"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #11321
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,899
That would be a good one to attend. Hope you get some great pictures of all the hard work that was done and maybe even some celebrity shots !
__________________

__________________
MrsLMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #11322
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11
Help!!

I just want to know how to start a thread!!

I can't for the life of me figure it out & all i want to do is ask a question!!!
Can someone please pretty please help

Thankyou so much if you do!
__________________

__________________
summer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #11323
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer22 View Post
I just want to know how to start a thread!!

I can't for the life of me figure it out & all i want to do is ask a question!!!
Can someone please pretty please help

Thankyou so much if you do!
Hi Summer

Go to the top of this page. Hit the tab that says Forums ... then under general forums hit all forum listings.

Go to where you want the thread ... off topic, beef, desserts or wherever you need it to be.

At the top of the listings you will see a button - orange - that says new thread .. punch it and type away !

Hope that helps and welcome to DC !
__________________
MrsLMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #11324
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
Hi Summer

Go to the top of this page. Hit the tab that says Forums ... then under general forums hit all forum listings.

Go to where you want the thread ... off topic, beef, desserts or wherever you need it to be.

At the top of the listings you will see a button - orange - that says new thread .. punch it and type away !

Hope that helps and welcome to DC !
You are amazing, thankyou!!

Gosh that was so simple!!!
__________________
summer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #11325
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
Big doings going on in town tonight. I just got back from a short walk to see all the folks. Mumford and Sons are here for their only New Mexico gig. I have been impressed with all the preparation the town has gone to, to host the biggest ever influx of people at one time that this town has seen. It is expected the population of this small town will more than triple tonight. Because I have been hanging out at the public utilites departments this past week, I have seen some of the preparations. I came back to my apartment to have dinner and get my camera.

mumford and sons are giving a concert in your town? that is huge! lucky you, beth! mumford and sons have been my favorite new band for a couple of years. i hope they come to c-ville....
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #11326
Executive Chef
 
bethzaring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Northern New Mexico
Posts: 4,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
That would be a good one to attend. Hope you get some great pictures of all the hard work that was done and maybe even some celebrity shots !
Well, it just rained almost an hour, from 6:00 to 7:00 pm. It hasn't rained here since 2011 . It has cleared up and I haven't heard any music yet. There are two bands playing before Mumford and sons and live music at many venues outside of the park where the concert is taking place. I won't be able to get close to the stage, but I will certainly be able to hear them from the street.
__________________
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
bethzaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #11327
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer22 View Post
I just want to know how to start a thread!!

I can't for the life of me figure it out & all i want to do is ask a question!!!
Can someone please pretty please help

Thankyou so much if you do!
Hello Summer and welcome to DC
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #11328
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,928
I got the grad video done and am now relaxing with one of my favourite shows (Motive) and winding some yarn into balls for my next project.

Violet is curled up at my feet as usual - Life is good!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:48 AM   #11329
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
... Life is good!
+1 LP!

Glad to hear you got that photo montage all done in time. I'm sure your BFF and family will enjoy it for years. I suppose now you'll start thinking about what to do for his college graduation?

I was listening to rain hit the windows. It's stopped for now but the Andrea monsoons are supposed to move in Friday afternoon. Now I'm listening to the whistles from the train running a couple miles from our house. If the air is just right it sounds like the train is running right down our street! Not an unpleasant sound at all.
__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:18 AM   #11330
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
+1 LP!

Glad to hear you got that photo montage all done in time. I'm sure your BFF and family will enjoy it for years. I suppose now you'll start thinking about what to do for his college graduation?

I was listening to rain hit the windows. It's stopped for now but the Andrea monsoons are supposed to move in Friday afternoon. Now I'm listening to the whistles from the train running a couple miles from our house. If the air is just right it sounds like the train is running right down our street! Not an unpleasant sound at all.
Thanks, CG. Next will be his brother's HS graduation in two years. He has already "told" me I am doing his as well. I used to do them both for a living (I had a graphics and video business awhile back) and as the video coordinator at our church for about 7 years. I wouldn't want ti do it full time again but these are my "boys" and I would do anything for them.

I hope that you are going to be okay weather-wise tomorrow. I will be praying and sending good thoughts your way.
__________________

__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.