What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moving Day...moving out of the Motel and into a temporary studio apartment for the next month. Will be able to move into our house on July 10th, before closing, on a rent to own basis.

Things are starting to move along, finally. Got my first paycheck and am enjoying my job. I found my Great Grandmother's name plaque on the Memorial Board at the facility, made me feel comforted...I am where I should be.

That's always a great feeling when you know things are as they should be. I am very happy for you PF.

It may have been Visicalc, not sure. I was so excited when we got our first IBM PC in the office. It took a 5.25" floppy and had minimal RAM but we were amazed at what we could do.

Our first home computer was an Apple IIC "for the kids to do their homework". It had a 9" monitor. Yikes.

I started on Micom word processors. They used 8" floppy discs that held very little and had 64k RAM. The keyboards were such that they were the original sources for carpal tunnel! But I loved them because you could save your work...and make corrections before printing!

Moving Day...moving out of the Motel and into a temporary studio apartment for the next month. Will be able to move into our house on July 10th, before closing, on a rent to own basis.

Things are starting to move along, finally. Got my first paycheck and am enjoying my job. I found my Great Grandmother's name plaque on the Memorial Board at the facility, made me feel comforted...I am where I should be.

That is such a nice surprise. It was meant to be.

I am glad to hear that Shrek is doing better also. Who ever said you can't go back home, had a hole in their head. I have always told my kids since they were old enough to understand; "It is all about family. Never forget, family comes first. Always."

I would like to think that your great grandmother is guiding you when you are at work. She is at your side as you walk the hallways.

Now just think. You and Shrek can sit real close while watching movies on your laptop. How romantic! :angel:

I started on Micom word processors. They used 8" floppy discs that held very little and had 64k RAM. The keyboards were such that they were the original sources for carpal tunnel! But I loved them because you could save your work...and make corrections before printing!

I remember back when my eldest had to write a report on James K. Polk (mid 1980s). She and her mother worked hard on it and got it all typed up. I got home late from work and was asked to proofread it. The word "Tennessee" had been misspelled throughout the paper. Mommy had to retype the whole paper. That was all I needed to justify buying a computer for the house.

I remember back when my eldest had to write a report on James K. Polk (mid 1980s). She and her mother worked hard on it and got it all typed up. I got home late from work and was asked to proofread it. The word "Tennessee" had been misspelled throughout the paper. Mommy had to retype the whole paper. That was all I needed to justify buying a computer for the house.

Andy after my daughter had died, and I had custody of her oldest child, I was helping her one night with homework. It seemed to take forever since it was all handwritten. I bought her the first of many computers to follow, the next day. It seemed like every year she (really me) just had to have the latest and greatest. I always had the best at work. So it just had to be at home also. :angel:

I was hoping I could do a major kitchen cleaning today, washing down the wood things and moving some of the furniture. BUT I need a kick in the pants to get moving. Any volunteers? :whistling

I was hoping I could do a major kitchen cleaning today, washing down the wood things and moving some of the furniture. BUT I need a kick in the pants to get moving. Any volunteers? :whistling

kick%20ass.gif

I am trying to get enough energy to go to Costco. My neighbour will even drive me, but I am afraid my get-up-and-go has got up and went. :ermm:

I guess TB and I will be going in the morning before he goes to work.

Measuring our carryon bags. Some airline task force, with their perfect wisdom, is encouraging airlines to reduce the current size limits of the standard carryon bag, meaning most people will have to buy new ones if the airlines go with their recommendations.

But guess what? Our current ones fit the "new" dimensions! I don't have to buy any! Ours are pretty new, and I did think they looked a bit smaller than what I've seen others trying to cram into the overhead bins, so yay!

Measuring our carryon bags. Some airline task force, with their perfect wisdom, is encouraging airlines to reduce the current size limits of the standard carryon bag, meaning most people will have to buy new ones if the airlines go with their recommendations.

But guess what? Our current ones fit the "new" dimensions! I don't have to buy any! Ours are pretty new, and I did think they looked a bit smaller than what I've seen others trying to cram into the overhead bins, so yay!

It's crazy to see how much people carry to avoid bag fees. I've given in and pay them. For me it's worth not having to find a space which may or may not be near my seat and then schlepping my bags around an airport to make a connection. The airline wins because I don't want to be inconvenienced. :LOL:

A reasonable sized carry-on is one thing but I've seen people board with ridiculous amounts of stuff.

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Yup, me too. I see plenty of folks carry on with almost full-sized bags that should have been checked. Though it doesn't help that the airlines keep trying to squeeze every nickle from the passengers, while also squeezing more passengers into smaller spaces.

Used to be, first checked bag was free, now it's $25 per checked. And lord forbid it would be a pound over, that'll cost an extra $50. We always take a luggage scale, as the airline scales are rarely calibrated.

Last edited:
I am trying to get enough energy to go to Costco. My neighbour will even drive me, but I am afraid my get-up-and-go has got up and went. :ermm:

I guess TB and I will be going in the morning before he goes to work.

Well some of my get-up-and-go came back! My neighbour drove me to Costco and I got all that I needed! :)

I had a very weird day at work, and didn't create anything impressive for dinner, then I took a little nap.

DH is in college, since now he can with the help of the VA, and so I was proofreading his English class assignment. I corrected it, and explained why certain things were wrong.

Mom was an English teacher. Poor DH is having fits with this class, and right now I am looking up illegal recreational pharmaceuticals for myself so I can get him through this class without running the risk of acquiring PTSD along the way.

Just kidding! Actually I have the oven on the nuclear self-cleaning cycle and waiting for the wash to finish so I can load it into the dryer. I'm also watching three terrorist kittens trying to kill each other.

Good thing we have a great veterinarian.

Back
Top Bottom