"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #11411
Chef Extraordinaire

I just got out of the shower. I have a bunch of things that need doing. But I don't want to do any of them. I did have to call my credit union. I have to make some major changes to my accounts. My daughter is listed as a coholder and she is in no condition to take care of any financial needs if I should go tomorrow. So I had to add Spike.

I also need to vacuum. Once again I washed the tissues in the pockets. So when I shook out the wet laundry, I now have a snow bank of tissue. Oh so much joy! And to think I did this to myself.

What I really want to do is get back to my sewing. I haven't touched it since the surgery last December. But if I pick that up, I won't get anything else done. Time to step away from the computer and get busy.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #11412
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
...I don't understand why you don't like to drive in Boston. Sure our streets are just paved over paths. But you don't run into the cows anymore....
You ARE talking real cows, right? 'Cuz some of those rather tubby tourists....

Himself and I have vacationed in New England since 1975 or 1976, visiting before and with kids, camping or staying with friends or in motels. In those nearly 4 decades we have noticed a very heavy increase in tourists. Even more so, a large increase in crazy native drivers. And don't even get me going on "entitled" pedestrians. People, you have the right of way when you are IN a crosswalk and WITH the traffic light if one is there, NOT whenever you feel like it wherever you want! Rarely go that way anymore - much prefer heading to the south and walking the RI area.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #11413
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
..am headed to my studio to finish the window treatments for our double front doors.....They are soooooo close to being done. I would like to finish them by the end of the afternoon. That's my plan.
I am so impressed with your skills! Threading a needle has been a challenge for me over the years and I am so in awe of skilled seamstress work. You will post pics when you're done, right?
Old 06-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #11414
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
...Even more so, a large increase in crazy native drivers. And don't even get me going on "entitled" pedestrians. People, you have the right of way when you are IN a crosswalk and WITH the traffic light if one is there, NOT whenever you feel like it wherever you want!...

Clearly you're a visitor to MA. "The pedestrian has the right-of-way" is a clear and unambiguous statement. There are no qualifiers in the statement. It's the motorists' job to not hit pedestrians and swear at them at the top of their lungs! If you're going to live among the natives, you have to understand and accept the culture.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #11415
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplainbill View Post
...Seem to have recovered from my 4 day bout with loss of appetite, blurred vision, shortness of breath, and wandering aches and pains.....
Um, you did get checked out by a doctor, right? You do do tick checks every time you come back in from outside, right? Sounds suspicious, but could be a lot of different things. But Lyme can be ugly. Himself felt like garbage for a month before anything that smacked him in the face (rash) sent him to the doc's. Fortunately, a regime of antibiotics took care of it and he hasn't seemed to be bothered by it since - it's been about 6-7 years.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #11416
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Well, now we know which endo they did the scopy at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I suppose you could reflux at either end.

Hope you get good news, PF, and that your problem gets solved!
That's what I get for posting under the influence this morning. Tomorrow I get to have my eyes dilated...
Old 06-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #11417
Master Chef

Quote:
Clearly you're a visitor to MA. "The pedestrian has the right-of-way" is a clear and unambiguous statement. There are no qualifiers in the statement. It's the motorists' job to not hit pedestrians and swear at them at the top of their lungs! If you're going to live among the natives*, you have to understand and accept the culture.
Yup, so far it's been a 13 year vacation! Actually, I've seen the signs. Problem is, people in the towns either side of us have this "I can do it!!!" attitude when they cross, shooting you evil looks while strolling slowly and checking their cellphones. So I got MA's driver's handbook you can have to check all the laws and regulations. HaHa you jaywalkers, the law states you have to be IN a crosswalk. The law states that if you are crossing at a light you must cross WITH the green and cannot impede the flow of traffic when the light is in their favor. By law I could smack that 20-something, droopy-panted, backwards-wearing hat punk with the smug look when he is smack dab between two crosswalks that are a mere 40 feet apart! Then I realize this state has way more lawyers in it needs and I don't want to generate a case - 'cuz you know one of them is gonna crawl out of the woodwork.

* If they were "natives" I would think they should have some idea of how to speak the language...
Old 06-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #11418
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Yup, so far it's been a 13 year vacation! Actually, I've seen the signs. Problem is, people in the towns either side of us have this "I can do it!!!" attitude when they cross, shooting you evil looks while strolling slowly and checking their cellphones. So I got MA's driver's handbook you can have to check all the laws and regulations. HaHa you jaywalkers, the law states you have to be IN a crosswalk. The law states that if you are crossing at a light you must cross WITH the green and cannot impede the flow of traffic when the light is in their favor. By law I could smack that 20-something, droopy-panted, backwards-wearing hat punk with the smug look when he is smack dab between two crosswalks that are a mere 40 feet apart! Then I realize this state has way more lawyers in it needs and I don't want to generate a case - 'cuz you know one of them is gonna crawl out of the woodwork.

* If they were "natives" I would think they should have some idea of how to speak the language...
The driver's handbook has no standing here. They had to print that. They don't expect anyone to pay attention to it.

We were here first so we speak our language the way it's suppose to be spoken. You're on our turf, you're the one with the accent.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #11419
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
The driver's handbook has no standing here. They had to print that. They don't expect anyone to pay attention to it.

We were here first so we speak our language the way it's suppose to be spoken. You're on our turf, you're the one with the accent.
So true Andy. We started the language with the Pilgrims. What folks did to it when they went west is not our fault. We have kept it pure. If a Pilgrim were to step back on the "Rock" today, he/she would understand every word we speak. And so would our Native Americans. We taught them the correct way to speak our language.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #11420
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

A primer:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1140696072.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	18064