What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm here in bed next to my snoring hubby. Obviously I have my laptop here, and I was just thinking...

When hubby was first diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, I almost fell apart. It was pretty much a death sentence with such a low survival rate. But he battled it and he had great doctors and now he's still clean after four years.

He has regained his energy and is working. He's amazing.

And now I listen to his breathing next to me while the rain beats against our bedroom windows. The veggie garden we planted is greeting the rain, and so are my new flowers on the decks.

I'm listening to life all around me, and I am truly humbled.

Life is precious and totally amazing. I am filled with gratefulness and humility.

Sounds exciting LP. Don't overdo it.

Thanks Taxy, I am trying not to. I do a bit, check email; do a bit, go read; do a bit.... So far it is working for me.

Today my goal is to get all the stuff off the floor, my computer and sewing machine out and remove my work table. That should give them enough room to work. All the edibles for my cakes are out so I don't have to worry about that.

I am proud of myself for how much I am getting done and how I am pacing myself! :angel:

I'm here in bed next to my snoring hubby. Obviously I have my laptop here, and I was just thinking...

When hubby was first diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, I almost fell apart. It was pretty much a death sentence with such a low survival rate. But he battled it and he had great doctors and now he's still clean after four years.

He has regained his energy and is working. He's amazing.

And now I listen to his breathing next to me while the rain beats against our bedroom windows. The veggie garden we planted is greeting the rain, and so are my new flowers on the decks.

Life is precious and totally amazing. I am filled with gratefulness and humility.

I must tell you that your reflective thoughts really touched me this morning CCL. Thank you for sharing such beautiful emotion. :flowers:

I am humbled by your sharing and your insights. May you always be that in tune to the positives of life. {{{{{CCL and her hubby}}}}}

Thanks Taxy, I am trying not to. I do a bit, check email; do a bit, go read; do a bit.... So far it is working for me.

I am proud of myself for how much I am getting done and how I am pacing myself! :angel:

You sound like me.Why knock ourselves out.

We could start a pacing club and be proud about it.Free full lifetime pacing membership is available.:ohmy::LOL:

I am packing up my craft room for two reasons.

1. we are getting some renovations done and they will be repairing the ceiling so there will be sanding and painting. I don't want my wool, paper crafts and cake decorating stuff to get dirty from it.

2. We are clearing out the house to get it ready to sell...
Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead. It's good you've found a way to pace yourself and keep feeling human.

Watching the All-Star Game.
That was a fun game, wasn't it? I couldn't help noticing how many of the players were ex-Red Sox though. I don't know the reasons your team lets good ones get away, Andy. I know my team does because they are either a small-market team or have a cheap owner. The opinions vary on that one, depending on whether you know how Moneyball is played or not. The Sox don't mind spending money though.

I'm here in bed next to my snoring hubby....And now I listen to his breathing next to me while the rain beats against our bedroom windows. The veggie garden we planted is greeting the rain, and so are my new flowers on the decks.

Isn't it amazing how much brighter and clearer the good things in life become when you've weathered a tough patch like you and your hubby have? Your post made me smile when I first read it, and I've kept smiling since. Wishing continued good health to your dear hubby.

You sound like me.Why knock ourselves out.

We could start a pacing club and be proud about it.Free full lifetime pacing membership is available.:ohmy::LOL:

Munky, that sounds like a great idea! :)

However, I guess I didn't pace well enough yesterday as I ended up with horrible back spasms today and a fibromyalgia flare. So, I did the small amount I needed to for the contractor, made lunch, got TB off to work and then had a nap - I was so deep in sleep that I don't remember talking to Kay, the mom of the kids we are helping with. She said she called, I talked for a minute and then there was silence but the phone wasn't hung up. So she called my neighbour who asked the contractor. He told her I had laid down because of back pain. I woke up 2 hours later, the contractor was gone, and the phone showed "line in use"! :wacko:

I am better tonight but taking it easy.

If you guys are forming a "Pacing Club", could you please put me in the "Snail" group?

I've been trying to clean out the basement and organize the stuff I set aside for the garage sale. So far all I've really managed to clean out is a box of crackers and a few cookies. :ermm: I still haven't priced many of the things going to sale. I think I might have a problem here...

If you guys are forming a "Pacing Club", could you please put me in the "Snail" group?

I've been trying to clean out the basement and organize the stuff I set aside for the garage sale. So far all I've really managed to clean out is a box of crackers and a few cookies. :ermm: I still haven't priced many of the things going to sale. I think I might have a problem here...
Tell you what, CG, if you come over here and help me decide what I am really going to need in the way of my craft/cake supplies in the time between now and whenever we sell this place, buy another and move (weeks? months? years?) I will come by and help you figure out what to sell and for how much - I am getting pretty good at that!

LP, you do not want my help in your sewing and craft room. Since I no longer do either, I would suggest you get rid of all of it! :ermm: :LOL: You are still welcome to price my stuff but one warning - I am being ruthless with getting rid of stuff. There is a lot there! If Himself doesn't start doing a bit more around here HE is in danger of being priced.

Dinner prepped? Check.
Gardening clothes sprayed and dried, ready to repel ticks? Check.
Snack consumed to get me through until supper? Check AND Check. :yum:
All ready to go out and gard....WHAT time is it??? *sigh*

Since 4:15 PM gives me about an hour before the bugs really get bad, I think I will tackle option 2. Down to the basement to price more garage sale stuff. LP, help!

I needed some money out of my account at the bank so I wrote out the check for cash as usual. When the checker had my money she just layed it on the counter and said "there'. I said aren't you going to count it back to me and she said, we don't do that anymore. Well, I said, I will count it while I am standing here. She said no problem, some do and some don't. Is this something new? Another thing, the money was not all facing up and in the right direction. I know it's no big deal but it just took me by surprise.

The checker? Was this at your bank?

I've never written a check for cash. I've had a debit card for about 30 years so I always use the ATM machine when I need cash. I never even carry a checkbook anymore.

I can't remember the last time I went into the bank to do any banking, but store cashiers usually count back my change.

Last edited:

I've never written a check for cash. I've had a debit card for about 30 years so I always use the ATM machine when I need cash. I never even carry a checkbook anymore.

I can't remember the last time I went into the bank to do any banking, but store cashiers usually count back my change.

Yes, this was at my regular bank we have been going to for many years. I guess you don't call them checkers, I should have said teller. Sorry.

Same here, but I almost never pay for stuff with cash nowadays.

When I first got a debit card, there were fees for taking out money, even at one's own bank, so I didn't often do that. Back then, it was cheaper to ask for cash back when paying with a debit card at a store.

I needed some money out of my account at the bank so I wrote out the check for cash as usual. When the checker had my money she just layed it on the counter and said "there'. I said aren't you going to count it back to me and she said, we don't do that anymore. Well, I said, I will count it while I am standing here. She said no problem, some do and some don't. Is this something new? Another thing, the money was not all facing up and in the right direction. I know it's no big deal but it just took me by surprise.

That makes me sad!

I have not run into that situation but I was surprised when my last order of checks did not include any deposit slips in the back of the check book, another economy move.

I have a debit card that I only use at the ATM and a credit card that I use at the gas station or for online purchases. I tend to use cash for most purchases and I don't plan to change.

Back
Top Bottom