What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got four out of four for my Swedish-influenced lamb chops and sides. I was going to share the recipe if it wasn't tested and accepted, but now I can't. Once the picture is published, I will share that.
:w00t2: Gi' us a hint. What makes it Swedish influenced?

Dill and lemon, TL. Take away making it a stew and use lamb chops, well, it really is only influenced by the dill and lemon. No egg, no veggies. Sides spring salad with roasted radishes, etc., and oven-roasted potato with garlic butter.

It's a pleasant surprise once a year but you're basically making an interest free loan to the Govt. and forgoing interest on that money saved in the bank.

I just filed my returns this afternoon. Completed the returns and filed electronically.

I understand Andy...but come time for the payout the money in savings will be used for an emergency during the year, not collected and saved for our eyeglasses, dental work, etc. I do put as much as I can in my 401K.

Shrek is really good at "saving" money until he sees something he wants. Last year his "savings" was big enough I could pay cash for a Lift Recliner when his health was failing, paying cash allowed me to take advantage of a 15% discount off the price and delivery charge.

The time before, the "savings" let me buy the needed things to make the apartment more accessible when he had surgery and pay out of pocket for his dressing change needs. To be clear, the "savings" comes from my paychecks, not his SS payments.

I have been up to the hospital every night this week. my best friend is up there with pnemonia. her levels are way to elevated as well as her blood pressure. She has had 2 kidney transplants, the last one was from her daughter.

My prayers are on the way. :angel: for your friend. Right now she needs one to look down and care for her. I firmly believe we all have an angel that looks down on us each day.

With two kidney transplanted, she has a battle on her hands and she needs all the prayers that can be sent on their way for her. Do let her daughter know that there are folks who are sending prayers for her. :angel:

SB, sending healing thoughts and prayers. :wub:

OMGosh....been seriously planning for 3 weeks to get family together for one day together during spring break...not everyone can just take time off whenever and fortunately we're all in SoCal....one son in law is a cop, another is a fireman, several of the littles are in preschool, one daughter is a teacher....well, we finally got all our ducks in a row and will all get to meet up at my oldest daughters in Santa Clarita tomorrow. Win! See y'all in a couple of days. :)

Last edited:
I have been up to the hospital every night this week. my best friend is up there with pnemonia...
I'll keep her (and all who care about her) in my prayers. Hang in there...

...meet up at my oldest daughters in Santa Clarita tomorrow. Win! See y'all in a couple of days. :)
How very nice, Cheryl! Enjoy your time and make sure we get to see pics of your grandkids' smiling faces.

What CG said Cheryl.

I am sitting here playing stupid games on the computer listening to the news. A bad tornado in Illinois. So I was concerned about one of our members who lives in Galena. I Googled how far it was away from the tornado. Thankfully she is safe and sound. Sixty-nine miles away. :angel:

Thank you, CG and Addie! :)

7:45 here now and ready to hit the road. Can't wait to kiss my sweet grandsons cute little faces! Got my Costco and Trader Joe's list all ready, I'm sure I'll get at least twice as much as what's on there. :rolleyes::LOL:

Thank you, CG and Addie! :)

7:45 here now and ready to hit the road. Can't wait to kiss my sweet grandsons cute little faces! Got my Costco and Trader Joe's list all ready, I'm sure I'll get at least twice as much as what's on there. :rolleyes::LOL:

Just make sure you have tons and tons of fun with the little one. :angel:

When I was working, I always managed my payroll deductions so we would come close to breaking even, so no big refunds for us. As soon as DH sees money in a savings account he sees something he just has to have. After DH retired and I was still working, he set up to have taxes deducted from his pension check, which helped so we didn't owe at the end of the year. Now that I'm also retired, we are in a -0- tax bracket, but still file to get back the money withheld from his pension. If I had him stop those deductions, the money would be eaten up each month. This way, we receive a refund and I can use that money to pay the property taxes.

One time my step-daughter figured out that the more exemptions they claimed the more money they would get in their paycheck. Of course, at the end of the year when they owed a bundle to the IRS they didn't have it, so they quit filing. That worked great, until the IRS caught up with them and attached their wages. Now they are on a monthly payment plan to pay back all that money, plus penalty and interest. Kids!! I don't know if they've paid it off or not, but the less I know about it, the better off I am.

Last edited:
When I was working, I always managed my payroll deductions so we would come close to breaking even, so no big refunds for us. As soon as DH sees money in a savings account he sees something he just has to have. After DH retired and I was still working, he set up to have taxes deducted from his pension check, which helped so we didn't owe at the end of the year. Now that I'm also retired, we are in a -0- tax bracket, but still file to get back the money withheld from his pension. If I had him stop those deductions, the money would be eaten up each month. This way, we receive a refund and I can use that money to pay the property taxes.

One time my step-daughter figured out that the more exemptions they claimed the more money they would get in their paycheck. Of course, at the end of the year when they owed a bundle to the IRS they didn't have it, so they quit filing. That worked great, until the IRS caught up with them and attached their wages. Now they are on a monthly payment plan to pay back all that money, plus penalty and interest. Kids!! I don't know if they've paid it off or not, but the less I know about it, the better off I am.

The IRS does catch up with you eventually. When I stopped working, two years later I got a letter from IRS telling me that according to their records I hadn't filed for the past two year. If they had really looked they would see that I was collecting SS and that I was retired. About a month later I received a letter of apology from the agent that had my case. I had the feeling that he was new on the job. Since when does the IRS apologize for anything. :angel:

Finished the taxes, filed them online, now I'm cleaning the fridge since it's about as empty as it gets. Where did all this sticky gunk come from?

Pilots & Paws

My copilot and I will be picking up 4 dogs in Long Beach tomorrow and flying them to new homes in Bakersfield.
Previously, we have flown a Doberman and an Australian cattle dog to new homes

My copilot and I will be picking up 4 dogs in Long Beach tomorrow and flying them to new homes in Bakersfield.
Previously, we have flown a Doberman and an Australian cattle dog to new homes

If you find a herd of Corgis, I have a place for them.

This is such a wonderful service you provide.

Back
Top Bottom