What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i pretty much wasted the day. plans changed several times. i gave up and took a nap. thinking about leaving the dishes and pile in my cave to read.

sorry for you loss rock. it is hard to lose friends. it takes a lot of time to feel better.

Princess Fiona,

I believe it is time to get a dish washer, either brand new one on sale or a 2nd hand dish washer with guarantee / warranty ! This solves this issue rapidly ...

Shrek: I have a few words for you today. This dirty dishes issue, is totally an uncool, uncooth and lousey way treat lovely Fiona !

Kind regards and Happy 17th ...
Margi.

Last edited:
First of all, thanks to everyone for your advice and encouragement.

Yesterday had many challenges in it - some related to Dad and some not. I got through it though and that is the main thing. I have to look on that positive side.

So, today I am able to handle the tasks that seemed so difficult yesterday. What's different? I have no idea except that I gave into things yesterday and looked after myself.

On top of the Dad errands I am making a trip to a brand new cake supply store - that is ALWAYS good for what ails me!

Oh, PF the Jourrnal idea is great. I am actually going through all the old photo albums and Dad's music collection to find things for a tribute video my BFF's son is putting together for me. It is bringing smiles to my face as I see certain pictures. Listening to his music (something we shared a passion for) brought back a ton of memories too. One song I am using for sure is Nat and Natalie Cole's "Unforgettable". Kind of appropriate on several levels :).

Thanks, everybody. He was 49. I hadn't been in touch with him lately. I thought for sure we would meet again. Friends since we were kids.

Losing friends really hurts, hurts more when they are too young.

Picking up my birthday dress from the post office. :)

Funny, I have my birthday suit with me all the time! ;)

My day is going to be quiet today until about 430. I'm going to putter around tidying and cleaning up, doing laundry and one little trip out to the library. Then at 430 I'm off to volunteer at a bingo for our community league. Hope its a quiet one!

Waiting for UPS to come and pickup my birthday present. My travel wheelchair arrived yesterday. Everything was perfect except for one little thing. The belt had only one half of the closing clip. I was willing to accept it that way rather than send it back. Son#1 gave me one of those looks that you give a kid like, "Are you kidding?" He repacked it, went on line, got the return document and sealed it up. "Ma, what if you hit a bump. You will go flying out of the chair. You need that belt. And you shouldn't be willing to settle for defective stuff." I hate it when I am wrong and someone else is right. It's a good thing he was here or I would have just accepted it rather than go through the bother of repacking it.

So now I have to wait for the refund to be credited to my daughter's credit card, then reorder it, and wait some more. Grrr! :(

Princess Fiona,

I believe it is time to get a dish washer, either brand new one on sale or a 2nd hand dish washer with guarantee / warranty ! This solves this issue rapidly ...

Shrek: I have a few words for you today. This dirty dishes issue, is totally an uncool, uncooth and lousey way treat lovely Fiona !

Kind regards and Happy 17th ...
Margi.

Thanks Margi!

I will tell him you said so!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hugs,
Fiona

'Tis said by the sisterhood! Use it's power! Dance the zucchini dance to celebrate it's truth!:LOL:

I'm not sure what the zucchini dance is, but I agree ;)

PF: Did you know that modern dishwashers are more efficient (in terms of water and power) than hand washing?

Back
Top Bottom