"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #11541
Chef Extraordinaire

What the heck?!
That giraffe looks like it's dead
But it does get the point across.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #11542
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm watching that Man vs Food show and they just cooked an onion burger on a griddle. I am so going to buy myself a griddle to cook on.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #11543
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Just got back from the dentist. He drained the abscess and pulled the tooth. He also changed my antibiotic to something more suitable to the type of infection.

I am still feeling sick all over, and very tired, but relieved that it is gone. Two abscesses, one third of the tooth chipping off and a root canal over a year is enough hassle for one tooth.

I am going to make TB's sandwiches and then take a long nap.
I'm glad you got it fixed, Laurie! Time to rest and let the antibiotic work. Hugs!
Old 06-19-2013, 01:12 AM   #11544
Executive Chef

Just came in from working in the yard. Potted up three planters that sit on the driveway and cleaned out two planters on the front porch that still has last years dead annuals in them. They also each had a spike that wintered over but needed a "haircut", so did that too. Watered the two front hanging baskets and all the newly potted up planters and watered the veggie garden, swept the front porch and walk and some of the driveway where I made a mess doing my potting.......whew! I'm pooped! I feel like I have spiders/bugs crawling all over me :(
Old 06-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #11545
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

At work and very sleepy, got up early to get mom to the airport. She must have made all of her flights because I haven't heard from her!

I had to get up early and I didn't sleep well, paranoid that I'd over sleep, time sensitive things trigger mild anxiety. But the up side is that this will be a lazy evening chilling out and just watching some TV that I need to catch up on.

It was a good visit with mom, I get to see her again in two months when we go home to get married!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #11546
Cook

How to get rid of Hornets and wasps.

Sorry I am back tracking to the Hornet's nest, I dont know if I am configured right but as soon as I clicked the link, that was the first thing I saw.

Farmers Almanac says to get a beer can with half full beer, and tie mint flavor floss, and hang it to the ceiling. The wasps will be attracted to the beer, fly in, get drunk, and not get out.

It never said why to use Mint floss though.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #11547
Chef Extraordinaire

I just got done rooting around in the upstairs freezer and found a chub of Jimmy Dean sausage. No doubt bought on sale, because there were three more right behind it. I needed some sausage for dinner, so I'm going to give it a go. It can't be any worse off than the scallops I bought at the town store, lol.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #11548
Chef Extraordinaire

Getting ready to throw some burgers on the grill for supper
Old 06-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #11549
Chef Extraordinaire

I just finished frying up the sausage, onions and jalapenos for my stuffed mushrooms. I gave it a taste test and the sausage seems fine.
Watching a little A Few Good Men now.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #11550
Executive Chef

I'm getting re-acquainted with my desk top computer. Last Saturday night I found my laptop screen had quit functioning. I took a day to mull over what to do and decided to sacrifice my eating table and desk and get my computer set up. I was able to find most of it, everything but the speakers, in the storage unit. So yesterday I had a feller over and was up and running in less than an hour. Today I have been updating the MS Money program and copying some things on my scanner/printer/copier. The keyboard, monitor and back up battery fit snugly on the table, the computer is on the floor, and the copier is on the desk. Haven't figured out a long term solution for eating space yet