"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #11631
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post

Don't think so but, for sure there's a reason for those little bags that are available for a "certain" purpose.

Actually, it's rare that we hear or see any aircraft here. Occasionally a military craft will fly over going to Ft. Campbell, but most of the time we have little to no skyward activity. Quite unlike the environment I was used to when I lived in Washington, DC. I definitely do not miss hearing/seeing the Medivac choppers buzz like insects overhead. It's quiet and serene here. Amen!!!!
And Google uses software to edit out"inappropriate" photos from Google Earth and their maps. Snerk

Old 06-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #11632
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I spent a lot of the day cleaning out closets. I have 3 huge trash bags full of clothes for Goodwill thus far. Am not looking forward to tackling the basement and garage.

And I do not like typing on this tiny phone, Verizon informed me I was out of wifi GB so iPad is off limits for a couple days. Grrrrr.
You have a limit on WiFi? !

Stirling doesn't even have a plan for his tablet yet. He just logs in to our home wifi. My Android phone has a one gig plan, but that only gets used when there is no wifi available.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #11633
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Be glad you have a daughter that wants to spend time with you!

Jump at every chance, don't worry about the food, focus on the company!

It's about making memories for both of you!
+1! It is not about the place or the food, it is about spending time with family. Most places will let you just split a meal or just let you order an appetizer. I have met a co worker for breakfast and just had iced tea since I had already had breakfast. Make it work for you and relax and enjoy yourself. So wonderful that she wants to go places with you.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #11634
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post

You have a limit on WiFi? !

Stirling doesn't even have a plan for his tablet yet. He just logs in to our home wifi. My Android phone has a one gig plan, but that only gets used when there is no wifi available.
Yep. We use Verizon for our home wifi service as we're out in the boonies. The alternatives we've tried didn't work.

We get 10 GB of shared everything, which means movies and streaming are off limits.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #11635
Chef Extraordinaire

I feel like I have a food hangover today. Tired & sluggish at work. Feels like I could go home & sleep the rest of the day away..Ate all the wrong foods over the weekend with not much for exercise. Trying to convince myself mind over matter this morning.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #11636
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Be glad you have a daughter that wants to spend time with you!

Jump at every chance, don't worry about the food, focus on the company!

It's about making memories for both of you!
I know. A salad is out of the question. Can't eat raw roughage. Even the slaw may be out of the question. Depends on how I feel. Right now I have a very upset stomach. Woke up with it and it won't go away. When I woke up earlier in the wee hours of the morning, I made a couple of pieces of French Toast. Couldn't even finish it. It's that bread thing again.

Right now I have a bigger problem. I have to go to Winthrop tomorrow. For the past year I have had a growth on my wrist. All of a sudden it is growing at a much faster rate than it has all year. And there is a lot of pain with it. So I have to have Winthrop know and take a look at it. More surgery in the future. Geesh. It never ends. I am sick of getting old. It is not fun.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #11637
Chef Extraordinaire

I set up my trail camera again this afternoon. It's too muggy to do much of anything.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #11638
Certified Pretend Chef

First coat of paint on the deck today. Finishing up tomorrow. Then a day of rest for the paint before we move the furniture back. Sure looks nicer than before.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #11639
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Beagle and I are in the basement. Wind and rain got wicked, and there are tornado watches all around us. Going to venture back upstairs and have a look.

Great. The watch is now a warning for our county. I have a pocketful of flashlights and the weather radio.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #11640
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Beagle and I are in the basement. Wind and rain got wicked, and there are tornado watches all around us. Going to venture back upstairs and have a look.

Great. The watch is now a warning for our county. I have a pocketful of flashlights and the weather radio.

Good thing...I don't think I want to see you and Beagle as stand-ins for The Wizard of Oz. Take care.