What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Waiting...still not in any house, moving into a studio apartment on Wednesday. We've been unable to get the loan for the Main Street house because it is zoned commercial. So looking at another house a block away. We will be able to move in and "rent to own" at the end of this month. We can live in our house until we close on it, the lease for the people who are living there is over at the end of this month.

It has a deck, a garage, mature yard with a couple little trees. It's two bedroom and a HUGE! kitchen. Enough counter and cupboard space for making a Thanksgiving feast and be able to turn around. I'll be able toput everything away in the kitchen. Will take pics once we move in.

Good luck, keep smilin'!

I went shopping and I bought a small amount of Swiss Cheese. Lately it has had no real flavor. So I made a sandwich. Now I am wishing I bought a full pound. The flavor was like I was in Switzerland itself. What a surprise. Now I am exhausted and ready for a nap. Nighty, night! :angel:

I went shopping and I bought a small amount of Swiss Cheese. Lately it has had no real flavor. So I made a sandwich. Now I am wishing I bought a full pound. The flavor was like I was in Switzerland itself. What a surprise. Now I am exhausted and ready for a nap. Nighty, night! :angel:

Addie, it could be that your taste was off and now it returned. I bought some deli turkey breast that was not Honeysuckle and had to feed it to the dog. He liked it, but I learned my lesson.

Me too! It was called Lotus 123. Remember Lotus? I was a Lotus expert. I'm really showing my age. LOL

I started out on a spreadsheet program I don't remember the name of then moved on to Lotus 1-2-3 and then Excel. For a guy who's as weird about numbers as I am, spreadsheets are a great toy to play with.

Addie, it could be that your taste was off and now it returned. I bought some deli turkey breast that was not Honeysuckle and had to feed it to the dog. He liked it, but I learned my lesson.

Oh how my taste buds have changed over the years. This morning I made a scrambled egg. I bought a package of end cuts of cold cuts. I buy it for Teddy. but there was a large end piece of baloney that had not seen the slicer. So I cut of a hunk and fried it. What ever made me think it was great when I was a kid? :angel:

I liked playing with spreadsheets too, Andy. I like to create macros and then sit there and watch the screen bouncing around, going through the macro. Lotus was my first spreadsheet.

Addie, we still like fried bologna. I put a slice of bologna in the pan and put a slice of tomato on top of it. As it fries, the edges curl up around the tomato.

Addie, we still like fried bologna. I put a slice of bologna in the pan and put a slice of tomato on top of it. As it fries, the edges curl up around the tomato.

Maybe my slice was just too thick. I ate all of the egg, but left some of the baloney. I like your recipe though. I love fresh tomato with anything. I could live on tomato and cucumber sandwiches on whole wheat. :angel:

I started out on a spreadsheet program I don't remember the name of then moved on to Lotus 1-2-3 and then Excel. For a guy who's as weird about numbers as I am, spreadsheets are a great toy to play with.

VisiCalc or Multiplan? ;) My dad is a financial advisor for a school system in the '80s. I remember him telling me about the spreadsheets he was using at work - he was so excited!

I was a spreadsheet expert for a while, but then I started doing graphic and website design and left it behind. DH has surpassed me; part of his job is analyzing science test data for the school system.

It may have been Visicalc, not sure. I was so excited when we got our first IBM PC in the office. It took a 5.25" floppy and had minimal RAM but we were amazed at what we could do.

Our first home computer was an Apple IIC "for the kids to do their homework". It had a 9" monitor. Yikes.

Talk of fried baloney always reminds me of this story. A few guys were discussing the virtues and drawbacks of "cowboy steak". At some point Friend 1 said, "It's good poor people food." Friend 2 looks shocked, "You eat baloney when you have money. When you're poor you eat salmon." (Friend 2 lives on a reserve that is known for its salmon run.) :LOL:

Talk of fried baloney always reminds me of this story. A few guys were discussing the virtues and drawbacks of "cowboy steak". At some point Friend 1 said, "It's good poor people food." Friend 2 looks shocked, "You eat baloney when you have money. When you're poor you eat salmon." (Friend 2 lives on a reserve that is known for its salmon run.) :LOL:

That is funny. But I can see the logic in it. When I was a kid, we ate lobster when there was no money. :angel:

I've been watching the basketball game all night. OMG has it been super-exciting! I sure hope this game doesn't go into overtime. My heart is already stressed from games one and two each needing an extra 5 minutes. Gah!

I just painted a small piece of wood about 1/4 thick, 3 inches long and 7 inches wide that says, "My windows aren't dirty; that's my dog's nose art."

I hung this up in our bay window.

I am back to having to keep a close watch on my blood sugar again. It has been spiking pretty high and I have been staying true to my diet. I really do not want to have to go to taking medications for it. :mad:

Moving Day...moving out of the Motel and into a temporary studio apartment for the next month. Will be able to move into our house on July 10th, before closing, on a rent to own basis.

Things are starting to move along, finally. Got my first paycheck and am enjoying my job. I found my Great Grandmother's name plaque on the Memorial Board at the facility, made me feel comforted...I am where I should be.

Moving Day...moving out of the Motel and into a temporary studio apartment for the next month. Will be able to move into our house on July 10th, before closing, on a rent to own basis.

Things are starting to move along, finally. Got my first paycheck and am enjoying my job. I found my Great Grandmother's name plaque on the Memorial Board at the facility, made me feel comforted...I am where I should be.

:clap::clap::clap:

Addie, you reminded me of an old calculator that was still used in the late '60s and early '70s in Denmark. Did you ever use one of these calculators? I thought they were very nifty.

Triumphator%20CRN_sn167151_st.jpg

I had me one of those at my very first job. My job was to create marked up prices (not mark on) which required division. My machine suddenly decided to go on the fritz. 1/1 = .99999999999999999999999999. I remember we had to get a serviceman to come and fix it.

It was noisy too!

Back
Top Bottom