What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trying to convince my bf that we need to have the first day of work off next week as iv finally found a KitchenAid stockist (thats not 6hrs away) and AND! Their having a demonstration night!!

If I was a dog I'd have hip displacement from my tail wagging! I'm so excited!!!

PrincessFiona60 said:
Trying to decide if I am awake enough to do things (what I'm not sure). I was so proud of myself, I walked straight onto the kitchen and got what I needed to get my coffee. I got back to the coffee pot and I was carrying the cat food fork, not my coffee cup.

So, I'm wondering if there is anyway I can mainline coffee before I get out of bed...:wacko::ROFLMAO:

One morning I poured iced tea on my bran flakes... The milk is in a paper 1/2 gallon carton and the iced tea was in a gallon Rubbermaid pitcher, I still have no idea how I managed to mix them up!

Bakechef and Fiona,
I can totally relate. I did a small test batch of frosting to make sure I get the peppermint flavour right (it can go so wrong so quickly!). I put it in one of my spin and store containers. Oh yeah, need to mention it is very white. I also put what was left of a pound of Crisco into a similar container. I put one in the fridge and one in the cupboard. This morning when I went to taste the frosting for flavour, I got a very rude awakening - it was pure shortening! The frosting was in the cupboard getting very unuseable...but the pepperment was just right! :wacko:

Now I am trying to get ready to take a 2 hour round trip to get some white "pearls" and black baking cups because no one in the area has what I need and it is too late to order from my Toronto supplier without paying triple for shipping!

The smoke alarm started chirping yesterday, and I hauled the ladder in to unplug it (the alarm is situated in the peak of the living room ceiling). Bought another battery this morning and now need to plug 'er in and lug the ladder back to the garage. Yes, I know I was supposed to switch batteries when the time changed, but I think that's just a ploy to sell more batteries. What's the chirp for otherwise?

Funny - I'd rather sit here and read DC postings.

Just made a vanilla ice cream base that I'm going to churn in a few minutes. I had to make it because we have a blueberry pie in the freezer that needs to be cooked today. Who in their right minds would eat a blueberry pie without vanilla ice cream.

The smoke alarm started chirping yesterday, and I hauled the ladder in to unplug it (the alarm is situated in the peak of the living room ceiling). Bought another battery this morning and now need to plug 'er in and lug the ladder back to the garage. Yes, I know I was supposed to switch batteries when the time changed, but I think that's just a ploy to sell more batteries. What's the chirp for otherwise?

Funny - I'd rather sit here and read DC postings.

Now ya know what that cell phone is for!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm relaxing with a glass of red wine. I got home about an hour ago. My new (used) car needed a new fuel pump. They put a new fuel pump. I started to drive the car home and it stopped again. I phoned the garage. They said to let it cool off for 10 minutes and then drive it back to the garage. It stopped on the way back to the garage. I made them come get me, even though I was at the other end of the block where the garage is. Ha! It finally did its trick for the mechanic. They will keep it for a couple of days and do a bunch of road testing to see if they can figure out the problem. They lent me a 2007 Saab. Well, they aren't just Volvo, they are "Swedish Auto". :)

One morning I poured iced tea on my bran flakes... The milk is in a paper 1/2 gallon carton and the iced tea was in a gallon Rubbermaid pitcher, I still have no idea how I managed to mix them up!

Orange juice in my coffee one morning...urk!:LOL:

Bakechef and Fiona,
I can totally relate. I did a small test batch of frosting to make sure I get the peppermint flavour right (it can go so wrong so quickly!). I put it in one of my spin and store containers. Oh yeah, need to mention it is very white. I also put what was left of a pound of Crisco into a similar container. I put one in the fridge and one in the cupboard. This morning when I went to taste the frosting for flavour, I got a very rude awakening - it was pure shortening! The frosting was in the cupboard getting very unuseable...but the pepperment was just right! :wacko:

Now I am trying to get ready to take a 2 hour round trip to get some white "pearls" and black baking cups because no one in the area has what I need and it is too late to order from my Toronto supplier without paying triple for shipping!

I'm always putting the wrong thing away in the wrong place. The funniest mix up was, Shrek was reaching for a Pepsi and grabbed a beer instead...he was spitting it out like it was poison, said it was the worst tasting Pepsi ever!:LOL:

Just trying to relax, busy day tomorrow and hoping I can get some good sleep tonight. I have two more days to get myself (and my co-workers) set-up. Then I'm on vacation for a week!

Back
Top Bottom