What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Dawg. It'll be fun! 15 adults and 6 kids, so far...she just texted me with a possible few more. :shock::LOL:

Gah! Run away! (Inserts Monty Python Holy Grail skit.)

You're a good mom and grandma!

:LOL: Thanks, Dawg...anytime family and friends can get together and celebrate something with lots of food, is good. Especially good when everyone likes each other! :ohmy::LOL:

Trying to settle the dogs. Neighbours down the road are having a party...either that, or their house is on fire. The dogs are going ballistic. I can't quite see what is going on through the trees, but there a lot of noise coming from that direction. And a lot of flashing lights, etc.

Last edited:
Addie, you reminded me of an old calculator that was still used in the late '60s and early '70s in Denmark. Did you ever use one of these calculators? I thought they were very nifty.

Triumphator%20CRN_sn167151_st.jpg

I remember when I first walked into the classroom and saw those machines. My first thought was, "well, here comes failure. I don't remember Failure being a course I signed up for." It had six rows of keys. My hands are very small and I was afraid to lift my hand off the keys and was afraid to stretch my fingers out. My teacher reminded me that I played the piano and did both all the time. All of a sudden the keys were like magic to me. If I could reach an octave+ on the piano, then I could do it on the keys here. :angel:

Last edited:
I started on one of these in the 70's, even at that time it was a dinosaur. We used it to post our daily income, expense, etc... and then generate a daily financial statement. I remember one time we were working late and I had a bottle of soda sitting on the desk, when the carriage return kicked in it knocked it over and into the fireproof file where we kept the ledger cards, I thought I was going to get fired that night! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

national_accounting_machines.jpg

Last edited:
Aunt Bea, it is now the rule (has been since the 70's) in every State agency office that you are not allowed to have liquid drinks on your desk. Too many accidents. Too much lost information that would have to be retrieved from the main frame. :angel:

I am "resting" so I can go to our church's grad banquet tonight. Several kids we have watched grow up are graduating this year, but there is a special guy who I have literally known since the day he was born and have become a second mother to. I did a video tribute to him which will be shown with ones for each of the grads. I am so excited!

I will go get my hair cut and my friend is going to do my nails, but otherwise I am just going to relax so I have the energy to make it through the evening.

I'm very pleased. My favorite swimsuit, which is black and white and "high test" came back from our last vacation with the white parts orange. Researching, there's an ingredient in sunscreen that does that. So I soaked it in Oxyclean and washed it in our high iron-containing well water. Worst thing I could do. The orange came out even darker, apparently the combination of Oxyclean and well water will do that. I was greatly annoyed, considering the suit was expensive and had a large amount of spandex.

I looked a bit more online, and found a recommendation to soak it in citric acid and water overnight, and lo and behold, the white parts are white again! Who knew? I've had the citric acid powder in the cupboard for maybe 20 years!

I researched how to remove rust from old knives and citric acid came up. I got a tall skinny vase and filled with hot water and some citric acid, after a couple hours most of the rust was gone! These were my granddad's knives passed down to my dad, and they had been neglected, glad I could save them!

Just whipped up a batch of apple squares. I love this recipe, so quick and easy, not to mention delicious.

I researched how to remove rust from old knives and citric acid came up. I got a tall skinny vase and filled with hot water and some citric acid, after a couple hours most of the rust was gone! These were my granddad's knives passed down to my dad, and they had been neglected, glad I could save them!

Good to know! Makes sense. Citric acid has been added to my cleaning arsenal, which previously had only white vinegar, rubbing alcohol, Dawn dish detergent and Oxyclean.

I researched how to remove rust from old knives and citric acid came up...
This is a timely comment! I've been going through boxes in the garage for our garage sale. Came across a couple of camp knives that must have been my Dad's. Rusty as all get-out. I think we'll try to restore them, then "gift" one each of our kids with a memento.

Right now I'm stuffing my face and listening to baseball. Later tonight I'll be stuffing my face and watching basketball. Sure hope way later tonight I'm not stuffing my face with Tums. :ROFLMAO:

Good to know! Makes sense. Citric acid has been added to my cleaning arsenal, which previously had only white vinegar, rubbing alcohol, Dawn dish detergent and Oxyclean.

Is that equal amounts of each, Dawg? I've forgotten, and need to replenish my spray bottle. :)

Thank you for this info, BC! I've got some too that need to be cleaned up.

Is that equal amounts of each, Dawg? I've forgotten, and need to replenish my spray bottle. :)

Cheryl, my usual cleaning spray consists of 1/3 part each white vinegar, rubbing alcohol, and water. I use Dawn and Oxyclean for stains.

Last edited:
Cheryl, my usual cleaning spray consists of 1/3 part each white vinegar, rubbing alcohol, and water. I use Dawn and Oxyclean for stains.
I'm going to have to give that spray a try. I'm running out of my regular eco-friendly stuff and it isn't that easy to get that particular stuff.

Back
Top Bottom