What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, those green 13 column spreadsheets! At the time, I actually enjoyed them, especially getting them to balance.

Today, I look back and wonder how we managed without computers. I have Excel spreadsheets for listing the books I've read, lists of food in the freezer, fridge,

Actually now that I have direct deposit, I don't need to do any kind of spreadsheet. I can check my balance by pushing a few buttons on my phone, and I know what I have available because all purchases are recorded as I make them.

I love the technical age I live in.

Most of my Excel spreadsheets are just forms to help me keep tabs on what food I have on hand.

The book list is so I don't buy another copy of a book I've already read. I keep an up to date copy in my pocket book. This is a necessity for me as I read 4 or 5 books a week.:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Z, when I was in H.S. I took a couple of college courses (Latin, Advanced English) along with the Office Studies I was taking. One of the classes was for "Office Machines." Typewriters, and adding machines, along with some others. I was telling my daughter about the adding machines. She just can't grasp what I was talking about. "You mean like a computer Ma?" :angel:

Addie, you reminded me of an old calculator that was still used in the late '60s and early '70s in Denmark. Did you ever use one of these calculators? I thought they were very nifty.

Triumphator%20CRN_sn167151_st.jpg

When I first started work in accounting in the late 60s, we used a Friden Comptometer to calculate number for those green 13 column spreadsheets.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 59
Not sure if this should be what are you doing or a vent. They both coincide with each other.

I'd like to slap the pharmaceutical companies. It would just make my day.
All those years of tolerating taking the heart meds. Living with the side effects.Being told to relax it's all part of your getting better.

My back xrays were shown to me yesterday. The damage has been done.
The constant now unrelenting pain inflammation is something that I'll now have to get used to dealing with.I'm going to try herbal supplements. Going in once a week for pressure point relaxation.

The meds caused me to loose some muscle mass. Which is causing all the inflammation. I was also told that they can see, and it will be sent to my Dr. An additional serious problem. He better get on it.

waiting for the Tylenol to kick in.

Well, that sux, Munky. Hope things get better.

I'm very pleased. My favorite swimsuit, which is black and white and "high test" came back from our last vacation with the white parts orange. Researching, there's an ingredient in sunscreen that does that. So I soaked it in Oxyclean and washed it in our high iron-containing well water. Worst thing I could do. The orange came out even darker, apparently the combination of Oxyclean and well water will do that. I was greatly annoyed, considering the suit was expensive and had a large amount of spandex.

I looked a bit more online, and found a recommendation to soak it in citric acid and water overnight, and lo and behold, the white parts are white again! Who knew? I've had the citric acid powder in the cupboard for maybe 20 years!

I'm now soaking a favorite swimsuit coverup that also has orange sunscreen stains on it, and it was washed in Oxyclean and put through the dryer several times. If the citric acid works on it as well, I'm buying more!

Though I do hope nothing falls apart!

I'm now soaking a favorite swimsuit coverup that also has orange sunscreen stains on it, and it was washed in Oxyclean and put through the dryer several times. If the citric acid works on it as well, I'm buying more!

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Would white vinegar do the same thing that the citric acid is doing?

They are both acids, citric acid vs acetic acid.

I'm not sure, just trying to save you some room on the shelf for the next twenty years! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I don't think so.

It's just onion, garlic, paste, tomato, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and wine. I usually make up a 28 Oz can's worth and freeze it in pizza-sized portions.

Would white vinegar do the same thing that the citric acid is doing?

They are both acids, citric acid vs acetic acid.

I'm not sure, just trying to save you some room on the shelf for the next twenty years! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm not sure if vinegar would work. The websites said citric acid. I'm just thrilled to pieces that something worked! Oxyclean has always been my go-to, but I had no idea it would react with sunscreen and iron well water like it did.

The key might be well-aged citric acid!

Last edited:
1, 3, 6, 28, 1, 1, to taste, to taste and 1/2. :LOL:

OK.

EVOO
1 small onion
3 garlic
6 oz can tomato paste
28 oz can tomato
Tb oregano,
Tb basil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup wine (I use vermouth)

Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil. Add the paste and sauté until the paste darkens and starts to caramelize. Add the rest of the ingredients.
At this point I use a stick blender to puree it all as I like smooth pizza sauce. BTB, RTS and simmer for 30 minutes.

If the sauce is too acidic for your taste, add a half tsp of baking soda, stir it in and simmer for a couple of minutes.

The Belmont! A whole one minute and 30 seconds, but I just have to watch.

American Pharoah just won the Triple Crown! First TC in 37 years!

Last edited:
That sounds good, Andy.

Congrats to American Pharoah! I didn't see the race, but it's all over the internet. What an accomplishment after so many years!

Well, we were finally able to set a date for the first trip for family and friends to come up and all get together - next Saturday. There's a few celebrations - my youngest daughter will be turning 30th that weekend, she and my SIL just bought their first house and just moved in a couple of weeks ago, and one of the grands had a birthday recently, too.

I've been working on a menu today - so far, I think it will be sliced roast beef and ham, an assortment of breads and cheeses, potato salad, deviled eggs, fruit bowls, a veggie tray with dips, and cake and ice cream. :chef:
More get togethers throughout the month, into July. More birthdays then. But I'll worry about that once we get through this one. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom