What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We finally got a chance to explore a newish Asian supermarket, Marché Sheng Tai. They are both a wholesaler and retailer. Lots and lots of kinds of stuff and lots of variety.

I bought a small (tomato paste size) tin of harirsa sauce, some sesame seed oil, some chili oil, a garlic press, and some duck wings. The duck wings were half the price of chicken wings!

Now I'm all set to make Dragon Lady Kitchen blog: SESAME NOODLES, which people were raving about here a while back.
hapydancsmil.gif

Those duck wings are probably a whole lot meatier, too! Nice little bonus.

Isn't it fun exploring a store like that? We have to drive almost an hour to get to the closest H-Mart, but it's like a trip to the Pacific rim. So many interesting things. Sometimes that's good, sometimes a little odd. Still and adventure!

Those duck wings are probably a whole lot meatier, too! Nice little bonus.

Isn't it fun exploring a store like that? We have to drive almost an hour to get to the closest H-Mart, but it's like a trip to the Pacific rim. So many interesting things. Sometimes that's good, sometimes a little odd. Still and adventure!
Yes, it's great fun exploring a store like that. Stirling doesn't usually come shopping with me, but this was an "outing" for him. (He telecommutes from home for his job.)

Finished up Batch 2 of dill pickles. The crock is cooling its heels in the basement. After being able to detect mostly vinegar with the first batch, I adjusted the recipe. As a bonus, I had real, fresh dill heads from the little plant I have sitting in a pot on my porch! Hopefully the adjustments work. I don't think it will be quite like my Dad's yet, since I forgot to get rye bread. No slice under the plate for the first night. :(

I just finished baking a three layer Hershey's chocolate cake. I have the frosting all made. I will frost it in the morning. Right now I am tired. I mixed it all by hand until I had it all blended. Both cake and frosting. My arm is now laying on the floor. I hate to use the mixer for the cake at the beginning. Flour and cocoa all over the place. Might be more work, but less work for cleanup. Same goes for the frosting.

Right now Pirate has the Saturday Night Fights on. Oh, so much joy in my life. Just what I love to see. Two grown men beating the crap out of each other. Time for me to find something to do. Out in the kitchen preferably. I shouldn't complain. He could be doing worse. As a recovering drug addict I am grateful for every straight day he has. If this is the worse, I will gladly take it. When he was in H.S., he got into boxing. It helped keep him off the streets. And he has never lost his interest in the sport.

Back to the kitchen. Bowls and other good stuff in the sink looking to be washed. :angel:

We've spent the last 2 days shopping around test driving several types of new jeeps.Were going to have it ordered to our specifications.

I can't wait to actually say while I'm driving and tooting the horn.BEEP-BEEP.I'm a Jeep!
My Gr is absolutely going to love riding shot gun with Mom in it.
Knowing him he's probably going to want to drive it.:LOL:

My 13 year old grandson and I played games today (Crazy Eights, Go Fish, Connect Four, Sorry, Trouble and A Trivia Game about Presidents). And much to his happiness, he beat me at every game. Oh well, I had a good time just spending time with him.

Unpacking from our Cozumel trip. We stayed in a condo up north for the first time, instead of downtown where the action is, and both DH and I found we did not need nearly all the clothes we packed. Downtown, we don't want to wear the same stuff every day. Up north is much more isolated and quiet, so it's much easier to get by with limited clothing selections.

The upside, it makes for much less laundry to be done!

Last edited:
My 13 year old grandson and I played games today (Crazy Eights, Go Fish, Connect Four, Sorry, Trouble and A Trivia Game about Presidents). And much to his happiness, he beat me at every game. Oh well, I had a good time just spending time with him.

Sounds like a great way to spend the day!

:whistling I believe the children are our future, Teach them well and let them lead the way...

Taking a break from packing books!

I called a local charity and scheduled a pickup for next Saturday. I have packed 13 bankers boxes and have about 15 more to go! That will get my "library" back to where every book can sit upright on a shelf and not be tucked in on top of another or stacked on a table or chair in the book room!

The next project will be to gradually eliminate the book room and select a couple hundred books that can fit into a small case in my living room.

Remember when everything you owned would fit into your car, those were the days! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I clearly remember when all my possessions fit easily into a small car. In 1974 I packed up and moved out west in a two door Volvo 122 and took a dog too.

I currently am going through everything in the house, eliminating a lot of things and finding new storage space. The ultimate goal is to reclaim my sewing room which disappeared when DH moved his stuff in.

I too remember when all my worldly possessions fit into my little late '70’s model Mercury Comet! Dang, how I loved that car. Her name was Haley.

Last edited:
Pirate is watching Shetland. A Mystery show out of UK. A simple question of "How many Shetland islands are there total?" I was laying down quietly watching TV. An hour and a half later I was still at the computer. Every time I thought I had the answer more info showed up. Next thing I know I am looking up Norse history of invading the islands. Then the meaning of what a skerrie is. I am now ready to write my thesis and get my Doctorate. I hope children in the UK do not have to go all the way back to the invasion of the Norse or Druids when studying the history of the Isles. :angel:

I am packing up my craft room for two reasons.

1. we are getting some renovations done and they will be repairing the ceiling so there will be sanding and painting. I don't want my wool, paper crafts and cake decorating stuff to get dirty from it.

2. We are clearing out the house to get it ready to sell (hence the renos). So, we will be turning it back into the master bedroom for staging purposes. We have rented a storage locker and are also getting rid of stuff so it is not must a matter of piling stuff in boxes. There is the stuff I need to keep here, what goes to storage, give-aways and garbage.

TB and I will be sharing his office until we sell. We have been thinking on and off about moving but are tired of the management company here (we own our place but then again we don't....it is a leasehold) and are being nickled and dimed for repairs that don't affect us.

We are hoping to get a house with a yard for the pets and a suite for the young family we have been helping. We also want to get out of Greater Vancouver and move a little further into the Valley.

Hiding out.Low profile day.
Home alone all day so I'll give my dog a bath and hair cut today.

I need a life.She's only getting a bath so that I can put her new bandana that says Princess on her.

The other one says I was born a B.What's your excuse? LOL!!!:ROFLMAO:
Yep she's my girl.

I made a quick supper for Pirate and myself. I quick bag of rice cooked in Better Than Bullion broth. Steak tips cooked with garlic oil, green onions, and peas in a gravy. Gravy made with seasoned rice water. Quick and easy. I even tossed the peas in the gravy to cook. Two pans, two plates. Even an easy cleanup. I love nights like this. Grant you it is a little early for supper. 2:45 in the p.m. But Teddy will be here just around supper time. Have to break that begging habit he has developed. Lunch and supper together. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom