What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PF, how far is it to shop for groceries, etc.? It sounds like you may have to shop to cover longer periods of time.

How about restaurants?

PF, how far is it to shop for groceries, etc.? It sounds like you may have to shop to cover longer periods of time.

How about restaurants?

The city I will be working in is 20 minutes away, there are grocery stores and restaurants. I will still be able to shop on my way home, same as always. Costco unfortunately will be 2.5 hours away. No more quick rotisserie chicken. Pet Smart is 1.5 hours away in Cheyenne. Walmart in Scottsbluff, Nebraska, takes about 30 minutes to get there.

I may find that some foods are not as available, I have a good stock of chipotle powder, since that was what I couldn't find last time.

The city I will be working in is 20 minutes away, there are grocery stores and restaurants. I will still be able to shop on my way home, same as always. Costco unfortunately will be 2.5 hours away. No more quick rotisserie chicken. Pet Smart is 1.5 hours away in Cheyenne. Walmart in Scottsbluff, Nebraska, takes about 30 minutes to get there.

I may find that some foods are not as available, I have a good stock of chipotle powder, since that was what I couldn't find last time.

I feel your pain about Costco. Our nearest one used to be 3 hours away. Now we have one 45 minutes away. It's an ugly stepsister though, and doesn't always have the same stuff as the farther one does.

The beauty is the van my Mom has and we can run down and back the same day. Every other month won't be bad and it will save me some money. Costco is too easy for me right now and I can always find a reason to go out there.

The beauty is the van my Mom has and we can run down and back the same day. Every other month won't be bad and it will save me some money. Costco is too easy for me right now and I can always find a reason to go out there.

That's why I'm good with our closest Costco being an hour and a half away. :ermm::LOL:

We probably do Costco every 3-4 months, now that we have one less than an hour away. We survive. The rotisserie chicken, not so much.

Thankfully, the toilet paper and paper towels last a long time!

Last edited:
We probably do Costco every 3-4 months, now that we have one less than an hour away. We survive. The rotisserie chicken, not so much.

Thankfully, the toilet paper and paper towels last a long time!

I have enough TP and PT to last a long time! Plus their mega sizes of shampoo, rinse, body wash, lotion, and makeup remover towelettes. :) My daughter told me they have a really good cinnamon in their spice section, I haven't tried it yet.

Wow.....has everyone gone to bed early tonight? :ermm::LOL:

I'm still resting on my laurels. I may have gotten the second place that I bid on as the guy who beat me by 2 seconds with the auction hasn't shown up yet. In Cozumel which has been our fave for 10 years. The hotel scares me. The hotel is huge, has a fitness room, game room, and each personal room is ocean front with two balconies, 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. We may have to invite some other folks. We're used to slumming it downtown in a cheap sleazy hotel, now we'll be rubbing shoulders with the rich folk.

We're just a couple of old hippies. I'm not buying any new clothes.

Last edited:
I'm still resting on my laurels. I may have gotten the second place that I bid on as the guy who beat me by 2 seconds with the auction hasn't shown up yet. In Cozumel which has been our fave for 10 years. The hotel scares me. The hotel is huge, has a fitness room, game room, and each personal room is ocean front with two balconies, 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. We may have to invite some other folks. We're used to slumming it downtown in a cheap sleazy hotel, now we'll be rubbing shoulders with the rich folk.

We're just a couple of old hippies. I'm not buying any new clothes.

From one old hippie to another :LOL: - if it's a good enough deal, I wouldn't mind laying my head on a nicer pillow at night. :LOL: I wouldn't buy new clothes, either....LOL....Good luck on your bid, Dawg. You two won't spend much time in the hotel anyway, you'll be out snorkeling, sightseeing, and restauranting...:yum:

Last edited:
...We're just a couple of old hippies. I'm not buying any new clothes.
Why wear clothes at all? Oh, never mind. Probably the same reason why I wouldn't participate in National Garden Naked Day on Saturday. :LOL:

Cheryl, you know you can rely on me being a night owl! We ran around to Wegmans grocery store and TJs to pick up a few things after an afternoon Mass. By the time we had supper, watched the news, and cleaned up the kitchen I never got to the computer until 1:30 AM. And now I'm sleepy, so goodnight all!

