What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure what the zucchini dance is, but I agree ;)

PF: Did you know that modern dishwashers are more efficient (in terms of water and power) than hand washing?

Yes, I do know that...I also know how big the kitchen is in this apartment.:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I'm not sure what the zucchini dance is, but I agree ;)
I'm not sure either but it has something to do with going out into a corn field at night on a full moon, with the zucchinis the neighbors stashed in your car, music, dancing, costumes celebrating women/sisters--like the ya ya sisterhood. :LOL:

Our ice maker saved us from divorce for at least 8 years. Appliances save marriages.:)

Is that service or what? I got my wheelchair after five p.m. yesterday. It had to go back. The seat belt was broken. Son #1 printed out the return bar code, repackaged and wrapped the chair up, sealed the carton. So tonight at eight p.m., my doorbell rings and it is Jack, my favorite UPS man. He takes the box, put the return label on it and leaves me the new wheelchair. Amazon must have expressed it overnight from PA. I thought I would have to reorder a new one. That is what it said on the Amazon site. "Your credit card will be credited and you can reorder the item."

I am impressed. Now I have to wait until tomorrow for Son #1 to come and open it for me. The package is way to big for me to handle. And I have been having bouts of angina today. So why push my luck. Here's hoping that this one is all right. :)

Is that service or what? I got my wheelchair after five p.m. yesterday. It had to go back. The seat belt was broken. Son #1 printed out the return bar code, repackaged and wrapped the chair up, sealed the carton. So tonight at eight p.m., my doorbell rings and it is Jack, my favorite UPS man. He takes the box, put the return label on it and leaves me the new wheelchair. Amazon must have expressed it overnight from PA. I thought I would have to reorder a new one. That is what it said on the Amazon site. "Your credit card will be credited and you can reorder the item."

I am impressed. Now I have to wait until tomorrow for Son #1 to come and open it for me. The package is way to big for me to handle. And I have been having bouts of angina today. So why push my luck. Here's hoping that this one is all right. :)

Cool, Addie! I think I'd go nuts not being able to open a package!

So many times when I see shoppers-for-homes on HGTV complaining that the kitchen in the prospective new home is too small, I think uncharitable thoughts about spoiled people, or, perhaps more charitably, inexperienced people. So many wonderful dishes come from teeny, tiny kitchens. For example, those chefs on Chopped can just barely turn around in the space they're given and turn out world-class food (I'm ignoring the spacious pantry & fridge) in record time.

So many times when I see shoppers-for-homes on HGTV complaining that the kitchen in the prospective new home is too small, I think uncharitable thoughts about spoiled people, or, perhaps more charitably, inexperienced people. So many wonderful dishes come from teeny, tiny kitchens. For example, those chefs on Chopped can just barely turn around in the space they're given and turn out world-class food (I'm ignoring the spacious pantry & fridge) in record time.

Small kitchen? They should come and live in a studio for the elderly. I am very fortunate in that I have one of the largest kitchens in the building. Some only have counter space no wider than a narrow cabinet. So what I don't get sunshine through my windows. I get to cook in my big kitchen. I even have empty cabinets. The older you get, you either become very grateful for what you have or very bitter for what you lost. I am one of the grateful ones. I could be on the other side of the building where the summer sun comes blaring in and you roast even with the AC on full blast.

I am still alive and with modern medicine, I am feeling really good. I get the usual arse aches that come with old age. But that is what is supposed to happen. Getting old is hard work. No one promised me an easy life. :angel:

I opened the package. I was so surprised. It is a birthday present from a very special friend. Not the wheelchair after all. I almot started to cry. :angel:

Cool! I bet that friend feels very good about being able to surprise you!:)

Small kitchen? They should come and live in a studio for the elderly. I am very fortunate in that I have one of the largest kitchens in the building. Some only have counter space no wider than a narrow cabinet. So what I don't get sunshine through my windows. I get to cook in my big kitchen. I even have empty cabinets. The older you get, you either become very grateful for what you have or very bitter for what you lost. I am one of the grateful ones. I could be on the other side of the building where the summer sun comes blaring in and you roast even with the AC on full blast.

I am still alive and with modern medicine, I am feeling really good. I get the usual arse aches that come with old age. But that is what is supposed to happen. Getting old is hard work. No one promised me an easy life. :angel:
Bless you for your positive attitude about life.

Thank you. We have a couple of "old" people here. They are actually younger than me. But they walk around full of anger because they are aging. I stay away from them. I love all the privileges that come with getting old. And combine that with being handicap, it is great. Specially that I can say things and get away with it.

I am having fun now. My kids are grown and self sufficient. I can see the grand kids and know that they will be going home in a matter of an hour or two. I get to run the streets with my scooter and terrorize everyone. I can eat what and when I want. No lunches to pack for work or school. But my favorite thing to do is make a run to the store and when I pass someone who is walking or sitting on their front steps, I slow down and give them a big smile and a cheerful "Good Morning/afternoon." It is the last thing they expect from a total stranger. You can't do that when you stay inside and complain all day, every day. Sometimes if I see someone walking, I slow down to their pace and start up a conversation. One day there was an elderly man sitting on is steps with his walker next to him. He was trying to stand using his walker for balance. I stopped and got off my scooter. I helped him get to his feet. Then I made sure he was going to be all right before I went on my way.

I am always up to making a date with the devil in me. I love to say or do things that make people think. I don't want to harm them. Just shake up their brain a little bit. Their reactions make me laugh in return. I have a sense of humor and I never want to lose it. :cool:

Addie, you remind me of my paternal grandmother. She had to go into an old people's home because she had cataracts* and they made her blind. She hated it there because, as she put it, it was full of old people. She was the oldest resident. :LOL:

*This was in the 1980s. The doctors didn't want to perform cataract surgery on her because back then they did a general anaesthetic and they didn't like to do that to someone her age. She tried to explain that she understood the risk, but what was the point of being alive if she was blind? She thought it was worth the risk. She only lived to 104. Her doctor had expected her to live to 130, but she wasn't getting as much exercise when she couldn't see to go for long walks and without the ability to see, she had less motivation to live. She had outlived her friends and made friends with their kids and then outlived them.

Addie, you remind me of my paternal grandmother. She had to go into an old people's home because she had cataracts* and they made her blind. She hated it there because, as she put it, it was full of old people. She was the oldest resident. :LOL:
My Dad had an uncle who lived to within 4 days of his 101st birthday. They took his driver's license away from him at 95 and he was furious! Said that he could out drive anyone 1/3 his age. So, he took the test and passed! Unfortunately a year later he was put into a home because he wasn't able to care for himself properly. He also hated it there because everyone acted old and befuddled. He also was the oldest one there but when we went to celebrate his 99th birthday, he had a mind as sharp as a tack.

My girlfriend's father is 90. He is still driving and goes to work every day. Doesn't miss a day at the office. You don't want to have to negotiate with him. You will lose. :ohmy:

Im sitting in my garden today, because it is warm enough and cooking the type of high calorie food we treat ourselves to every Sunday.

Mel:yum:

I'm just out of bed and thankful that there is no headache this morning! I've got my coffee and my laptop, life is good!

Trying to decide if I am awake enough to do things (what I'm not sure). I was so proud of myself, I walked straight onto the kitchen and got what I needed to get my coffee. I got back to the coffee pot and I was carrying the cat food fork, not my coffee cup.

So, I'm wondering if there is anyway I can mainline coffee before I get out of bed...:wacko::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom