.

take care, addie, pile on those blankets and warm yourself....

Old 01-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #1122
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie
For the past several hours I have been stricten with a 24 hour flu that my oldest son passed on to me. He really didn't need to share that with me. I was more concerned with becoming dehydrated. I have taken in at least two gallons of liquids that I know of or can remember. I am finally on the mend and continue to drink lots of liquids. In the past 20 minutes I have managed to drink a half gallon of milk. Now if I could just stop this dang shaking. I am also very tired so I am headed back to bed.
Oh, sweetie. Hope you feel better soon!

Old 01-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #1123
Chef Extraordinaire

hope you're feeling better, addie. maybe some hot tea would help.

i'm finally getting around to uploading pictures from my phone. i'll be posting more in the days to come.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #1124
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here trying to talk myself into getting up & cleaning the kitchen.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #1125
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
take care, addie, pile on those blankets and warm yourself....
I am much better today. Still cold. And it is 80F in my apartment. But then the elderly are notoriously cold all the time. I am still taking in liquids like I am going to dry up any moment. My son was still sick last night. And my middle son stopped by to check on me. So I have enough care going on around me. I have on this heavy, very heavy fleece bathrobe that comes down to my feet. I am slowly warming up. My next adventure is to try and eat something.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #1126
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am much better today. Still cold. And it is 80F in my apartment. But then the elderly are notoriously cold all the time. I am still taking in liquids like I am going to dry up any moment. My son was still sick last night. And my middle son stopped by to check on me. So I have enough care going on around me. I have on this heavy, very heavy fleece bathrobe that comes down to my feet. I am slowly warming up. My next adventure is to try and eat something.
Whenever I get "chilled to the bone", Addie, I just jump into the shower and crank it to "cook-me". After about 30 minutes of that, I wrap into a warm set of clothes and I'm good-to-go!

I sure hope you start feeling better. I'm starting to get where I don't want to go to the market. It seems like every time I do, someone coughs some sort of bug on me.

Stay warm and get well!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #1127
Master Chef

Just came back from a meeting with a counselor from Human Resources Canada. I am considering a retraining program called Second Career. Looking into becoming a dietitian, or nutritionist in the Health Service sector. Will require going back to school for up to two years. It's a great program and something that may give me a chance for secure employment for the rest of my working days......So, I am researching all avenues of these possibilities....
Old 01-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #1128
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Just came back from a meeting with a counselor from Human Resources Canada. I am considering a retraining program called Second Career. Looking into becoming a dietitian, or nutritionist in the Health Service sector. Will require going back to school for up to two years. It's a great program and something that may give me a chance for secure employment for the rest of my working days......So, I am researching all avenues of these possibilities....
kewl

Good luck.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #1129
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
kewl

Good luck.
Thanks.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #1130
Everymom

Downloading free apps onto my Droid. Drinking coffee and planning a day with my girls.