Awww, that's so cute. Not only a laundry, but a whole big laundry ROOM! That's going to save you so much time.

I can hardly wait to see how the place looks after you get all moved in.

I shop 3 days a week for the company. I know where I can find everything, but if it is a Costco request, I send that back to the boss. He has a membership, I don't!

I have a Costco's and a BJ's just minutes away from where I live. BJ's is within walking distance for me. Costco's not so much. I don't have a membership in either one. Every so often BJ's sends through the mail a 60 day free trial with coupons for items I never use. I went there once and it was enough for me. I did buy an item that I had received a coupon for.

BJ's is located on a major highway. A1 can take me to Maine if only my scooter wouldn't run out of juice. But every time I go somewhere along that route, my kids have a fit. There is a sidewalk all the way, and I really don't feel in any danger except for all the exhaust fumes. I think the most interesting time to travel along that route would be between four and five-thirty. That is when all the accidents happen. But I am not that foolhardy.
A few vehicles have flipped right over onto the sidewalk.

We also have a roadway in downtown Boston called Storrow Drive. It has some very low overhead foot bridges and tunnels. There are VERY BIG signs telling you the height of the lowest bridge and even gives you a turnoff if you truck is not low enough. Sure enough, some jerk who knows it all will try to make it through and off comes the top of the truck. Pirate was beside one such truck today. He grabbed his phone, and yelled out his window as he drove by, "Smile"! Big fine for the truck driver, plus the cost of cleaning up the mess and the loss of his job. And now the traffic is backup for miles. Makes me so glad I never learned how to drive. :angel:

Andy, it is 6:05 in the morning and I have the news on about the massive fire in your neck of the woods at a condo complex. Anywhere near you? You were my very first thought when I saw the name pop up. :angel:

I got a look at that truck that tried to go through the overhead bridge. The stupid jerk didn't even stop when he heard the top of his truck being ripped off. He was more than halfway through when he finally stopped. Sorry about the name calling, but it is the only one that is printable. :angel:

I got a look at that truck that tried to go through the overhead bridge. The stupid jerk didn't even stop when he heard the top of his truck being ripped off. He was more than halfway through when he finally stopped. Sorry about the name calling, but it is the only one that is printable. :angel:

We have a bridge in our sister city that claims a lot of trucks as its victims! It's not like there isn't a big sign warning them or anything... :rolleyes:

I shop 3 days a week for the company. I know where I can find everything, but if it is a Costco request, I send that back to the boss. He has a membership, I don't!

I got my first Costco card as a gift from a co-worker, she added me onto her account. I think you can have up tp 4 cards on an account for nothing extra. Have your boss check into that and see if he can get you a card on his account.

Awww, that's so cute. Not only a laundry, but a whole big laundry ROOM! That's going to save you so much time.

I can hardly wait to see how the place looks after you get all moved in.

Needs exterior paint, will have to find out how to treat stucco. The front I will be able to paint, thinking of a pale green or lilac color.

As for the laundry room...I really hate laundry.

Needs exterior paint, will have to find out how to treat stucco. The front I will be able to paint, thinking of a pale green or lilac color.

As for the laundry room...I really hate laundry.

With a little paint and a couple of cobwebs the laundry room could be converted to a cozy dungeon for a mature ogre. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

London-Dungeon.jpg

I got my first Costco card as a gift from a co-worker, she added me onto her account. I think you can have up tp 4 cards on an account for nothing extra. Have your boss check into that and see if he can get you a card on his account.
Oh! Good point. I know that his spouse card is assigned to the other person who sources stuff, but she doesn't have a car...

Back
Top Bottom