What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Took this while on vacation... Hey, we were just driving by.:angel::LOL::LOL:

ninHHdf.jpg

Rather interesting juxtaposition for sure. Reminds me of growing up. My father was a doctor and we lived directly across the road from the undertaker. There were plenty of jokes about that. I've heard them all.

People always say that about me.Thank you. It's nice that I can make people laugh.Off line I can get people laughing so hard tears run down their face.I just comment on everything things.I guess it's the tone of my voice that gets them the most.LOL! Half the time they don't know if I'm being brutally honest or just kidding around.That's the best part.:ROFLMAO:
My husband warns them."Watch out, it's the Munky show" just let her go.

And to think I could have been an actress,but I wound up here.It's ok I don't have to look good, just need to be clear.Oh great.Eagles tunes will be stuck in my mind all day.

As far as having one built.It hasn't been discussed.I think it would be too time consuming, stressful.We just want to go.I would get the kitchen that's built just for me.I'll toss that option to my husband and see what he thinks.

Well, when you get to the age where you need one of the mobile seats that take you for a ride up to the second floor, think of all the fun the grand kids can have playing at your home. My daughter bought a two family home. She took the second floor apartment for herself because it was bigger. She failed to realize that the second floor also included an upstairs (third floor) for two of the three bedrooms. He legs are paying for it now. The set of back stairs that lead to the yard are so steep, I have to go up them on all fours. Quite a sight to see. She could definitely use an electric chair there.

Yeah, a sense of humor is an absolute necessity in life. It makes getting through life more fun. I can always find a way to turn any disaster into a joke or be able to see the funny side. One time I was at a wake for a friend that died. A bunch of us were in the smoking room. All I did was say one line that was funny. We all started to laugh so hard that the funeral home director had to come down and ask us to be a little more quiet. That only made the situation worse. We ended outside on the sidewalk until we could get ourselves under control. :angel:

Just finished making some Pistachio Fudge, which (after tasting it, um licking the bowl) makes my brother officially evil. He gave me the recipe and, holy cow, is it yummy. I'm almost tempted to sit by the refrigerator and wait while it firms up...but I won't. I'll be good.

Katie, I can't tell you how much I love Pistachio Fudge! Years ago you could buy it at a little candy shop here but it went out of business. For the longest time, I looked for pistachio extract but it seemed to be only available in huge quantities for professional use. Maybe a year ago I finally found the extract in a little bottle and ordered it from now I can't remember where. Big help, I know. :rolleyes: Anyway, I guess the hunt was more important than the find, and I forgot all about it till now. If I put your recipe in a safe place where I won't forget where I put it, I'll try to remember to make it. :wacko: I know the pistachio extract will make it perfect.

...For the longest time, I looked for pistachio extract but it seemed to be only available in huge quantities for professional use. Maybe a year ago I finally found the extract in a little bottle and ordered it from now I can't remember where. Big help, I know. :rolleyes: Anyway, I guess the hunt was more important...

Maybe you got it from here, Kayelle?

Search | OliveNation

...It's nice that I can make people laugh.Off line I can get people laughing so hard tears run down their face...
Oh, me too! I've been accused of the "I laughed so hard the tears were running down my leg" problem by some of my friends and family! :ermm: :LOL:

Too bad we don't live close. You and I could have a really fun time at some comedy club's open mike night. ;)

Oh, me too! I've been accused of the "I laughed so hard the tears were running down my leg" problem by some of my friends and family! :ermm: :LOL:

Too bad we don't live close. You and I could have a really fun time at some comedy club's open mike night. ;)

Lol, most likely so. Except that I'd be the first one bounced out.

My opening line.." Taking a break from all that laundry sure would help alot." Work with me here people! *Cheers Theme*:ROFLMAO:

Back to it..:cool:

Katie, I can't tell you how much I love Pistachio Fudge! Years ago you could buy it at a little candy shop here but it went out of business. For the longest time, I looked for pistachio extract but it seemed to be only available in huge quantities for professional use. Maybe a year ago I finally found the extract in a little bottle and ordered it from now I can't remember where. Big help, I know. :rolleyes: Anyway, I guess the hunt was more important than the find, and I forgot all about it till now. If I put your recipe in a safe place where I won't forget where I put it, I'll try to remember to make it. :wacko: I know the pistachio extract will make it perfect.

What's interesting is most commercially produced pistachio products have almond as the main flavoring component. Lots of ice creams will use almonds in place of most of the pistachios and call it "pistachio almond" however it's made I love it!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I've been up the last hour and a half (it is 6:20 am here) coughing my lungs out again, sipping on some peppermint tea with a touch of honey.

Yesterday my blood sugar was all over the map so between the two, I will be laying low today.

The good side of it is I can curl up with TB and the fur babies and watch some movies! :)

(Edit: I just re-read that - "TB and the fur babies" sounds like some weird punk band! :ROFLMAO:)

Last edited:
I am going to call my daughter in a little while and see what time she is going down into her yard. Then I am going to get dressed and head out the door to spend the afternoon with her. It is supposed to be warmer today than yesterday. Yesterday was brutal. The kind of chill that gets into your bones and doesn't want to leave. I hope who ever asked to have the heat shut off is freezing their backside off. My fingertips are so cold I can't feel the keys on the keyboard. :angel:

Just got back from our 90 minute round trip travel to Costco. It probably wasn't the best day to go, as it was rainy today and everyone and their mothers were there blocking aisles, snarfing samples, and giving me claustrophobia. We did get some good stuff in addition to the face wipes and TP we originally went to get.

Just got back from our 90 minute round trip travel to Costco. It probably wasn't the best day to go, as it was rainy today and everyone and their mothers were there blocking aisles, snarfing samples, and giving me claustrophobia. We did get some good stuff in addition to the face wipes and TP we originally went to get.
I do my best to avoid Costco on weekends. :ohmy:

I do my best to avoid Costco on weekends. :ohmy:

I'm a slow learner. But ours only has samples on the weekends, I'm cheap, and it's a free lunch!

Thinking the next Costco trip in a couple months will be on a Tuesday. Today was obscene.

I'm a slow learner. But ours only has samples on the weekends, I'm cheap, and it's a free lunch!

Thinking the next Costco trip in a couple months will be on a Tuesday. Today was obscene.
Here there aren't a lot of samples. Besides, I find them annoying, 'cause I have to read the ingredients on the package before tasting. There is soy in so much stuff it isn't funny.

Here there aren't a lot of samples. Besides, I find them annoying, 'cause I have to read the ingredients on the package before tasting. There is soy in so much stuff it isn't funny.

I'm lucky, just have to watch the sodium with the HBP, but have no other issues. I'm just too polite to tromp over people to get free food. Thinking it's the half Canadian, half midwest in me.

It probably didn't help that this is a holiday weekend.

My thoughts exactly! When the closest Costco used to be 3.5 hours away and we visited BIL outside of Chicago during Thanksgiving weekend, it was sort of expected, though not enjoyed.

Last edited:
Glenn and I are practically on our feet. We've been watching a Beach Boys 50th Anniversary concert. Omigosh, what wonderful music. They've still got IT!

I'm watching that right now! :wub: Yep, they've still got it!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom