What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks TL. Actually, the cortisone shot I got on Monday made the pain worse that day before it started to kick in. Tuesday was better and this morning is much better. The brace has been helping with occasional use. Besides, it's washable so it's OK if it gets wet.

Last edited:
I'm sitting on pins and needles today. A chef is test driving one of the meals I developed. I hope the chef, the sous chef, and the photographer like it. I was banned from the kitchen (not really--I said that it needed to be prepared by s/one else--but I did send three or four emails of tweaks I would like to do now that I've had time to think about it). I can't wait to see the pics! Not sure I want to hear the critiques....

:sigh: April 15 is fast approaching, so I hauled out all the tax papers and forms, sorted them, and am steeling myself to do our federal and state taxes online.

Tended to my lawn meadow. Had to give it a big of a boost since the ratio of wild flowers has been poor, so I transplanted 2 young purple foxgloves.

Over slept.Freaking out a little bit that hubby's lunch hasn't been started yet. It's normally already done by now. You guys usually help me to decide. It's not working today.
I have an hour to figure it out.Everything already seems like too much work.

The work around the house is catching up with me. Can I just go back to bed? :idea:

I always claimed 0 deductions so that I always had a nice bonus when I got my refund.

I claim 0 at the higher single rate and have an extra $20 a month paid in, always have a nice refund which is helpful for new glasses, furniture and other large expenses. If I claimed us both, married and no extra addition, I would end up owing.

I always claimed 0 deductions so that I always had a nice bonus when I got my refund.

I claim 0 at the higher single rate and have an extra $20 a month paid in, always have a nice refund which is helpful for new glasses, furniture and other large expenses. If I claimed us both, married and no extra addition, I would end up owing.

It's a pleasant surprise once a year but you're basically making an interest free loan to the Govt. and forgoing interest on that money saved in the bank.

I just filed my returns this afternoon. Completed the returns and filed electronically.

:sigh: April 15 is fast approaching, so I hauled out all the tax papers and forms, sorted them, and am steeling myself to do our federal and state taxes online.
Not sure if I'm happy or not to see that Himself isn't the only one who has done taxes! I need to kick it into high-gear nagging phase to make sure he gets on them. With only one month of income (social security, so we aren't talking millions here :LOL: )and nearly a full year payments for ACA health insurance premiums, I'm figuring we should get something back since the gubmint did say they would credit you for the premium payments based on income. I sure hope I'm right, since Himself is in the middle of getting a crown and I should go to the dentist to get a chipped tooth fixed. :wacko:
dirty-snow-rosanne.jpg

Done!
That was close.Poor guy has to have grilled hot dogs/buns,with a side of chili and apple pie I made yesterday. With an additional side of cheezy tater tots.

Reading about all the taxes everyone here are filing for I wonder when we see our lawyer what questions need to be asked on how were supposed to handle the filing when we retire.

A little insult to injury...This is funny.Laughing as I type...:LOL:
We were married on tax day!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Every year I could swear I see a tear drop fall from his eyes while he signs away his paycheck.I tell him "pay the man Dear. It will be alright.":angel::ohmy::LOL:

It's a pleasant surprise once a year but you're basically making an interest free loan to the Govt. and forgoing interest on that money saved in the bank.

I just filed my returns this afternoon. Completed the returns and filed electronically.
I agree and mention that to my clients. However, some people just won't have the money set aside come time to pay that income tax. When you aren't earning much, it can be really hard. You look at your pay cheque and wonder how you are going to manage and that's before you put $20 aside for income tax. I know other people who always have emergencies that use up that money set aside for income tax. In those cases, I recommend having it deducted at source.

I agree and mention that to my clients. However, some people just won't have the money set aside come time to pay that income tax...

I'm not suggesting people underpay and save the money in a savings account. Just that they pay more accurately so the tax return shows a minimal amount of tax to be refunded or paid.

When my oldest was just starting out earning, she had to pay some amount of tax with her return. She complained her girlfriend, who earned the same, was getting a refund and that wasn't fair. I explained the "pay me now or pay me later" aspect of taxes and that calmed her down a bit.

Both taxes and my car inspection/registration/taxes are due April 15th. Somehow I have managed to get it all done early! Stickers for my license plate came in yesterday, now just to remember to put them on before the 15th!

I keep forgetting to stop by the credit union to deposit a big check to send to my credit card company for all my mom's moving expenses. I drive by a branch every day to and from work. It's even on the correct side of the road when I'm going home, but I never remember to stop. I usually go do it on my day off... :wacko:

I'm working on 2 red velvet cakes to take to work tomorrow. Our store manager has been moved to another store, he has been a really great manager. We're having a going away party for him and he loves my red velvet cake. They are replacing him with the worst person that they could pick, I don't mind strict, but this guy is just plain awful to deal with. :mad:

My mom had my grandfather's knives in her stuff. Since my dad passed away they have been neglected and got rusty, so I'm working on sprucing them up, maybe find a way to display them.

Last edited:
I'm sitting on pins and needles today. A chef is test driving one of the meals I developed. I hope the chef, the sous chef, and the photographer like it. I was banned from the kitchen (not really--I said that it needed to be prepared by s/one else--but I did send three or four emails of tweaks I would like to do now that I've had time to think about it). I can't wait to see the pics! Not sure I want to hear the critiques....
I got four out of four for my Swedish-influenced lamb chops and sides. I was going to share the recipe if it wasn't tested and accepted, but now I can't. Once the picture is published, I will share that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom