What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just use a rolling garment rack similar to this, but without the top shelf: Buy Portable & Adjustable Garment Rack from Bed Bath & Beyond I have two of them, one in the basement for when I take clothes from the washer or dryer, the other upstairs so I can dry shirts quicker. I air-dry almost all of our clothes, except for underwear, towels, and sheets. I fluff shirts and dress pants in the dryer on air for about 10-15 minutes, then take the stuff out and put each item on a hanger - the plastic ones with swivel hooks and rounded shoulders. Once the shirts are dry, I can pop them right into the closet. Pants/jeans get clipped onto skirt hangers.

My SIL used to do ironing to pick up extra money. She has one of the commercial grade, two-rail types that is built like a tank. :LOL:

I love to iron. I still iron my clothes. Because of the psoriasis, all of my clothing is 100% cotton. Polyester and other man made fabrics irritate my skin so badly, that I break out all over in a hideous rash. :angel:

I am going crazy. I had a strip of stamps that Spike gave me the other night. I used one and now I can't find the rest. It is so unlike me to lose small things like that. Those stamps have a place and they are not there. Like my hand can opener and scissors. I always know where those items are along with my mailbox key. :wacko: I am sure they will show up one day when I don't need them. Then I will definitely put them where they belong! :angel:

Well, I found the stamps. They were right where I put them. Of course! Only they were face down.

So my next project was the stove. Underneath the burners was a large pool of grease. I knew it couldn't wait another day. I wouldn't be able to sleep for fear of a grease fire. Pirate had to be the one who spilt it. I very rarely fry anything. And when I do, I use very little grease. Steam or bake. I got my restaurant spatula with the very sharp edge and started to scrape up the mess. Oh dear Lord, someone please come and shoot me. I sprayed it with Easy Off and let it sit for 30 minutes. Then I took a cleaning rag after I scraped up all the gunk and finished the job. I put down some foil on the bottom, and cleaned under the top cover. Looks like a new stove. Now I have to tackle the drip trays Those have been sitting with Easy Off for about three hours. A couple of Brillo pads and the top of the stove will be done. Then I am taking a nice long nap. I hate cleaning stoves. Notice I haven't mentioned the oven. That is for another day. But that is easy. I have a drip disposable tray on the bottom. And a Brillo pad after I spray EO on the window.

The next time I get a bright idea, I will give all of you warning. Someone better show up at my door and stop me. Even if you have to put me in a straight jacket and have me committed. BTW, the cleaning rag is now in the trash. :angel:

Just think of not having to lug that basket of laundry in and out of the car in the freezing cold of winter over snow banks. :angel:

Just thinking...when I was in my 20s I lived in an apartment with no laundry facilities for 2 1/2 years, but I can only remember going to the laundromat once. I wonder if I'm getting that senile that I just can't remember, or if I really only went once. I remember it because that was the time I put my underwear in with my blue jeans, not knowing that they didn't go together. I had gray/blue undies until I could afford to buy new ones.

I remember in grad school I lived in a tiny studio apartment with a laundry facility. It was above a bar and furniture store. A couple guys threw their stuff into the dryer that I PAID FOR and already had my clothes in it. I ripped their stuff out of MY dryer, and banged on their door and screamed at them. Later I found out they were part of a big Cuban burglary ring, and were illegals. They popped through the roof of the furniture store and stole a bunch of stuff.

Just catching up back several pages here. Wow I've missed a lot of important stuff.
PF's posts on other threads about a new kitchen sent me on a hunt.

PF..let me add my best wishes for your move to Wy. It's no good to be unhappy with your job and where you live as it only makes you and others around you unhappy too. Looks like your sweet parents found the perfect place for the two of you and I'm sure you'll excel at your new position.
Many good wishes for a happy ever after for the two of you in your great new HOME.

Thank you Kayelle!

Getting close to finishing packing. 'Bout exhausted, but have just the living room and pantry left.

Has Dad arrived yet? Take a break and relax. Take a half day with Shrek and do something together that is fun. Go take in a movie. Go to your favorite hamburger joint after. Make it your "Last Hurrah" for Montana. You both deserve it. This is a major and the last move you both are making. You won't enjoy if you both are exhausted. :angel:

Heading out to take my youngest for a Sunday brunch as part of her 40th birthday celebration. Her sister and nephew will be there too. I baked a batch of bagels for her. She loves them.

Has Dad arrived yet? Take a break and relax. Take a half day with Shrek and do something together that is fun. Go take in a movie. Go to your favorite hamburger joint after. Make it your "Last Hurrah" for Montana. You both deserve it. This is a major and the last move you both are making. You won't enjoy if you both are exhausted. :angel:

Dad coming by bus on Thursday. Will take Shrek out to Five Guys in the next couple of days.

Off to deliver more boxes to the storage unit.

Spraying my poor little Mugo pine with Pyola (organic mix of pyrithrins and canola oil). It's being totally decimated by sawfly larvae. These things are absolutely disgusting. :yuck: DH had to get out the big ladder in order to get the ones at the top as the tree is over 15 feet tall. Something satisfying to hear those larvae dropping.

Last edited:
Google image: ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1431883034.623694.jpg

Spraying my poor little Mugo pine with Pyola (organic mix of pyrithrins and canola oil). It's being totally decimated by sawfly larvae. These things are absolutely disgusting. :yuck: DH had to get out the big ladder in order to get the ones at the top as the tree is over 15 feet tall. Something satisfying to hear those larvae dropping.
Yes, yuck. I'm glad you found something organic that works. And yes, satisfying about hearing them drop, as long as they don't fall on you. :ohmy:

I'm wearing a significant amount of Pyola in my freshly washed hair. Guess I can think of it as conditioner.

Back
Top Bottom