"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-29-2013, 12:17 AM   #11741
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,130
And, since we need to get up really early tomorrow, and I'm exhausted, I can't sleep.
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:19 AM   #11742
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,068
I am sitting here wondering why do I punish myself all the time. I just wanted to put a piece of food in my stomach so I could take my meds. I made a patty of country sausage. Actually it was a seasoned patty of pepper with pork meat mixed in. Of course I ate all of the patty. There was a big spot of just pepper. It didn't get mixed in very well. Pepper is one of those seasonings that are on my "don't eat."
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:26 AM   #11743
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
+++1! Oh yeah! Oooh, Glacier sounds wonderful!
Just heard my favorite trail is closed for unsafe snow conditions, a young man fell and died of the trail yesterday. I would just love to go to Glacier with Shrek, but he wants to wait for his pal. I'm tempted to take a week on my own and haul my bike up there with me. I could sleep in the back of the car.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:28 AM   #11744
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
And, since we need to get up really early tomorrow, and I'm exhausted, I can't sleep.
I decided a cup of cocoa was what I needed...it wasn't till I took my first sip I realized I put a k-cup in there, too...So I had a double hot Swiss miss with a Double Black Diamond coffee...I'm never sleeping
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:31 AM   #11745
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

Just heard my favorite trail is closed for unsafe snow conditions, a young man fell and died of the trail yesterday. I would just love to go to Glacier with Shrek, but he wants to wait for his pal. I'm tempted to take a week on my own and haul my bike up there with me. I could sleep in the back of the car.
Oh no! Ya know, a tent and sleeping bag might work too. I'm thinking that I may need to start doing more stuff, before I can't anymore.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:23 AM   #11746
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh no! Ya know, a tent and sleeping bag might work too. I'm thinking that I may need to start doing more stuff, before I can't anymore.
Oh, I called that tent lots of not very nice names the night of Relay. I had never assembled it before...I finally found the directions for it the next morning when I took it down.

I would feel safer in the car, if I was by myself...and I wouldn't be such a draw for grizzly bears of which there are one or a hundred of them hanging out in the park. Mountain lions...they would think I was the perfect morsel for packing on the winter weight.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:35 AM   #11747
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am sitting here wondering why do I punish myself all the time. I just wanted to put a piece of food in my stomach so I could take my meds. I made a patty of country sausage. Actually it was a seasoned patty of pepper with pork meat mixed in. Of course I ate all of the patty. There was a big spot of just pepper. It didn't get mixed in very well. Pepper is one of those seasonings that are on my "don't eat."
Hope you are OK Ads!
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:06 AM   #11748
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
NEGATIVE !!

Oh happy day!! The first thing out of my mouth was "thank you Lord"!! Then I cried like a baby, then I threw up. TMI?
Thanks for holding your breath with me, dear ones.
I was REALLY SCARED. Phew!!!
Kayelle, I am SO happy YOU got good news! That is the best news ever. And like PF said, it's OK to spew as long is it isn't in front of us. Time to party, Girl!
__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #11749
Executive Chef
 
Somebunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Blaine, Washington
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
NEGATIVE !!

Oh happy day!! The first thing out of my mouth was "thank you Lord"!! Then I cried like a baby, then I threw up. TMI?
Thanks for holding your breath with me, dear ones.
I was REALLY SCARED. Phew!!!
Kayelle,
This is wonderful news! Shedding happy tears for you. I know Exactly how it feels to hear the word "negative", nothing sweeter! I'm so happy for you....now get out there and continue to celebrate life my friend!
__________________
If you don't like the food, have more wine!
Somebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #11750
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 15,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
NEGATIVE !!

Oh happy day!! The first thing out of my mouth was "thank you Lord"!! Then I cried like a baby, then I threw up. TMI?
Thanks for holding your breath with me, dear ones.
I was REALLY SCARED. Phew!!!


I know exactly how you felt/feel, Kayelle. I walked in those same shoes several years ago. "Negative" is one of the most beautiful words in our vocabulary. Joy, oh, joy! Relax now and move forward with enthusiasm. Life is good!!!
__________________

__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.