What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We "charge it!" for everything too. Instead of airline miles, we use Discover cash back to get gift cards to places we shop: Lowe's, BBB, chain restaurants. We use the restaurant cards when we travel, so most of our food while on the drive down/back is "free food". We DO enjoy a night out at the Bahama Breeze in Fort Myers, too.

Right now I'm pretty sure I should be banking that cash back credit to save for a boat load of BBB cards. Somehow, I think when you "toast" bread, you shouldn't have to flip it over to get both sides tanned...:ermm:

We use a Chase Freedom card, which, depending on the season, gives cash back, up to 5%. We exchange the points for cash or bill credit.

When we travel, we use the Charles Schwab debit card, which rebates all our international ATM charges.

We also charge just about everything on our Capitol One cards. They have paid for several airfares to Aruba and car rentals while there. Alas, those days are gone as, since SO retired, she doesn't build up as many points on her CC.

As a side note, you are not protected from fraud on your debit card like you are on your CC so be careful where you use it. I use my DC only at Costco.

I needed some money out of my account at the bank so I wrote out the check for cash as usual. When the checker had my money she just layed it on the counter and said "there'. I said aren't you going to count it back to me and she said, we don't do that anymore. Well, I said, I will count it while I am standing here. She said no problem, some do and some don't. Is this something new? Another thing, the money was not all facing up and in the right direction. I know it's no big deal but it just took me by surprise.

I am really surprised the money wasn't counted out to you. Don't tellers have to balance out their drawer every night? I visit my bank a couple times a month and they count all money to me, and everyone else.

Our credit union has money counting machines. You hand the teller a withdrawal slip and he enters the info including the denominations you request. The machine by his side counts out the money and it's handed to you. Not sure if it's counted back.

Our credit union has money counting machines. You hand the teller a withdrawal slip and he enters the info including the denominations you request. The machine by his side counts out the money and it's handed to you. Not sure if it's counted back.

Same with my credit union. Depending how much $ I want, they ask if I want 10s, 20s, or 50s and the machine counts it out. I almost always use the ATM and hardly ever go to the bank, but the last time I did they still counted out the bills.

Ours does the same, makes transactions very quick.

We use a credit card for practically everything. Then we fly for free with the miles :)

It's so rare for me to use cash. I put $100 in my wallet at the end of march and still have some of it.

Thanks to reward points we hardly ever have to pay for a hotel.

I used my Costco Amex to pay for all my mom's moving expenses and racked up a good amount of points, especially filling up that moving truck with gas over and over!

Last edited:
It almost sounds like the teller had been recently admonished for an error or perhaps the way she may have responded to a customer's request. Whatever the reason, I would suggest that you go back to her the next time with the same request. See if her attitude has changed. At best, give her a chance to show her good side. :angel:

It almost sounds like the teller had been recently admonished for an error or perhaps the way she may have responded to a customer's request. Whatever the reason, I would suggest that you go back to her the next time with the same request. See if her attitude has changed. At best, give her a chance to show her good side. :angel:

She was very nice, she said that this is a new policy, that they don't count your money, if you want to that is no problem. Like she said, some do and some don't. Why won't you? I want to make sure I got the right amount before I leave the bank.

She was very nice, she said that this is a new policy, that they don't count your money, if you want to that is no problem. Like she said, some do and some don't. Why won't you? I want to make sure I got the right amount before I leave the bank.

When the tellers had to count the money out of the drawer, they were instructed to re-count it for the customer. Now that a machine counts it, no recount is necessary because machines are perfect and never make a mistake. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am getting ready to head to bed as I have to get up bright and early for my neurologist appointment in the morning. It is not in town so we have to leave really early through rush hour traffic.

I am also getting together my list of medications and diagnoses - yes, it is a very long list! :wacko:

We had a problem once at the bank's ATM machine. It malfunctioned and the money didn't come out, but it deducted it from our account and the machine went "out of order." We went into the bank and they said nothing could be done until the next day when the machine was audited. I argued with them because I didn't think that the money should have been deducted from our account in that case. We had enough money to make another withdrawal so we had cash, but what if we didn't? We were at the ATM that is attached to the building. They said that the ATM that is by itself out on an island is only audited once a week and we would have had to wait until that audit day to get our money.

I have spent the better part of the day listening to all of my muscles yell at me. Two hours of gardening yesterday, today I feel like an old lady. :ermm: What, what? I AM an old lady? :glare: Just wait until it's your turn...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom